Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m liking the core of Booker, Ayton, Oubre and Bridges. Booker is already great and I think Ayton can get there. Oubre and Bridges can be great complimentary players on a winning team.

I’m torn on Rubio. I like a lot of the stuff he does from a play making and leadership standpoint, but I feel like having a PG who can shoot is one of the key missing pieces for us to win consistently. Doesn’t have to be a scorer, just needs to keep the D honest.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m liking the core of Booker, Ayton, Oubre and Bridges. Booker is already great and I think Ayton can get there. Oubre and Bridges can be great complimentary players on a winning team.

I’m torn on Rubio. I like a lot of the stuff he does from a play making and leadership standpoint, but I feel like having a PG who can shoot is one of the key missing pieces for us to win consistently. Doesn’t have to be a scorer, just needs to keep the D honest.

Too bad the Suns couldn't have signed Brogdon but as I understand it, the Suns were pleased to get Rubio as options evaporated.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And a new training staff. Jebus.

From what I can remember of when the new staff was announced they had no experience with NBA teams or players and were trying a new approach of sorts. I could be wrong but I remember something a little odd about it in that it was supposed to be a new approach to treating players. It clearly hasn't worked for the better. I have never seen anything like it with a team so young. I think there is also a lot of caution being displayed for some reason where players are sitting for injuries they typically play through.

I'll need to look for some info about who was hired from the offseason but I do remember the inexperience but didn't think it would be the issue it's been.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
From what I can remember of when the new staff was announced they had no experience with NBA teams or players and were trying a new approach of sorts. I could be wrong but I remember something a little odd about it in that it was supposed to be a new approach to treating players. It clearly hasn't worked for the better. I have never seen anything like it with a team so young. I think there is also a lot of caution being displayed for some reason where players are sitting for injuries they typically play through.

I'll need to look for some info about who was hired from the offseason but I do remember the inexperience but didn't think it would be the issue it's been.

I don't remember where I heard this, but it was one of the Suns podcasts. They were supposed to partner with someone and have a huge team of physicians, but that ended up falling through and they just had to go with plan B and hire some random people. Again, I have no idea if it's true or not, and I can't remember exactly which podcast it was, but I do remember it being brought up very recently (as in the last two weeks or so).

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember where I heard this, but it was one of the Suns podcasts. They were supposed to partner with someone and have a huge team of physicians, but that ended up falling through and they just had to go with plan B and hire some random people. Again, I have no idea if it's true or not, and I can't remember exactly which podcast it was, but I do remember it being brought up very recently (as in the last two weeks or so).

I remember hearing or reading about that also.

It seems Mainstreet found a good piece that's posted right below your comment with who is here though and details all of those involved, I'm not surprised there has been so many players missing time given the size of the staff. I think it's a case of too many cooks in the kitchen.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wonder if their sneakers have anything to do with it.

'No reason to think that except for the coincidences.
I wonder if Sarver is cutting corners and buying the guys cheap, generic Payless brand Nikes.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-nba-1st-round-draft-picks-so-far-this-season

Nice write up on Cam Johnson. Thought the B grade was pretty fair.

I didn't read much but pretty much all got a B or higher except for a coupe of C's, so i'm not sure what to take away from this.

Zion with an A??? Injured because of flags/concerns that were already raised. Aside from using his athleticism (which got also led to his injury) he's done nothing much else from further out.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Was Monty in Philly when this kid was there? Maybe he knows something. ie Work ethic, intangibles? He has played some backup PG as well. Could be a replacement for Dario.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA