49 best FA PFF

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the Cardinals DON'T go after a safety. I think they are probably happy with what they have, and it's actually a fairly decent position for the Cardinals.

Baker and the Thompson twins are young and cheap. The defense does lack a true centerfielder, but I bet they think that one of the trio can get it done.

Maybe the team takes a day 3 guy with the traits to be good.

On the Big Red Rage or Cards Underground, they were talking pretty openly about turning Deionte Thompson (?) into a Dollar Backer like Deone Bucannon.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
On the Big Red Rage or Cards Underground, they were talking pretty openly about turning Deionte Thompson (?) into a Dollar Backer like Deone Bucannon.
At this point...whatever. Do what you can to make players impactful in a positive way.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Dear God. Thompson is 6'1" and 195lb.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll have a number 2, with a number 9 and a side of number 8. Oh and I'm not done with #45. Pay, ah I forgot my wallet.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I was going to mention this too.

I would sign Sean Lee. He's a great player and while health has been as issue I'd take the risk on a value 1 year deal so we can free up money for other needs.

Possibly draft a rookie to learn from him too.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have to protect Murray. I’d Tag DJ for a year let him prove he can stay healthy.

You understand he likely sits out preseason and perhaps longer on the tag. That is the way the tag is trending these days.

Assuming he doesn't do the above and stays healthy, then what? Still a free agent and I am betting the tag goes away in the new CBA.

You either sign long tell and hope for the best or you move on and hope for the best.

Personally, Drake is more tag material than DJ and I don't want to tag Drake either.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You understand he likely sits out preseason and perhaps longer on the tag. That is the way the tag is trending these days.

Assuming he doesn't do the above and stays healthy, then what? Still a free agent and I am betting the tag goes away in the new CBA.

You either sign long tell and hope for the best or you move on and hope for the best.

Personally, Drake is more tag material than DJ and I don't want to tag Drake either.

Well, if he doesn't sign the tender, then you can always rescind the tag and go after Conklin and then draft someone. If he signs the tender, then he has to come to the offseason work.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the Athletic's take on the top 100 free agents:

32. D.J. Humphries, OT, Cardinals (26)

Humphries is one of the few available starting-caliber left tackle options under the age of 30, and so he’s one of the players who should really benefit from the market. The good news is he’s only 26, improved in pass protection and didn’t miss a snap last season. The bad news is he was whistled for 13 penalties, and 2019 was the first time in his career he started all 16 games. Humphries has upside but is far from a sure thing.

FWIW: Kenyan Drake is listed at 74

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Sign the best player willing to play for the Cardinals. That's not always easy these days.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the Athletic's take on the top 100 free agents:

32. D.J. Humphries, OT, Cardinals (26)

Humphries is one of the few available starting-caliber left tackle options under the age of 30, and so he’s one of the players who should really benefit from the market. The good news is he’s only 26, improved in pass protection and didn’t miss a snap last season. The bad news is he was whistled for 13 penalties, and 2019 was the first time in his career he started all 16 games. Humphries has upside but is far from a sure thing.

FWIW: Kenyan Drake is listed at 74

When you're the only "starting caliber left tackle under the age of 30" in a market starved of good players at a premium position and your still only 32nd.

Before anyone says but this or but that. Trent Brown was #6 in the Athletics list of top FA's last year. Roger Saffold at Guard was #12, Daryl Williams was #24, Ju'Wuan James was #30.

Which is spot on really because Hump is the LT version of Ju'Wuan James.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When you're the only "starting caliber left tackle under the age of 30" in a market starved of good players at a premium position and your still only 32nd.

Before anyone says but this or but that. Trent Brown was #6 in the Athletics list of top FA's last year. Roger Saffold at Guard was #12, Daryl Williams was #24, Ju'Wuan James was #30.

Which is spot on really because Hump is the LT version of Ju'Wuan James.

You must be registered for see images attach

So?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
So thats exactly what the league thinks of him. Nobody thinks he is very good. He's certainly not worth the $14-16m a year being put about.
I believe he should be franchised...... But sometimes in life..... you have to swallow hard as to not fall even further behind.

2 to 3 years from now, 15mm will be underpaid at that position.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I believe he should be franchised...... But sometimes in life..... you have to swallow hard as to not fall even further behind.

2 to 3 years from now, 15mm will be underpaid at that position.

Disagree.

You have to make good investments. So far DJ has been a bust (partially due to injury) and his outlook is 50/50 at best.

15m in 2 to 3 years is still going to be highly paid. If he busts out/gets injured it will be a disaster.

2015 - Trent Williams got 13.6m (today he is still the 6th highest paid LT avg/year)
2016 - Terron Armstead got 13m (today he is still the 8th highest)
2017 - Russell Okung got 13.2 (today he is the 7th highest)
2018 - Taylor Lewan got 16m (#1).

BTW - those 4 guys have made 14 total pro bowls.

Paying DJ 15m will make him top 3 today and still top 10 in 3-4 years. Zero pro bowls in 5 years.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave