The Suns next big move

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They also signed dan majerles brother at some point.
As I posted right above you, Jeff Majerle had a tryout with the Suns, but was never signed.

Jeff played four years of college basketball at Central Michigan. He came off the bench his
first three years and started fifteen games his senior year.

I saw him at a Suns practice session and the only thing he had going for him was a decent
outside shot. There was no 'Thunder' in Jeff Majerle. :)

I also met him at their sports grill back in the day -- the original location on N. 2nd St.
Over the years, he managed at their various locations as they opened.

They still have my favorite bacon cheddar burger (at their Desert Ridge Marketplace location).

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarron Colllins.

We also had one of the Zeller brothers. I can't remember which, but I do recall Lance Blanks proclaiming him the greatest shooter he'd ever seen.

IIRC, a couple of other players labeled as greatest shooters ever was Dan Langhi and Sean Marks.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Come on BC... you were more against drafting Doncic than just about anyone.
Yes, I was. Because of our opportunity to get a Center at that time.

Notice that I didn't say, "So...who should we have taken with the first pick."

I said, "So... who do we take with the first pick?" Now.

I was aware of the difference in present tense vs. past tense.

Hence the . . . oh! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty fair to say that we are not going to make the playoffs. I just don’t see us catching the Grizzlies.

How should that impact what we do at the trade deadline?

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it’s pretty fair to say that we are not going to make the playoffs. I just don’t see us catching the Grizzlies.

We should have made a trade while we were still in it.

Now, let the expiring expire.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yes I agree. Absent an injury to a key player for the griz I don’t think we’ll catch them.

this has amazingly really become a league of the haves and have nots. There’s really one team, Memphis (24-24), that’s at or even around .500. Everyone else is either at least 9 games over (OKC) or 5 or more games under (Spurs) .500.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I tend to agree. They are on fire, and we aren't going to be able to improve that much.

I don't think the Suns are going to do anything - other than possibly trading away Baynes.

Jones has said as much if you listen closely.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think they'll make it either but I also believe they shouldn't give up until they are mathematically eliminated. They're trying to change the culture and they can not afford to tank a single a game. Perhaps they don't make a 'win now' move like going after Kevin Love but I didn't want to see that happen anyways. They should look to make a deal with an eye on the future as well. Get some players in who might be here beyond this season, TJ, Frank, and Baynes aren't likely to return so why keep them around.

Even if they net next to nothing in a deal, like a similar expiring and a 12th man, do it. I don't have much hope in getting anything of value for Frank or Tyler but I think we should be able to grab a young big or a scoring wing to come back for Baynes. My level of player coming back to us isn't ridiculously high, someone like a Troy Daniels or a Gerald Green, both players we got for nothing and turned out decent for us.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't think they'll make it either but I also believe they shouldn't give up until they are mathematically eliminated. They're trying to change the culture and they can not afford to tank a single a game. Perhaps they don't make a 'win now' move like going after Kevin Love but I didn't want to see that happen anyways. They should look to make a deal with an eye on the future as well. Get some players in who might be here beyond this season, TJ, Frank, and Baynes aren't likely to return so why keep them around.

Even if they net next to nothing in a deal, like a similar expiring and a 12th man, do it. I don't have much hope in getting anything of value for Frank or Tyler but I think we should be able to grab a young big or a scoring wing to come back for Baynes. My level of player coming back to us isn't ridiculously high, someone like a Troy Daniels or a Gerald Green, both players we got for nothing and turned out decent for us.
I actually think we’ll keep frank. He’s not overly expensive. That said the team option gives us flexibility if we need his salary space for a signing/trade.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The bad thing is next year gets harder to get the 8th seed as Golden State ends up back in the playoffs, and New Orleans has time to integrate Zion into the line up.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
We probably could’ve traded Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren and Josh Jackson for CP3 at one point lol #hindsight20/20

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We probably could’ve traded Tyler Johnson, TJ Warren and Josh Jackson for CP3 at one point lol #hindsight20/20
Since they HAD to move CP3 we might have got a pick back, too! LOL!

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Since they HAD to move CP3 we might have got a pick back, too! LOL!

But hey, we got Rubio, Cam Johnson, Jevon Carter and Dario Saric...

James Jones is an awful, awful GM. As in Lance Blanks awful.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think PHX needs to target Randle this offseason and roll with a core or Ayton, Randle & Booker. Not sure what it would take (Oubre or Bridges) to get him but we need to address the PF position this offseason. Were not going to find a unicorn (stretch PF who can defend and rebound) so might as well get a guy who can score, rebound and pass. Unless PHX wants to transition Ayton to PF and maybe bring in a true C like Hassan Whiteside who can rebound and is an elite rim protector.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Unless PHX wants to transition Ayton to PF and maybe bring in a true C like Hassan Whiteside who can rebound and is an elite rim protector.

That is exactly what they should do. His game is a lot more like Nowitzki or Duncan than O'Neal or Olajuwon.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At this point, after yesterday's debacle, I would not count on a next big move...ever...

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns next big move: Sign FA Anthony Davis this summer. Championship contender complete.

Remember when Suns fan could speculate about such things and it was not a pipe dream? Those were the days.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
The Suns next big move: Sign FA Anthony Davis this summer. Championship contender complete.

Remember when Suns fan could speculate about such things and it was not a pipe dream? Those were the days.
Jerry used to go for it.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave