13 Reasons Why (Netflix)

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know how to do spoilers, so if you haven't watched the entire season 1 don't read this.

I understand the is to make money but season two is destined to be stupid.

The tapes are done so Hannah is irrelevant

All the evidence is out there so the school has to lose the suit

Justin is homeless and we don't care about him

Jessica admitted the rape to her dad and she needs therapy, okay

Alex is dead

The gay kid didn't really do anything that bad

Zack is just a typically high school jock

Sheri turned herself in and works with the old people

Tony fessed up to Hannah's parents

The insinuation of the peeper going columbine was better than seeing him do it

And clay has a new girlfriend

They literally resolved everything

Ha ha, your right, the second season was all in the last episode. No need for several shows.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on folks... think about this... a bunch of guys here, probably in their 30s to much older are talking about a teenage suicide show. that means it's hit the zeitgeist.

was no way in hell they'd keep it at 1 season with the discussion it's started amongst peeps.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I dont understand how they can have a season 2. The plot is kinda self contained.

What is somebody else gonna kill themselves? the protagonist is gonna be like Oh boy here we go again! like a looney tunes cartoon.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
come on folks... think about this... a bunch of guys here, probably in their 30s to much older are talking about a teenage suicide show. that means it's hit the zeitgeist.

was no way in hell they'd keep it at 1 season with the discussion it's started amongst peeps.
Brilliant

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I realize it's for money but I can't see any way it doesn't suck awfully.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I gotta tell you, I kept catching myself thinking the same thing, but truth is I actually don't think this is all that far fetched. Bullying, particularly with smart phones now, is very real. And everyone has to have experienced some level of high school popularity and the reverse and rumors and awful peer pressure. I was never aware of rape while in high school but I'm not so naive so as to believe it didn't occur. I could have seen this playing out with some poor high school girl at my high school back in the 80s.

There are kids that commit suicide on an all-too frequent basis, there are the school shootings. These are TERRIBLE tragedies. And no matter the kid, it couldn't be one episode that drove them to such horrific actions. In my opinion only an aggregate of terrible circumstances can lead someone to take their life and leave loved ones heartbroken. Only deep repetitive societal wounds can drive a child to unleash hell on their contemporaries. Thinking about the real life versions of these stories made me a believer that all this could happen to a poor teenage girl. And frankly it gives me a kind of universal heartache.
This is a show I just cant get into.

Art imitating life or life imitating art?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

yeah... but to be fair most of the mufuggas around here are pretty damned soft...

wouldnt say exactly fluffy...well, not EXACTLY.... but I bet lots of these folks can relate to a suicidal emo chick in more ways than you think man.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
yeah... but to be fair most of the mufuggas around here are pretty damned soft...

wouldnt say exactly fluffy...well, not EXACTLY.... but I bet lots of these folks can relate to a suicidal emo chick in more ways than you think man.
Really?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Just wrapped season 2 with the wife last night. The show is unafraid to deal with heavy subject matters, which is why I like the show. There are some minor writing issues I have, but appreciate the willingness to delve into this subject.

I think Derek Luke is a hell of an actor.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't like Season 2 as much as Season 1 (I got through it the first weekend it was released), but it will still keep my attention into next year. It'll be interesting to see how the show evolves from here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just finished season 2. It was better than I expected. The trial was a nice vehicle.

that said a few comments:

Didn’t understand Bryce being at the verdict. It was the school on trial technically. A good lawyer would’ve had him in the courtroom as little as possible. Particularly with the potential of a suit directed at him.

Glad they had clay stop Tyler. This show is trying to be authentic by having the “bad guys” and institutions win at every opportunity - which I suppose is the point - but allowing Tyler to F himself to that degree after that god awful bathroom sequence may have been too much. I mean they walked right up to teeing up school shooing and teenage/rape pregnancy in the same episode. That may have been too much.

Finally, I wasn’t sure where they’d take the show at the end of season 1. Now I’m really confused as to where they can take it. It just becomes a little too much to suspend belief that this socially awkward kid - clay - could possibly bear being the rock for everyone’s issue that pops up. He’s saved Justin, championed Hannah, saved Tyler, tried saving is girlfriend, tried to get Bryce arrested, tried to orchestrate bringing down the baseball team. At some point it just begins to strain credulity.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just wrapped season 2 with the wife last night. The show is unafraid to deal with heavy subject matters, which is why I like the show. There are some minor writing issues I have, but appreciate the willingness to delve into this subject.

I think Derek Luke is a hell of an actor.

Yeah, he was one of the highlights of season 2.

The last few episodes really let me down. Seemed like they were throwing every possible horrible teenage situations at one of the characters.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Season 3 is a nice and much needed change of direction. Took me awhile to get through it, but thought it was well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Sometimes not typing is the best course of action.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Season 3 is a nice and much needed change of direction. Took me awhile to get through it, but thought it was well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm working my way through season 3. It's a guilty pleasure at this point I guess. This season is much better than season 2. I like the way they slowly unveil what happened. I'm a sucker for mysteries. The new girl is a great addition as well.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching season 4?

I'm not watching season four, but I want to sincerely thank you for bumping this thread so that I could re-watch the Cyberbully clip on page one again. :thumbup: Possibly Bodha's biggest contribution to the board during his stint here.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm not watching season four, but I want to sincerely thank you for bumping this thread so that I could re-watch the Cyberbully clip on page one again. :thumbup: Possibly Bodha's biggest contribution to the board during his stint here.

Ha! I originally missed that clip. Definitely worth the watch.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave