Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kelly Oubre is back on twitter.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was never in the Devin Booker wants out camp. Thought it was ridiculous speculation. I gotta admit, it's starting to make more sense to me. I've found myself feeling bad for him this year.

I'm leaning that way a bit. Our FO isn't willing to atleast make the team better despite its obvious shortcomings and needs. It's obvious the rumblings of the 3: Booker, DLo and KAT; want to play together. I mean DLo would be set next year once a healthy Curry and Thompson are back, smooth sailing to the playoffs and maybe a title. Instead i think he's happy to play with KAT and try and build his own team.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I was never in the Devin Booker wants out camp. Thought it was ridiculous speculation. I gotta admit, it's starting to make more sense to me. I've found myself feeling bad for him this year.
I mean the team has had a big turnaround this year. We are starting to struggle lately, but that is because half of our lineup is out injured right now and we just don't have the depth to hang around with very many teams.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mean the team has had a big turnaround this year. We are starting to struggle lately, but that is because half of our lineup is out injured right now and we just don't have the depth to hang around with very many teams.

We also don't have the talent, we don't have a power forward, and we don't have a GM who is willing to do anything to improve the team (and who in fact seems hell bent on making it WORSE).

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Is it really that big.

If things don't change real soon we are looking at less than 30 wins.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The timing of the Kelly tweet worries me a bit.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Welp.

if they don’t do something I think I’m done for for the year. I just don’t understand I really don’t

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Is it really that big.

If things don't change real soon we are looking at less than 30 wins.
It certainly was before we started losing everyone to injury. We were on pace to almost double our win total from last year and as is we are still on pace to surpass it by at least 10+ games.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It certainly was before we started losing everyone to injury. We were on pace to almost double our win total from last year and as is we are still on pace to surpass it by at least 10+ games.

And other teams in the same boat (Memphis, Minnesota, Sacramento, Atanta, New York) are making moves to try to improve, while we do nothing...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The problem is not that the Suns are not going after Russell and/or KAT. What the real problem is that they are not getting Booker enough help otherwise. That's what the real problem is. It's fine to say that we don't feel like either of those guys are a good match. However, you have to follow that up with what you are doing to get him more help.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is not that the Suns are not going after Russell and/or KAT. What the real problem is that they are not getting Booker enough help otherwise. That's what the real problem is. It's fine to say that we don't feel like either of those guys are a good match. However, you have to follow that up with what you are doing to get him more help.

pretty much. Do something...anything, but it’s looking like we will do nothing again. If I’m Booker why would I stay here

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
pretty much. Do something...anything, but it’s looking like we will do nothing again. If I’m Booker why would I stay here

He won't. Expect a trade demand as soon as the season is over, if not sooner.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Look, I think the sad truth is they may be sorta trying - but I think Bower and Jones are incompetent when it comes to player acquisition.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
because he’s under contract for four more years.

And a disgruntled Booker can make life even more miserable here in the meantime. As stated in the AzCentral article I posted, Booker has expressed that the money is all the game currently gives to him, and he has already cashed in with his contract. He now has no incentive left to even try here anymore.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Look, I think the sad truth is they may be sorta trying - but I think Bower and Jones are incompetent when it comes to player acquisition.

Incompetent is an understatement. My dog could run the team more effectively.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Drummond to Cleveland.

So now even the Cavs are trying to improve. Are the Suns literally the only team in the league that is neither good nor trying to improve at the trade deadline?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score