Locke & Key (Netflix)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hulu Orders a Pilot for a Locke & Key Adaptation From the Director of Doctor Strange

http://io9.gizmodo.com/hulu-orders-a-pilot-for-a-locke-key-adaptation-from-t-1794506965

At 2011's San Diego Comic-Con, a lucky few got to see the first attempt at a TV adaptation of Joe Hill and Gabriel Rodriguez’s cult-favorite IDW horror fantasy comic. That pilot never got picked up, but Locke & Key has been playing the second-chance sweepstakes ever since—and it looks to have paid off.

Granted, today’s news is just the confirmation that another pilot has been ordered; there’s no series commitment yet. But the TV landscape has changed a lot since 2011. Hulu, home of horror scifi anthology Dimension 404 and the upcoming J.J. Abrams-Stephen King project Castle Rock, feels like a promising fit (and not just because King is writer Joe Hill’s father). Plus, this pilot has a big-name director attached: Scott Derrickson, who’s hot off Marvel hit Doctor Strange and who also happens to have a horror background (Sinister, The Exorcism of Emily Rose), both of which dovetail nicely with Locke & Key’s story points about dimensional portals, magical powers, demons, and so forth. According to Deadline, Derrickson was the first director approached about the project, and he readily agreed; if the show’s picked up he’ll helm multiple episodes before reporting for duty on the Doctor Strange sequel.

--------------------------------

Can't wait. Read most of Joe Hill's books and short stories. Great stuff. I've got to break out my old Locke & Key comics now. :thumbup:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it's on it's 3rd or 4th studio and had at least three attempts at an adaptation (three pilots).

Hulu most recently ordered a pilot but then passed on the series. Netflix swooped in and picked it up for their service.

Releases this month. Hoping it's decent. Love Joe Hill's work.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott Derrickson had originally signed on to direct this project but he dropped out due to scheduling and Andy Muschietti took his place.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The family loves this show. We just finished Season 2. Not sure if anybody else watched Season 1 or 2 but we like the show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So ends this series. All 3 seasons were pretty solid. It was a show with high school kids that didn't feel like a "high school" show. Adults had flaws but were also major characters. I'll miss it, it was a pretty good time and some of the Key powers were pretty cool.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So ends this series. All 3 seasons were pretty solid. It was a show with high school kids that didn't feel like a "high school" show. Adults had flaws but were also major characters. I'll miss it, it was a pretty good time and some of the Key powers were pretty cool.
Entire family loves this show. We are on the second to the last episode. I wish it would go a couple more seasons.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose