XFL kicks off this weekend 2/08/2020

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IMO the XFL did a great job creating a product that is very clearly football but still a unique product. It isn't NFL and it isn't college football but it is entertaining and the transparency of the entire game day is really interesting. If the game play improves in week 2 like it normal does in the NFL this could end up being not only fun but actually viable.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A friend of mine was at the game in Houston yesterday, and inadvertently got a pic of the vomit (large image):

You must be registered for see images attach
Watched that on TV live...haha Dude still ran his route...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
I watched a good amount of each game, and enjoyed each. Rule changes I really liked:
1. Kick off and punt rules, including kicks must be in play field and where they mark the ball if not.
2. Love the way they keep time, the 25 second clock, it all makes sense and makes the game much faster and more enjoyable. It gets rid of that ridiculous lining up, then looking over to bench, then relining up, wasting 20 seconds before each snap. That amounts to dozens of plays that could have been run and aren't in the nfl.
3. Like the extra points and doing away with the nfl's monotonous extra pt kicks which are totally absurd. Having a choice of how many points you can go for, makes more games exciting till the end where even 9 points down is only 1 score a down.
4. Really like the decisiveness and speed of the replay system.

It seems in general, they looked at all the things that make no sense in the NFL any longer, and are kept in just because of tradition. They seem to have modernized the game for the 21st century. Hurray! I loved the changes.

Paso Fino

Veteran
Reaction score
The AZ Republic does not say one word about the XFL (except burying it in the tv listings). I would be very surprised if some of the players do not wind up playing in the NFL this season.Some of the receivers were awesome. One would think the press could write about which players look particularly good and what their future might be. It also would be interesting to know the history of various players. We were told that some have played in the NFL, some have had injury problems and some have had off the field problems. All in all, I think the people who produced the XFL games did a masterful job. Not only was the play better than many (myself included) expected, but the production was excellent, whether it was the color of the uniforms or the television scenes.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The AZ Republic does not say one word about the XFL (except burying it in the tv listings). I would be very surprised if some of the players do not wind up playing in the NFL this season.Some of the receivers were awesome. One would think the press could write about which players look particularly good and what their future might be. It also would be interesting to know the history of various players. We were told that some have played in the NFL, some have had injury problems and some have had off the field problems. All in all, I think the people who produced the XFL games did a masterful job. Not only was the play better than many (myself included) expected, but the production was excellent, whether it was the color of the uniforms or the television scenes.
Sammy Coates had a few really nice catches...I hope he can show he's healthy and viable, after flaming out as a 3rd rounder in Pittsburgh.

He's only 26 and is aggressive going after the ball.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oliver Luck explained why Colin Kaepernick is not on an XFL roster.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-why-former-49ers-quarterback-isnt-in-league/

"
The XFL gave Colin Kaepernick an opportunity to join the reincarnation of Vince McMahon's league. At the end of the day, Kaepernick's salary requirements were too high for the league to give him a commitment.

XFL commissioner Oliver Luck explained to National Public Radio why Kaepernick wasn't playing in the league on its opening weekend, as the league wanted him to star in the reboot of XFL 2.0.

"We gave it some thought," Luck said to NPR, via NBC Sports Bay Area. "We have some pretty significant salary restrictions, you know. We're a start-up league, so we want to make sure that we can be fiscally responsible and fiscally prudent. And the, you know, salary requirements that some folks, you know, shared with us were in our case exorbitant, so we, you know, couldn't go down that path."

"We spoke with his representative, and the salary requirements that were broached in that conversation were exorbitant and certainly out of our range."

Wanted $20 million

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to hope that passing games improve. I'm not sure if 3 of your 8 starting QBs looking like starting QBs is substantialable. Landry Jones may help coming back next week, but that's still half.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA