Rockets @ Suns Friday game thread 2-7-20

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad to see the defensive intensity back tonight, the Rockets were having a horrible time dribbling the ball and passing. Very active game by Oubre, Rubio and Bridges on D. Ayton had a few really nice blocks also.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
LOL some people just can't enjoy a quality win and seem to get even more agro when others do.

I agree about Ayton too, no telling where we'd be without the suspension.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
LOL some people just can't enjoy a quality win and seem to get even more agro when others do.

I agree about Ayton too, no telling where we'd be without the suspension.

Quality yes, but also lucky and unsustainable.

No team can count on both being this hot from outside and the opponent not being able to hit the broad side of a barn night in and night out.

Barring a similarly miraculous set of circumstances, expect the Suns to come crashing back down to earth tomorrow...hard.

That being said, I am encouraged by Booker's effort tonight in terms of longer term prospects.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I hope the Suns don't let this go to their head for tomorrow's game.

We were playing a team on a back-to-back who arrived early in the
morning and whose starting Center was PJ Tucker.

Still, it was sure a great game to watch!

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also Westbrook was out and Gordon left after only playing 9 minutes. Still a sweet win.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Also Westbrook was out and Gordon left after only playing 9 minutes. Still a sweet win.
And Oubre had extra motivation. It was his bobblehead night.

EJ sure wanted to see him reach 40 points.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Ayton being out 25 games really hurt us. I think we’d be in at least the 8th spot right now had he not been an idiot.

I don’t remember Ouchie’s count but there were several losses because we didn’t have Ayton.
I came up with a conservative 7 games that I’m pretty sure would’ve been wins. It would’ve placed us squarely in the eight slot comp with Memphis.

Last edited:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Why would they let it go to their head? It's not like the vast majority of this board is doing the same. Oh, wait...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Oubre had extra motivation. It was his bobblehead night.

EJ sure wanted to see him reach 40 points.

That bobble head of Oubre was right on target.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Here's the recap. Interesting! Diallo had 14 points and 8 boards in 24 minutes. Ayton had 12 points and 6 boards in 23 minutes.
His 6 rebounds were fifth best on the team.

And Diallo led with 3 blocks. Oubre and Ayton each had 2. Is it not fair to say that Ayton should have had a monster game, with
the Rockets playing without a Center? Maybe not score 100 like Wilt vs. the Knicks without a Center in Hershey, PA, but . . .

Oubre and Booker led the team with 9 rebounds. And in scoring with 39 and 33. Rubio had double digit assists for the second
game in a row. Every Sun had a "+" and 3 reserves played over 24 minutes with a back-to-back coming up tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

\

Last edited:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's the recap. Interesting! Diallo had 14 points and 8 boards in 24 minutes. Ayton had 12 points and 6 boards in 23 minutes.
His 6 rebounds were fifth best on the team.

And Diallo led with 3 blocks. Oubre and Ayton each had 2. Is it not fair to say that Ayton should have had a monster game, with
the Rockets playing without a Center?

Oubre and Booker led the team with 9 rebounds. And in scoring with 39 and 33. Rubio had double digit assists for the second
game in a row. Every Sun had a "+".

You must be registered for see images attach

\

Diallo it was mostly garbage time, and the Rockets were collapsing on Ayton in the paint as best they could at it was leaving everyone wide open. We absolutely dominated them on the glass and the Rockets throwing so many bodies at Ayton had a lot to do with it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Diallo it was mostly garbage time, and the Rockets were collapsing on Ayton in the paint as best they could at it was leaving everyone wide open. We absolutely dominated them on the glass and the Rockets throwing so many bodies at Ayton had a lot to do with it.
And therein lies the importance of Ayton being dominant inside. If he creates that gravity our shooters have to make them pay.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And therein lies the importance of Ayton being dominant inside. If he creates that gravity our shooters have to make them pay.

Then we need to do better than Cam Johnson and Dario Saric in that department.

And we still need defense, rim protection and rebounding from the power forward spot.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Then we need to do better than Cam Johnson and Dario Saric in that department.

And we still need defense, rim protection and rebounding from the power forward spot.

Really, have you ever had a positive comment about the suns at all? Every post I read from you is negative this negative that, even with this blow out. Wow!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Really, have you ever had a positive comment about the suns at all? Every post I read from you is negative this negative that, even with this blow out. Wow!

I want to see sustainable success, or at least relevance and competitiveness. Tonight's result notwithstanding, these Suns are not built for that, and management is showing no inclination to do anything to make that so.

Settle for the scraps that are the occasional lucky showing, if you want, but having followed this team for 45 years, I expect more. Much more.

I am not fooled by tonight's showing the way so many on this board seem to be.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
24 minutes is garbage time? 'Glad Monty didn't treat it that way. We bamboozled the Rockets in three out of the four quarters.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
24 minutes is garbage time? 'Glad Monty didn't treat it that way. We bamboozled the Rockets in three out of the four quarters.

With the way the lead was, it was largely garbage time. Garbage time can be an entire half if there is a 20+ point lead.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
With the way the lead was, it was largely garbage time. Garbage time can be an entire half if there is a 20+ point lead.
A 20-point lead at the end of the 1st quarter became a 10-point lead at the half. Both teams had runs.

And, at one point, it was even less. We love our Suns, but nothing is a given. Even Eddie said so.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why would they let it go to their head? It's not like the vast majority of this board is doing the same. Oh, wait...

lol, I missed this gem from the king of knee jerk reactions.
I want to see sustainable success, or at least relevance and competitiveness. Tonight's result notwithstanding, these Suns are not built for that, and management is showing no inclination to do anything to make that so.

Settle for the scraps that are the occasional lucky showing, if you want, but having followed this team for 45 years, I expect more. Much more.

I am not fooled by tonight's showing the way so many on this board seem to be.
No one is acting like this is a destiny altering win. You’re just mad that people are getting even an ounce of enjoyment.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
36 point win over a high-seed playoff team and we’re trashing players. We’re scarred individuals.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If anyone disagrees with this banning or the length please PM me. I do read them and it does impact my decisions

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson