O.T.-XFL

Fiasco

Tyler Durden
Reaction score
I think it will only make it one full season. America has no interest in what are essentially minor league sports. The only reason MLB minor leagues survive is because they're propped up by the majors as a developmental system. The XFL is billing itself as competition... competition that will obviously be vastly inferior.

But I do agree with @Chris_Sanders, the league will likely come up with a few wrinkles that the NFL will adopt and carry on. We will also probably see another Tommy Maddox or 2, guys who shine among the turds.

Next weekends battlehawks game is going to sell out. They are talking about opening one side of the upper bowl.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Next weekends battlehawks game is going to sell out. They are talking about opening one side of the upper bowl.
Seattle sold 25,000 seats. This will become the next MLS. I can see the same level of popularity which would be a major win for the XFL they just have to be patient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm enjoying the games and the different rules they have in place, game play improved in week 2 also. I like football so this is fun

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, judging from the number of people going to watch it appears to have plenty of interest. Lower ticket prices and a lot of factors come into play. There were quite a few people at the Seattle game and they acted about like they were at a Seahawks game.

These teams need to figure out a way to reel in some decent QB's though. A lot of pretty crummy QB play IMO.

I was interested in seeing what the product looked like and have been trying to decide if there's a team I would consider rooting for even though there's no Az team. So far I'm thinking Houston Roughnecks. Can't bring myself to root for NY, DC, or Dallas, Lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
They need to find a way to "barrow" some NFL players, like backup QB's or young WR's. Right now, those two are the biggest missing pieces for a couple of players. Brett Hundley would be a big upgrade over half of the current starters and it would nice to make sure he stays ready.

Or they need to get college Junior and Seniors to make a jump for two years to the XFL. They can make money and gear up for the NFL. Think about it, Trevor Lawrence for one or two seasons in the XFL vs. College would be fun to watch.
Someone's been watching/listening to Florio...That's his exact take.

Which I agree with...they need to go full USFL and get the likes of Young, Kelly, Hershel, etc...even if it's a just a year or two, before they go to NFL.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk