Rockets @ Suns Friday game thread 2-7-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns begin a two game home with back-to-back games against the Rockets on Friday and Nuggets on Saturday.

Rockets (32-18) have won two games in a row and play at the Lakers tonight.

Suns (20-31) have lost four games in a row.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 7 p.m. MST (Arizona time)

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ty Jerome and Cam Johnson are doubtful. Four other players remain out.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Ty Jerome (calf) and Cam Johnson (quad) have been “upgraded” to doubtful to play tomorrow vs. Houston. Dario Saric (ankle), Tyler Johnson (knee), Aron Baynes (hip) and Frank Kaminsky (knee) are all still out. #Suns

3:09 PM - 6 Feb 2020

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go suns hope they least play competitive

Just hoping to see good gms fron ayton and Booker now since playoffs hopes are way gone lol

Hope suns can atleast maybe get close to .500 by season end....

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Go suns hope they least play competitive

Just hoping to see good gms fron ayton and Booker now since playoffs hopes are way gone lol

Hope suns can atleast maybe get close to .500 by season end....

I wouldn't count on any of that. In fact for these two games, I am very much expecting what we saw at the beginning of the 2017-18 season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard to see the Suns slowing down the Rockets on defense when the Lakers couldn't do it.

These next few games will tell where the Suns are mentally.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
With the small ball that Houston is playing, if Ayton doesn't score at least 30 points I may decide to take a little break from watching Suns games.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
With the small ball that Houston is playing, if Ayton doesn't score at least 30 points I may decide to take a little break from watching Suns games.

Why watch, anyway? Management has already given up on both the season and the future.

This franchise is officially dead.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Why watch, anyway? Management has already given up on both the season and the future.

This franchise is officially dead.
If that is your thought process then why are you even still posting on this forum? Why not just go away?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If that is your thought process then why are you even still posting on this forum? Why not just go away?

Because others need to be convinced of the same, rather than just continuing to put money in Sarver's pocket for no reason.

JerkFace

Reaction score
Because others need to be convinced of the same, rather than just continuing to put money in Sarver's pocket for no reason.
So by your own words, your main reason for posting here is to discredit the Suns and try to get others to no longer be fans?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
So by your own words, your main reason for posting here is to discredit the Suns and try to get others to no longer be fans?
The Suns are doing a pretty good job of that on their own.

Several posters here have said they might stop watching games.

A pattern has been established. The opponents, no matter who
they are, take it easy and play down to our level until the latter
stages of the 4th quarter, then turn it on and put us away.

It's masochistic to keep coming back for more. 'Reminds me of
the old joke. What's the worst thing you can say to a masochist
who says, "Hurt me, please." PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE. "No!"

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Solely at this stage, yes, and only to save the city and possibly the franchise by forcing Sarver out.

Until yesterday I had hope that management cared enough to try to make this franchise respectable again, and I was here to opine, vent, speculate, etc. as to the steps that needed to be taken and that I hoped would be taken to do so.

With yesterday's events, that hope is long gone.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Suns are doing a pretty good job of that on their own.

Several posters here have said they might stop watching games.

A pattern has been established. The opponents, no matter who
they are, take it easy and play down to our level until the latter
stages of the 4th quarter, then turn it on and put us away.

It's masochistic to keep coming back for more. 'Reminds me of
the old joke. What's the worst thing you can say to a masochist
who says, "Hurt me, please." PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE. "No!"
Then don't. It's that simple.

Making your goal to discredit the Suns for the fans on this board is the very definition of trolling. It won't help. These are diehards and you will NEVER convince us to abandon the team. Even those people that won't watch the Suns won't stop being fans, let alone stop being fans because 1Sun says we should.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

Making your goal to discredit the Suns for the fans on this board is the very definition of trolling. It won't help. These are diehards and you will NEVER convince us to abandon the team. Even those people that won't watch the Suns won't stop being fans, let alone stop being fans because 1Sun says we should.
And I am still in that category. But it is stressful.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Not stop being fans. Stop providing financial support until the cancerous owner is gone...BECAUSE we are fans.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So just finished listening to Monty.

Somehow he always makes me feel so much better. He really seems to be perfectly fine with the way things are going. He is concentrating on developing our players and culture, not on anything else and he thinks it's going well.

I just wish we had a few more good players to develop.

It sure is sounding like people were calling about trading for our players - Kelly and probably Mikal, not that we were looking to trade them.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So just finished listening to Monty.

Somehow he always makes me feel so much better. He really seems to be perfectly fine with the way things are going. He is concentrating on developing our players and culture, not on anything else and he thinks it's going well.

I just wish we had a few more good players to develop.

This is where I'm at. I think the quick start raised expectations, and I'm still not sure why we started off so well. However I think how we are playing now is closer to what I should have expected.
We were danged near the worst team in the league for the last two years, if not the worst. We are playing better and I can see a light at the end of the tunnel. One more off season of adding pieces and gelling with the coach, and I think we can fight for the playoffs next year.
I don't even want to make the playoffs this year, I'd decline the event if we made it. We'd just get roasted by the Flakers and possibly destroy our confidence. That's the downfall I think the AD Pelicans took a couple years ago when the Warriors wiped them out.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair the Suns sometimes play decent against the good teams. Its just the teams with similar or worse records that kick our butts.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To me, this Suns team has been a bit traumatized. They have had consistent injury or suspension issues all year. The death of Kobe hit Book hard. There was a connect there that was much greater than most people realize. Then the All-star snub really hit hard. After that, they have all but eliminated from playoff contention. This team is reeling.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm with you..I joined this forum a season ago with real hopes the Suns #1 pick might help change the direction
of this team. Ayton dripping with ability yet used about the same way as he was in the Kokoskov offense.

Still rooting for the Suns. Lets Go Boys!

JerkFace

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To me, this Suns team has been a bit traumatized. They have had consistent injury or suspension issues all year. The death of Kobe hit Book hard. There was a connect there that was much greater than most people realize. Then the All-star snub really hit hard. After that, they have all but eliminated from playoff contention. This team is reeling.

How the Suns react mentally is my primary concern after the playoffs are out of the picture. Maybe it was never a possibility but it was a goal they no longer have. The other issues made matters worse especially for Devin.