NBA Trade Deadline news and rumors 2019-20 season

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, TO TAKE ON WIGGINS and HIS ridiculous salary, the Wolves would have to offer more. ie...the two #1's ALSO.

That's not at all what I heard, and I can't imagine it taking two first round picks to take on a contract that is pretty much the same one they already have for Russell.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They then talked about the Warriors wanting to win next year with Curry and Thimpson being healthy, that Wiggins was worth more to them than the picks, and that the Wolves could instead use the picks to pursue Booker.
The only one trolling here is you, through your namecalling. Call me a liar again, and I will report you.

If you keep lying about stuff I don't really know what else to call you.

They talk about how the Warriors would require unprotected picks just to take Wiggins of the Wolves hands because his contract is so putrid.

https://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=e4498a23-cca1-4d2a-8e4b-ab58000f6b35&sid=1005&n=Burns+&+Gambo

There is the link big guy... prove me wrong.

Otherwise... you are what you are.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If you keep lying about stuff I don't really know what else to call you.

They talk about how the Warriors would require unprotected picks just to take Wiggins of the Wolves hands because his contract is so putrid.

https://arizonasports.com/category/podcast_player/?a=e4498a23-cca1-4d2a-8e4b-ab58000f6b35&sid=1005&n=Burns+&+Gambo

There is the link big guy... prove me wrong.

Otherwise... you are what you are.

My bad.

I heard Gambo's comment about the Warriors not needing the two picks and taking Wiggins instead, followed by the talk in the next segment of Minnesota (who would then presumably keep those draft picks) ultimately going after Booker (when they floated the Vegas analogy), and I put two and two together.

My intent was not to mislead, and the speculation is still there, as with Covington and Wiggins gone, the only thing the Wolves would have left to trade for Booker is picks, and it is no secret at all that the Wolves' plan once they unite Towns and Russell would be to make a play for Booker.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That's not at all what I heard, and I can't imagine it taking two first round picks to take on a contract that is pretty much the same one they already have for Russell.
You misheard then. Russell >> Wiggins. He can run an attack, and make them better. GS would only do it for the extra draft capital.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My bad.

I heard Gambo's comment about the Warriors not needing the two picks and taking Wiggins instead, followed by the talk in the next segment of Minnesota (who would then presumably keep those draft picks) ultimately going after Booker (when they floated the Vegas analogy), and I put two and two together.

My intent was not to mislead, and the speculation is still there, as with Covington and Wiggins gone, the only thing the Wolves would have left to trade for Booker is picks, and it is no secret at all that the Wolves' plan once they unite Towns and Russell would be to make a play for Booker.

They wouldn't even have the picks to offer or the salaries to match up in a trade.

And with how hard you dug your heels in and that it was extremely obvious they were NOT talking about Booker and how you've done this kind of thing in the past... I can't really give you the benefit of the doubt on your intent.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Then what was your intention? You have been speculating that Booker is gone, then you claimed that some local hack had a national source that there was a rumored trade for Booker. I wouldn't know what to call that than an attempt to mislead.

It's your bad that you didn't make sure nobody could call you on it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Then what was your intention? You have been speculating that Booker is gone, then you claimed that some local hack had a national source that there was a rumored trade for Booker. I wouldn't know what to call that than an attempt to mislead.

It's your bad that you didn't make sure nobody could call you on it.

My intent was to relay that we are getting closer to Booker being gone, and that others are attempting to put wheels in motion to make it happen sooner rather than later.

And if Russell ends up in Minnesota at the trade deadline, start the clock ticking.

And the longer Booker languishes here, especially with Minnesota trying actively to acquire him (whether or not the Suns like what Minnesota is offering), and especially with Towns and Russell pushing Booker for a reunion, the uglier it's going to get...especially when the best the Suns can offer Booker is a bad trade for Luke freaking Kennard.

Last edited:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the Kennard deal is dead or hit an impasse. Woj reporting it so clearly makes me think that teams have broken off talks. These types of deals are kept close to the vest and details only leak once they are dead.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I can only imagine how confusing these threads must be for those who block people. Must look like everyone is just spitting hate at nothing ha
It’s just 1sun ruining the suns board even while I have him on ignore. It’s amazing I have to sift through all this junk to find a nugget of real suns talk.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think the Kennard deal is dead or hit an impasse. Woj reporting it so clearly makes me think that teams have broken off talks. These types of deals are kept close to the vest and details only leak once they are dead.

I really, really hope you're right.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jesus Christ I hate the Suns. This is the last year you got Tyler Johnson’s huge contract that you can use to match salaries and what are we doing? Not a damn thing

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Jesus Christ I hate the Suns. This is the last year you got Tyler Johnson’s huge contract that you can use to match salaries and what are we doing? Not a damn thing
Yeah, we're not taking on a long term albatross.

Keep developing Ayton and the youngsters. The youth has to lead the charge ahead rest of season.

Think improvement, not necessarily the playoffs...just yet.

Next year there will be no excuses.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The only way Kennard makes sense to me is if we had a deal in place for a PF big free agent, and Kennard would be a nice back up peice. IF they are going to give up our first round pick, that it would not be for a sixth man guard, who AZSPORTS says can only play limited minutes. We are short on bigs, not guards. Just confusing. Why not use the first round pick for a big PF upgrade, DLo to make Booker happy, or anyone on a higher level than Kennard?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
This definitely has Bower’s fingerprints all over it.
With all of the confusion about who is calling the shots, now we have another entry who
may be relegating our supposed General Manager to nothing more than running errands.

For Sarver. For Bower. It is a smoke screen. It may hide who is causing the confusion,
but it doesn't hide the mediocre results. Or give any hope for gain in the near future.

And probably not-so-near future. The more time that goes by, the more outrageous
the structure of the Suns becomes. And accordingly, the roster. It would be laughable
if it weren't so sad. For Suns fans anyway. Can anyone blame the refs for jumping on
the bandwagon?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Wolves tried this over the summer too, there were a lot of stories about how confident they were in the ability to clear space to offer a max contract. I believe they are under the impression that Wiggins holds the value of a budding young star, but the rest of the league views him as... well... kinda lousy, and that is before factoring in that he makes about 30 mil a season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don’t think so, they are in Detroit tomorrow. If nothing happens tomorrow, then yes it is probably dead.

JerkFace

Reaction score

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So Houston gave up client cappella and a first round pick for Covington? Seems like an overpay.
I don’t quite get the roster the Rockets have assembled. After being patient for so long, Morey has shifted gears and created a thin team with parts that don’t fit and, now, zero size.

The Lakers will eat that lineup for breakfast. Davis might average 40/20 in a playoff series against them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA