NHL legend Jeremy Roenick out at NBC Sports after sexually suggestive comments about coworkers

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NHL legend Jeremy Roenick out at NBC Sports after sexually suggestive comments about coworkers

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/jeremy...sexually-suggestive-comments-about-coworkers/

Jeremy Roenick will not be returning to NBC Sports after his suspension for making inappropriate comments about coworkers. A network spokesman confirmed to The Associated Press on Wednesday that Roenick will not be back on the air.

NBC Sports suspended Roenick indefinitely without pay in late December after he made series of questionable remarks about fellow hockey broadcasters Kathryn Tappen, Patrick Sharp and Anson Carter during a recent appearance on the Spittin' Chiclets podcast.

On the podcast, Roenick discussed a vacation to Portugal with his wife and Tappen where he made repeated references to the NBC Sports anchor's appearance and joked about the possibility of the three of them having sex together. Later in the interview, Roenick called Sharp "so beautiful" and said: "I'd have to think about it if he asked me. ... I wouldn't say no right away" and then seemed to contrast Sharp's appearance with his and Carter's.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Justified? What do you think?

Definitely off color, but if that's a fireable offense, how many of us would be unemployed? You ever say someone at work was hot?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was pretty upset on Twitter. He even called not being brought back a “joke.”

Crazy. He was so "apologetic" when the suspension happened and he said he was going to focus on other people's feelings, etc. but as soon as they move on from him he calls it a "joke." Kinda shows he really didn't take it very seriously all along.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Justified? What do you think?

Definitely off color, but if that's a fire-able offense, how many of us would be unemployed? You ever say someone at work was hot?

If he only said "She's hot." we wouldn't be discussing this. LOL

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suspended Roenick:

"I want to take this opportunity to apologize to NBC Sports, Kathryn Tappen, Patrick Sharp [and] Anson Carter for some insensitive comments that I made on a recent podcast. I never meant to offend anyone and I definitely went too far and for that, I deeply regret it. I've always tried to act professional; I've always tried to entertain and this time I went too far and I will make sure in the future that I am mindful of people's feelings, the sensitivities of my coworkers and all of you, my loving fans."

Fired Roenick:

"What a joke!"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave