Michael Bidwill Talks Steve Keim, Hard Knocks And International Games

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
In defense of Keims record post Carson, they’ve had 2 rookie QBs and Sam Bradford at QB. No team is going to have an impressive record under those circumstances.

The single biggest downfall for the Cards was not working things out with Arians. They’d probably be in the playoff picture every year with him. He’s a top 5 coach in the league. Going from him to Wilks to Kk is the definition of going from the penthouse to the outhouse.
Whose fault was that for not being prepared for Carson’s retirement?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is legit Michael's best friend

Again if a federal prosecutor didn't fire you after you committed an actual crime...

You can't get fired.
I've been saying that on this board as long as the "fire Keim" talk has been here. They're best buddies & MB defends his every word & move. Interviews, press conferences, the war room etc etc.......he has his back. All you have to do is listen to him & it becomes clear.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Belichick definitely.

I can see an argument for Payton, Carroll, Reid, Tomlin, Pederson

but I’m taking Arians over Reid, Pederson, and Tomlin. He’s won in Indy and Arizona not exactly franchises like Pitt, Philly and KC.

You are the only person in the world who would take Arians over Tomlin, Reid and Pederson then.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Yep. I lambasted him for several years for completely ignoring the QB position moving forward. "Oh, but Arians wanted..." Ah buh buh NO. If you're the GM of the team and the coach is telling you to ignore the future, you freaking override the coach. That's your JOB. And he's not very good at it. Having a meddling owner that chooses friendship over the team will only drag us down further. Hopefully Keim can do better, but all evidence to the contrary.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Belichick definitely.

but I’m taking Arians over Reid, Pederson, and Tomlin. He’s won in Indy and Arizona not exactly franchises like Pitt, Philly and KC.
Every single one of those coaches have Super Bowl titles under their belts.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I don't agree with MB. I don't want more regular season games and am happy at 16.

What a joke. This has nothing to do with the fans, and everything to do with making the owners more money. Watching this team play 16 times a regular season is plenty, thank you. Put a winning team on the field before you say we want to watch more. And how does another game not create additional health risks for the players? That's just plain dumb.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd put good money on the Cards being on Hard Knocks this year.

The Cards have never done it. We have the OROTY. We have an intriguing HC thats different than your average NFL coach and players like P2 and CJ. Bidwill has already said he wouldn't turn it down, he craves any national publicity for the franchise.

Odds on favorite I'd say.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd put good money on the Cards being on Hard Knocks this year.

The Cards have never done it. We have the OROTY. We have an intriguing HC thats different than your average NFL coach and players like P2 and CJ. Bidwill has already said he wouldn't turn it down, he craves any national publicity for the franchise.

Odds on favorite I'd say.

I'd love it. I know some fans wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole, but I think it would be great for the team as a whole. We are a franchise that could use some national spotlight. Everyone talks about it being a distraction, but IMO these guys are being filmed constantly. Its a couple more interviews...if they are "distracted" by having cameras on them in the preseason they might be in the wrong business.

The only distraction happens if the Hard Knocks cameras show a team that is already dysfunctional and run by buffoons....and it becomes even more clear. They don't create situations out of nothing...those situations already exist.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That's a great question. Him and Arians leaving with seemingly no contingency plan in place set the franchise on it's ear. I think they saw Palmer's retirement coming but not Arians. I'm guessing, Keim's plan was to have Arians be there to mentor the new QB.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Every single one of those coaches have Super Bowl titles under their belts.
Barry Switzer and Gary Kubiak have SB titles too. How many years did it take Reid? I remember people not wanting Reid when he was rumored the next Cardinals coach, now he's top 5???????

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Belichick definitely.

IMO, Belichick and Reid are head-and-shoulders the best coaches of this generation.

I'd put Harbaugh, Arians, Sean Payton, and Pete Carroll on the next tier.

Then Tomlin (who has maybe the league's best infrastructure around him), Pederson (one-year wonder + great infrastructure), and maybe Ron Rivera (underrated!).

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO, Belichick and Reid are head-and-shoulders the best coaches of this generation.

I'd put Harbaugh, Arians, Sean Payton, and Pete Carroll on the next tier.

Then Tomlin (who has maybe the league's best infrastructure around him), Pederson (one-year wonder + great infrastructure), and maybe Ron Rivera (underrated!).
What makes Arians a better coach than Shanny & McVay? Longevity I guess?

One year wonder or not, Pederson still has a much better case of being above Arians than the other way around.

How is the conservative captain in Rivera underrated?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s really not a single case you can put Arians over Pederson & I still like Arians a lot.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barry Switzer and Gary Kubiak have SB titles too. How many years did it take Reid? I remember people not wanting Reid when he was rumored the next Cardinals coach, now he's top 5???????

We'd be a much better program right now had we lured Reid to the Cardinals years ago, IMHO.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
What makes Arians a better coach than Shanny & McVay? Longevity I guess?

One year wonder or not, Pederson still has a much better case of being above Arians than the other way around.

How is the conservative captain in Rivera underrated?
Arians has taken rosters in complete disarray to major wins and success. He navigated the potential disaster that was Pagano’s cancer in Indy, then came here, won immediately with a cobbled together roster, and won coach of the year again with us, navigating through major health issues at key positions.

You’re just obsessed with “young and innovative” no matter what.

Shanahan and McVay have had extremely talented rosters to work with. When injury and “next man up” happened to Shanny, his team got the #2 overall pick. Arians coached teams of similar talent into 8-8 teams.

McVay is quickly losing his luster.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You are the only person in the world who would take Arians over Tomlin, Reid and Pederson then.

I would take the Walrus, my bad I mean Reid over those guys with Tomlin as maybe my second choice. The thing though about coaches is like players some learn and get better, a lot better. Now some have a outward ego which masks that and some have a humble demeanor which might suggest that. Belichick and Carroll though out their tenure as coaches have learned and gotten better and better. Arians is a great coach if one considers the coaching carousel which shows you how limited success is in this league. Arians is stubborn and really does not innovate past his system, meaning for me if he was a player he would have a high floor but low ceiling. Kingsbury is young as a coach, so really we do not know what his reading for the future is since a guy obviously can coach a lot longer than a player has to get better which always corresponds to their awareness to do what is right and change accordingly

I get the Kingsbury hire under these observations. They want a guy who has shown to be innovative, but most of all who has shown the ability to develop a QB and we need to be able to retain his tutelage long enough to possibly get him with a young QB into year three. I think if a young QB with a lot of talent can last long enough, providing he learns from his mistakes and gets better, he can become a good QB with longevity but he needs to stay within a system and the right coach to weather the storm. They pegged Kliff as the head coach, so nobody can claim him if he was just the OC. I think this is more about having a coach to secure the importance of entrenching a rookie QB as your long term starter, before his ability as a complete head coach. They thought he could do that with Rosen, but when they saw Murray and the relating styles, they hedged their bets to achieve this objective and drafted him

Maybe KK can learn and be a great coach, but I think what the Cardinals really want is to make sure they have a franchise QB and if Murray survives into year three... that experience as a pro and confidence can then be regulated to another coach and he will be just fine under another scheme which a new coach might bring

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Bill Belichick
Andy Reid
Sean Payton
John Harbaugh

Clearly above

Pete Carroll
Kyle Shanahan
Sean McVay
Doug Pederson
Mike Tomlin
Bruce Arians

All debatable.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Belichick
Andy Reid
Sean Payton
John Harbaugh

Clearly above

Pete Carroll
Kyle Shanahan
Sean McVay
Doug Pederson
Mike Tomlin
Bruce Arians

All debatable.

Pete Carroll averages 10 wins a year with some below average rosters. He's a top 5 HC coach for sure.

Also BA has been a HC for what? 6.5 years total? Some of these guys have been top of thier game for close to 20 years.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians has taken rosters in complete disarray to major wins and success. He navigated the potential disaster that was Pagano’s cancer in Indy, then came here, won immediately with a cobbled together roster, and won coach of the year again with us, navigating through major health issues at key positions.

You’re just obsessed with “young and innovative” no matter what.

Shanahan and McVay have had extremely talented rosters to work with. When injury and “next man up” happened to Shanny, his team got the #2 overall pick. Arians coached teams of similar talent into 8-8 teams.

McVay is quickly losing his luster.
McVay & Arians took over rosters whose teams finished with the same exact record the season beforehand. Spare me that mess. Hell, it’s arguable that Arians inherited a better roster than McVay.

Shanny took over a roster who lacked a lot of talent in a lot of places when he first took the job. Even more so than when Kliff took over. Two years later, he had his team in a SB.

I’m obsessed with adaptability. Something Arians lacked & showed cracks in the early part of 2016 only to be fully opened by the end of the season. I like Arians. I think he’s a solid coach. I hope he has success with Tampa as long as it doesn’t hurt us. This board needs to stop acting like he was Don Shula here. We won 1 playoff game with him.

Only reason McVay is “losing his luster” is because he is handicapped by his mediocre QB. Same with Shanny & his QB. It was evident then, but it was truly obvious by both of their SB performances. Palmer is better than both of these guys.

Arians belongs in that Vrabel-McDermott tier.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Michael Bidwill have a son?

Those closest to him likely know, but this is what the Internet shows:

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm guessing you're concerned with who takes over leadership in the family after Michael? (Sounds like we're discussing a mafia family rather than a sports franchise's ownership, eh?)

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Those closest to him likely know, but this is what the Internet shows:

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm guessing you're concerned with who takes over leadership in the family after Michael? (Sounds like we're discussing a mafia family rather than a sports franchise's ownership, eh?)

Just thinking about future generations of supporters

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave