Sanders Off Season Plan

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So you saying we can’t do everything. That is true. That is why we ( us) have to accept the fact that we are only going to be able to accomplish 6 moves even though we need 10.

So moves and acquisition made this year have to be with the thoughts and ideas of how it’s going to lead into next year.

We need to accept the fact we may still desire an OLB but will be forced to live with Reddick or Marsh. Who knows? They might be adequate.

We need to accept the fact that we might have to live with the offense status quo. Yes we believe we need a wr1 but not at the cost of filling a major deficiency at DE, ILB , OLB or O-line which could fill that hole for years to come.

I have come to the conclusion that 98% of us will be unhappy with the moves made between now and training camp. Keim is going to get blasted by us, rightfully so because things should have not gotten this bad.

That being said I see a glimmer of hope because of the way things unfolded in 2019. We have 100 miles to go. Get your mind right and understand that if we can go 70 miles this year it will be a big accomplishment.
I agree with almost all of what you said except for the 98% part. I would say 80% but who's counting lol? Do I totally trust Keims decisions? No I don't but he's kind of backed into a corner now. He knows this season coming up is "put up or shut up". I'm hoping that motivates him, to a certain degree I think it will. Hopefully he's learned from his past mistakes with signings & draft picks? Even MB the other day admitted he's heard all the backlash about Keim from fans. Yes, Keim is his best buddy, he has his back, that is obvious. That being said, if the Keim signings & draft picks causes a bad season in 2020 & the fans absolutely stop showing up, then there will be major changes in 2021 starting with the GM. That's my opinion. Keim has to know 2020 is a big year for his future employment. If he isn't smart enough to know that then he just isn't that smart or doesn't really care?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with almost all of what you said except for the 98% part. I would say 80% but who's counting lol? Do I totally trust Keims decisions? No I don't but he's kind of backed into a corner now. He knows this season coming up is "put up or shut up". I'm hoping that motivates him, to a certain degree I think it will. Hopefully he's learned from his past mistakes with signings & draft picks? Even MB the other day admitted he's heard all the backlash about Keim from fans. Yes, Keim is his best buddy, he has his back, that is obvious. That being said, if the Keim signings & draft picks causes a bad season in 2020 & the fans absolutely stop showing up, then there will be major changes in 2021 starting with the GM. That's my opinion. Keim has to know 2020 is a big year for his future employment. If he isn't smart enough to know that then he just isn't that smart or doesn't really care?
The only thing that saved Keims as this year was being in position to get Kyler. Had we won 1 or 2 more games(thank you Mr. Wilks) who knows what 2019 would have looked like? It appeared to be a big risk at the time.

Can he get us back to good? We’ll see. It is within his grasp. He needs to shore up the front 7 on this defense. An impact DE and ILB in free agency would be a step in the right direction.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only thing that saved Keims as this year was being in position to get Kyler. Had we won 1 or 2 more games(thank you Mr. Wilks) who knows what 2019 would have looked like? It appeared to be a big risk at the time.

Can he get us back to good? We’ll see. It is within his grasp. He needs to shore up the front 7 on this defense. An impact DE and ILB in free agency would be a step in the right direction.
I have my fingers crossed lol. I have a feeling he will spend on the defense but with his past moves...........you never know? There's only so much he can do to fix his past mistakes & cap hell he created in one off-season. As long as he's trying & the majority of the fan base can actually see he's trying.................? Plus the team shows even more improvement in 2020..........? At no point, no GM should just do nothing & think their team has arrived. Every yr a GM should be looking for ways to improve, be thinking 2 steps ahead on everything, most notably the cap & players contracts -vs- their performance on the field. Keim has failed miserably at all of this most of his yrs with us. I hope he's hell bent on getting "this plan" he keeps talking about right? We shall see? At least we will see on paper by the end of April.

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NFL owners should be scouting this thread. I am sure they could find a solid GM with all the experts here.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have my fingers crossed lol. I have a feeling he will spend on the defense but with his past moves...........you never know? There's only so much he can do to fix his past mistakes & cap hell he created in one off-season. As long as he's trying & the majority of the fan base can actually see he's trying.................? Plus the team shows even more improvement in 2020..........? At no point, no GM should just do nothing & think their team has arrived. Every yr a GM should be looking for ways to improve, be thinking 2 steps ahead on everything, most notably the cap & players contracts -vs- their performance on the field. Keim has failed miserably at all of this most of his yrs with us. I hope he's hell bent on getting "this plan" he keeps talking about right? We shall see? At least we will see on paper by the end of April.
The difference this year is he could sign solid player or two without scraping the bargain basement with one year prove it deals. That being said I believe we will see a couple of those type of players signed, but not a cornerstone type prayer.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
NFL owners should be scouting this thread. I am sure they could find a solid GM with all the experts here.

Welcome to ASFN, Steve Keim. Newbies buy first round (as long as you get Diet Coke).

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I mean, I'm pretty sure combined we could do a better job than Keim.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The difference this year is he could sign solid player or two without scraping the bargain basement with one year prove it deals. That being said I believe we will see a couple of those type of players signed, but not a cornerstone type prayer.
It would be sweet to get Chris Jones & Corey Littleton on defense in FA. That would be quite expensive though. Probably only leave around 10 million or so on the cap after that.