With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wouldn't say any of those guys are more certain hits than Wills, Wirfs or Thomas except Young.

Brown isn't as good as Quinnen coming out. Possibly not even Ed Oliver. Simmons is a scheme fit question mark etc etc

This is one of the best tackle classes in a long time. I feel like some people are trying to find ways to hate on it for no reason other than they want that Escalade.

Kyler is awesome behind great O lines. Let's give him a great O line and not over think things.

you really need to stop saying that because it’s flat out not true. It’s a very thing class

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the article. I definitely didn't see it. That said, it's funny how the second quote is so much less of an endorsement than the first. I don't describe people I like a lot with "we have a comfortable relationship," haha.

Totally not an indictment of Kyler or their relationship, if anyone thinks I was going that way.

Sounds like he thinks hes a good player, but they aren't close friends.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't say any of those guys are more certain hits than Wills, Wirfs or Thomas except Young.

Brown isn't as good as Quinnen coming out. Possibly not even Ed Oliver. Simmons is a scheme fit question mark etc etc

This is one of the best tackle classes in a long time. I feel like some people are trying to find ways to hate on it for no reason other than they want that Escalade.

Kyler is awesome behind great O lines. Let's give him a great O line and not over think things.

It's a better class we've seen in awhile, but there isnt a for sure left tackle in the group.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen this guy lately...he seems to have fallen completely out of the top 10 conversation?

Hope he has a strong combine and gets back into the top 7.

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Literally nobody else thinks it is

really cause McShay and Kiper just had a podcast last week where they talked about how thin the O-line class was and what a drop off it was after the top 3.

I have no idea why you cling to this but it’s clearly your thing.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I completely agree about the class of tackles in this draft.

Becton is just as big a risk as Austin Jackson is. And I actually think both have super low, Erick Flowers/Tony Mandarich level bust potential and All-Pro level ceilings.

Becton is being talked about in the top 10 and Jackson will probably be there in the mid 2nd.

And you don't pick that type of prospect in the top 10. It's why Nkemdiche fell in to the 20's.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
really cause McShay and Kiper just had a podcast last week where they talked about how thin the O-line class was and what a drop off it was after the top 3.

I have no idea why you cling to this but it’s clearly your thing.

Yet Mcshay has 6 OTs going round one in his mock draft. Including 3 in the top 10.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
like it was pointed out in the post before yours there’s 3 and a bunch of raw projects.

Raw projects with first round grades.

Wirfs, Wills, Thomas, Becton, and Jones are almost all guaranteed to go 1st round. Part of it is the lack of talent in the NFL and the other part is that their just hasn't been a class with this many decent tackles in a while.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think? The Panthers seem like a potential landing spot..

I don't think Simmons is an ILB. At best he's a WIL, more likely a box safety.

At ILB he would be a project. He played something like 70 snaps there. You don't take a project at #8.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
like it was pointed out in the post before yours there’s 3 and a bunch of raw projects.

Raw projects? They are no more raw projects than literally every other player in the draft.

Jeez, some guys only want a tackle if they are the Quentin Nelson of tackles. When was the last time there was a sure fire 100% guaranteed hit tackle in the draft? Probably never.

Plus, we only need one of the "3" you deem worthy. The other "projects" don't matter to us at #8.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
In the modern football landscape, most offensive linemen are going to be projects. That's just the way the college game is going. Gotta take a guy at some point for this franchise. We can't just keep kicking the can down the road and hoping the elite, perfect, best lineman ever will fall to us right when we need him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In the modern football landscape, most offensive linemen are going to be projects. That's just the way the college game is going. Gotta take a guy at some point for this franchise. We can't just keep kicking the can down the road and hoping the elite, perfect, best lineman ever will fall to us right when we need him.

Exactly. There isn't a Cards fan in existence that hasn't moaned like poo about our O line for 10 years. We haven't had an O line that's been outside the bottom 3rd in pass pro in the PFF era (2006) until last year and whether you like PFF or not anyone with eyes knows that's the case.

Granted, last year WAS the best pass pro we had for a while but that's a product of scheme as much as anything else.

Of our 5 starters Murray is a waiver wire pickup, Hump and AQ are FA and AQ is 32, Sweezy is 32. Pugh is the only guy with more than a year under contract and he's a big potential cap casualty after next year.

We need to start investing in the O line via the draft.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score

It could be argued that "the modern football landscape" is exactly what has led to the sudden extreme interest in dual threat QB's.

With the college game not being capable of keeping up with supplying the NFL demand for starting quality O linemen, SOMETHING needed to change. What DID was the old idea of having a "pocket passer" QB behind a stellar O line.

Am I saying O line is unimportant? No. I'm saying some people are either not keeping up with what's going on, or really thinking about what they're seeing.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It could be argued that "the modern football landscape" is exactly what has led to the sudden extreme interest in dual threat QB's.

With the college game not being capable of keeping up with supplying the NFL demand for starting quality O linemen, SOMETHING needed to change. What DID was the old idea of having a "pocket passer" QB behind a stellar O line.

Am I saying O line is unimportant? No. I'm saying some people are either not keeping up with what's going on, or really thinking about what they're seeing.
You and I might disagree here... I think mobile QBs have been a thing in college ball for a long time now, but changing rules for the safety of players have taken away a lot of defensive chops and have allowed spread and Air Raid systems to become prevalent.

I think if the rules hadn't changed first, football wouldn't change with it. Definitely an interesting debate though.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What to do at WR this offseason really confounds me. I'd like to get KM a better target, but adding another young guy to the room just doesn't appeal to me given how many 1st round receivers bust. I'd really like someone more proven.

Where we stand today, if I was forced to pick from these guys, I'd go with Lamb, given the familiarity with Kyler.

Does anyone know about Kyler and Lamb's relationship? Are they best buds? Just two guys benefiting from the same system? If KM and he are super close and driven to greatness together, I'd love to see Kyler stump for his guy and have the team go get him, even though I conceptually prefer improving our OL.
They seemed cool at OU. However, I know he'd get frustrated at times when Kyler would miss an easy throw to him. Then again that was just a few times because more times than not Lamb would make a spectacular catch on a poorly thrown pass.
Cool, thanks for the article. I definitely didn't see it. That said, it's funny how the second quote is so much less of an endorsement than the first. I don't describe people I like a lot with "we have a comfortable relationship," haha.

Totally not an indictment of Kyler or their relationship, if anyone thinks I was going that way.
Kyler wanted Cody Ford at the top of the 2nd round (obviously before he proved anything)

However, word is Keim favors Jeudy over Lamb. So if both are available I think they go Jeudy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keim also compared Lamb to Hopkins. Watch Hopkins tape and they watch Lamb. Very similar play style.

The Cardinals are in the position that virtually any position they draft will make the team better. The only positions I would hate for them to draft at #8 is TE or Safety.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Cardinals are in the position that virtually any position they draft will make the team better. The only positions I would hate for them to draft at #8 is TE or Safety.

#8 is practically un-Keimable. There will be, at the very minimum, a competent NFL starter drafted there. If we are lucky, a star.

its #40 where I start worrying

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keim says hold his 5 beers

You must be registered for see images

Why did Cooper fail? He certainly was very talented.

I think he failed because of his injury and his lack of passion. If you are just good at football and you dont love the game, coming back from an injury that severe is tough to ever fully come back from.

I think if Cooper hadn't been injured, he'd probably have worked out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA