Matt Millers Post Super Bowl 7 round mock

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Pff is Raving about Becton in their podcast

Please post the link.

Weird that they blasted him in an article regarding "true pass sets" and now are raving about him.

I am still on the Becton train.

Long way to go and I still believe in BPA. We are going to have a shot at a potentially great player...we just need to make the right choice.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Dillard doesnt have Becton's physical traits.

Becton has Bryant McKinnie and Orlando Pace physical traits.

FWIW - here are some highlights from Bryant McKinnie at the University of Miami.

I am not a scout but Becton seems to have better feet and a more violent punch.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
FWIW - here are some highlights from Bryant McKinnie at the University of Miami.

I am not a scout but Becton seems to have better feet and a more violent punch.

Profootballreference.com has their own stat that grades a players contribution. I think its AV or something like that.

Bryant McKinnie graded out higher than Orlando Pace.

I'm not 100% sold on Becton, but he looks so effortless dominating opposing players. He looks like he has absolutely elite size and strength and his reach is ridiculous.

Few OTs with below average arm length make it because they end up reaching for pass rushers and they get off balance. That gives the rusher a huge advantage.

I went into the offseason thinking Thomas was the top guy and started looking at the film clips to include the full game mashups. No way is Thomas the best guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not sure what Keim believes about the past.

Keim may want him back but at what price?

This would be Keims first 2nd contract for a 1st rd pick.

The reason I do like the idea of Becton is that I think you can franchise DJ and put Becton at RT. If DJ doesnt continue to progress, you cut bait and move Becton to the left side.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I am not 100% sold on Becton either FWIW...he has things he needs to improve on but I think all college players do. Love Becton's potential but also really like Wills.

Simmons is still very intriguing and so is Cee Dee Lamb if he is a legit #1 (can't deny his connection with K1 and this offense).

At the end of the day, we have to make the right choice.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am not 100% sold on Becton either FWIW...he has things he needs to improve on but I think all college players do. Love Becton's potential but also really like Wills.

Simmons is still very intriguing and so is Cee Dee Lamb if he is a legit #1 (can't deny his connection with K1 and this offense).

At the end of the day, we have to make the right choice.

This draft is intriguing because the Cardinals could go so many ways...even OLB.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I continue to be shocked at the Becton talk. Absolutely dumbfounded. Sure he's a first rounder..... but not at our elevation IMO.

Andrew Thomas is the best tackle in this draft. And his, arm length, and overall athleticism should measure just fine at the combine. And he's done it for 3 straight years!

One quick video that shows feet, mobility, punch, next level transition, edge, grit, and tenacity.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I continue to be shocked at the Becton talk. Absolutely dumbfounded. Sure he's a first rounder..... but not at our elevation IMO.

Andrew Thomas is the best tackle in this draft. And his, arm length, and overall athleticism should measure just fine at the combine. And he's done it for 3 straight years!

One quick video that shows feet, mobility, punch, next level transition, edge, grit, and tenacity.

Dont see it.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

90% of guys think this. Including Miller and Jeremiah.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that for years everyone has been saying "We need to draft more O line" or "We never use high picks on the O line" and we have one year where the O line isn't decimated by injuries and aren't complete trash behind a scheme of hot potato and everyone wants to ignore the best tackle class in years to draft a WR.

If we draft anything other than tackle at #8 this team deserves its misery.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Veldheer was 28 and coming off 32 games in a row starting at LT and doing very well. DJ was a #1 draft pick from the year before.

Massie got 6m/year (top free agent money then). You can blame this on DJ for sucking so bad.

We drafted Humphries right after Veldheer's career year in 2014 (2015 draft).

You must be registered for see images attach

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We drafted Humphries right after Veldheer's career year in 2014 (2015 draft).

You must be registered for see images attach
We drafted Humphries because we panicked after the edge rushers were gone. I'd all but guarantee that either Bud Dupree or Shane Ray were going to be our pick if they weren't snagged right in front of us.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
For me drafting a lineman in the top 10 (better be a LT) is like getting your house treated for termites. Nothing sexy about it but if you don't you'll be sorry.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

@Dr. Jones the next time I see Thomas block like this will be the first time.
@Krangthebrain Those poor nickle coverage players...... Numbers 42, 33, & 11

Meanwhile two different clips in my video are Thomas going one on one with Derrick Brown.

In simpler terms ..... Becton is like Rodney Gunter coming out of college. Thomas is not.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
90% of guys think this. Including Miller and Jeremiah.

I find it absolutely ridiculous that for years everyone has been saying "We need to draft more O line" or "We never use high picks on the O line" and we have one year where the O line isn't decimated by injuries and aren't complete trash behind a scheme of hot potato and everyone wants to ignore the best tackle class in years to draft a WR.

If we draft anything other than tackle at #8 this team deserves its misery.
Can you post the article please? Or good snips of the important content please?

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can you post the article please? Or good snips of the important content please?

Its a often talked about thing in general

https://thejetpress.com/2020/02/04/new-york-jets-todd-mcshay-confirms-crazy-ot-class-2020-nfl-draft/

If you follow a lot of football guys on Twitter its the common opinion.

The top 3-4 guys in this class would likely be OT1 in thier own right in any draft in the last 5 years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
@Krangthebrain Those poor nickle coverage players...... Numbers 42, 33, & 11

Meanwhile two different clips in my video are Thomas going one on one with Derrick Brown.

In simpler terms ..... Becton is like Rodney Gunter coming out of college. Thomas is not.

The next time I see Thomas pancake a player will be the first time. Weak punch. Over extends. Wall blocker who lacks nastiness.

You watch Becton dominated edge rushers against Notre Dame. You watch him pancaking Florida State edge rushers. I watch Thomas look like a really nice left guard.

Rodney Gunter?!?! He played at Louisville. You see him go against Notre Dame, Florida State, and Clemson.

Maybe Thomas played well against Brown...that means he would be a nice guard! You are proving my point :p

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here is your #1 OT in last years draft - Jonah Williams (#11 overall).

4 OT's got taken in rd 1 last year - I personally believe the quality is much better this year.

Where do you think Jonah would rank in this years class?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Here is your #1 OT in last years draft - Jonah Williams (#11 overall).

4 OT's got taken in rd 1 last year - I personally believe the quality is much better this year.

Where do you think Jonah would rank in this years class?

Who knows.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson