OT: Cannabis is coming

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As an avid CBD user and opposed to sleep meds and painkillers I think this is a good thing. Obviously the owners had to give in some things under the new CBA proposal. The two week thing is dumb but it’s progress.

like or dislike the idea?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

As an avid CBD user and opposed to sleep meds and painkillers I think this is a good thing. Obviously the owners had to give in some things under the new CBA proposal. The two week thing is dumb but it’s progress.

like or dislike the idea?

Daryl Washington anyone lol

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to not have it be federally legal, and ridiculous to subject players to testing for it.

Let's be honest, smoking pot has been a regular and culturally accepted thing for at least half a century. Stop this ridiculous charade.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Good. Way better than loading them up on pills

YES!

#1 thing about this, is it allows a person to treat themselves for pain without opioids.

It is slowly getting legalized across the country and globe anyways.

About time

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
It's ridiculous to not have it be federally legal, and ridiculous to subject players to testing for it.

Let's be honest, smoking pot has been a regular and culturally accepted thing for at least half a century. Stop this ridiculous charade.

I don't do it but find it really difficult to understand how someone could get in trouble (and prison!) for smoking something that grows out of your yard.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I've been reading about CBD. I have some joint pain and like natural remedies.

Has anybody tried this? Had any success?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Legal from coast to coast in Canada.

Mix of government and private shops as the provinces decide how the business will be administered.

Supply and price issues.

Local pusher still doing fine!

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I know people that have used it and say it has helped. It certainly does no harm to try.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I use it and it has helped me immensely. I have some pretty serious lumbar spinal cord issues, which I’ve had since birth, and serious arthritis in my neck. Plus I managed to tear my rotator cuff twice in the past couple of years.

I go to a pain management M.D. and she has zero issues with my using it. She’s told me some patients get relief while others don’t. It took a while for me to find the right dosage. It doesn’t take away all of my pain but it brings it down a few notches. It’s also a huge help for sleeping better.

It’s very expensive but Lazarus Naturals has a massive discount program for veterans and others.

My internal medicine doctor is also a huge fan. He’s said he expects to be writings prescriptions for pot in the coming years.

Dosing is everything. What works for some does nothing for others.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For me it’s helped immensely with sleep. I used to take a lot of pills that would zombify you into a coma but it wasn’t quality sleep. The stuff I use is 10-1/CBD-THC so there’s little to no psychological effects. But it’s the expensive stuff not the cheap hemp gas station crap.

Reaction score

+1 I've been a regular smoker for over 40 years. I've never had any trouble buying it. It's just a waste of taxpayers money to try & fight it. Especially for something that is less harmful than alcohol or tobacco.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
I have never liked the effect but dont care if someone else wants to use responsibly. Just like alcohol dont make your addiction my problem when you get behind the wheel.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I dated someone over the summer who really wanted me to try and it has changed my life. I feel 10 years younger and my performance at work has improved greatly. I take CBD (25mg) every morning now and then a 2:1 (50mg CBD, 25mg THC) about 90 minutes before bedtime and I my sleep is amazing with zero handover effect. I wish it had become legal years earlier here in Oregon. I don't smoke it, just edibles. I also don't drink or do anything else, so becoming a regular user is not something I thought would ever happen.

https://gronchocolate.com/ <- My favorite!!

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score

My personal experience no but I ended up getting a knee replacement so I'm not sure if it was meant for that kind of pain ( my knee was literally bone on bone no meniscus left ) but I've also heard of people having good results so I guess it's a trial and error thing you could try it, if it doesn't work you only lost a few $$