All Star Weekend 2020

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like they wanted two Miami winners.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly that gets me a little mad. D-Wade gave Gordon a 9 on the last duck gee wonder why

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they want to continue the dunk contest then they need to revamp the voting. Have 7 judges with 5 of their scores selected at random. That might help stop the peer pressure for all to vote 10 and also cases like Wade voting a low score for the opponent of a Heat player.

That's the easiest way to change it up, IMO. Who knows if it works but this was a travesty. That's why I prefer the skills and 3pt challenge, they can't screw the competitors.

OP
OP
devilalum

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Has anybody ever taken off from behind the foul line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Oofff. Cut the last 5 seconds of both the three point contest and the dunk contest (score reveal) and it would of been a fun night.

JerkFace

Reaction score
If they want to continue the dunk contest then they need to revamp the voting. Have 7 judges with 5 of their scores selected at random. That might help stop the peer pressure for all to vote 10 and also cases like Wade voting a low score for the opponent of a Heat player.

That's the easiest way to change it up, IMO. Who knows if it works but this was a travesty. That's why I prefer the skills and 3pt challenge, they can't screw the competitors.
I would keep it the same until the finals, and in the finals instead of giving scores, each guy dunks and the judges pick the best dunk. Go 2 out of 3 to determine the champion. Not all 50s are equal.

JerkFace

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon is the best dunker who has never won this contest. If he gets robbed again then I doubt he returns. I'm surprised he did this one.

The dunk he did a few years back where he went under both legs and over the mascot was the best dunk contest dunk I've seen. Sometimes certain dunks should give a guy the win. Who cares what else he did, there is no topping that one.

I don’t think I ever saw that. Has to be hands down one of the most unbeatable dunks I’ve ever seen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems if they put a marker at the free throw to enhance visibility a dunk coming from before the free throw line is possible. On those videos it looked like some players had room to spare.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DJJ had no shame claiming that trophy last night. At first I thought he was going to ask Gordon to come up and hoist the trophy up or thank Gordon or some sort of gratitude. But he took it and stood there like he truly won.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This comment from Devin Booker in regard to 3-point trophies shows what a competitor he is and why he should have a great career. He is dedicated to being the best.

“I’m trying to legacy build,” Booker said. “Having two of those would be a much better situation right now, but tomorrow, I have another opportunity to make an impact on my legacy and my career. I’m looking forward to that, too.”

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...er-final-shot-win-3-point-contest/4776749002/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the dunk contest was supposed to end in a tie in the second round.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DJJ had no shame claiming that trophy last night. At first I thought he was going to ask Gordon to come up and hoist the trophy up or thank Gordon or some sort of gratitude. But he took it and stood there like he truly won.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought that. Gordon was robbed, again, and DJJ's attitude made it worse, IMO.

Another reason I didn't think DJJ deserved the win is virtually all of his dunks were the same. There was very little variety between them. If you were to try and explain what he did to someone today, it would be difficult to differentiate each individual dunk. He ran straight at the basket and went under the legs, he ran the baseline and went under the legs, he had it bounced off the side of the backboard and went up the legs, and he did a plain dunk from just inside the foul line.

The free throw attempt was the only real variety and someone does something similar every year. Usually it's done first, which makes sense, because it's not that impressive unless they take off behind the FT line. Compared to other dunks they do, it's almost generic and displays zero creativity.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's not from the NBA dunk contest, but from behind the free throw line nonetheless.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not from the NBA dunk contest, but from behind the free throw line nonetheless.

I'd like to see this kind of dunk at least once in the NBA dunk contest. The crowd would go wild.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Nikola Jokic more after reading this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA