OT: Tua declares for draft

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is wrong on so many levels, look, relook what the value of the #8 pick is, than evaluate what Evans would be worth if other top WR were only worth a top #20 pick and than resess your trade. But please, don't forget that only Herbert is a somewhat typical BA QB and that Herbert is going higher than Tua and will not be there at #8

Mike Evans would be worth 2 firsts. He is a top 3 WR in the NFL, 26 years old, and under contract for 4 years.

Moving from 14 to 8 is probably worth a first, 3rd, and 1st next year.

Patrick Peterson is worth a 2nd with only 1 year left on his deal.

David Johnson is a wash, and would cost us a pick, or taking on some salary just to get rid of him.

So in terms of picks

We get 3 firsts and a 3rd

We give a 1st and a 2nd

I know it's not that easy to quantify, but I think we come out ahead in this deal. We could always ask for OJ Howard or Vita Vea as well!!

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andrew Groover (@APGroover)
1/30/20, 9:04 AM
Tua on the combine: “I’m going to go over there looking to win my medical and then go in and interview with the teams. That’s pretty much what I’m going to do. And then hopefully there’s a Pro Day down the line, either late March or early April.”

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Andrew Groover (@APGroover)
1/30/20, 9:09 AM
Tua on Nick Saban’s draft advice
“He said make business decisions -- what’s going to be best for you and your family. Don’t make any emotional decisions. So that’s what we did.”

bennyperrin23

Veteran
Reaction score
Pipe dreams but did a mock tonight and tua was there at 8. Trade back with patriots at 23 and pick up a haul of picks. This year and next. Patriots have 110 million in salary coming off the books in dead money and free agents. I could see them giving up draft capital to get their qb.