Could There Be a Run on QBs?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think hes about 15th, when you equate for talent regardless of current performance.

1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Brees
6. Rodgers
7. Prescott
8. Murray :p
9. Josh Allen
10. Ryan
11. Wentz
12. Brady
13. Stafford
14. Carr
15. Garrapolo

This factors in potential too like I said. But Garrapolo is paid to be better than 15th.
Brees might retire, and I don't think Allen, Wentz, or Carr are better.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mahomes
Watson
Lamar
Wilson
Prescott
Rodgers
Ryan
Wentz
Stafford
Murray
Ben
Brees
Cousins
Tannehill
Goff

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
That still puts him outside the top ten, and he is paid to be a top ten QB.
Statistically he was a top ten QB. So they are getting what they paid for. He also took them to the Super Bowl.

Top ten completion % among qualified passers, top ten in TDs, top ten in passer rating (again among qualified)... At the end of the day, our rankings don't matter much if the numbers pan out.

Let's not pretend we wouldn't be pretty damn satisfied right now if he had taken over for Carson Palmer.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I though Jimmy played well for the most part. There were maybe 3-4 bad throws. Far less bad throws than Mahomes had for most of the game.

I think the Niners defense melting down was a really bad look for what was supposed to be an elite unit. They’re not as good as some of the great defenses we’ve seen the past decade.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Statistically he was a top ten QB. So they are getting what they paid for. He also took them to the Super Bowl.

Top ten completion % among qualified passers, top ten in TDs, top ten in passer rating (again among qualified)... At the end of the day, our rankings don't matter much if the numbers pan out.

Let's not pretend we wouldn't be pretty damn satisfied right now if he had taken over for Carson Palmer.

Numbers are a function of the system he plays in. Goff put up bigger numbers in 2018, and he pretty well blows goats.

He led his team to a Super Bowl...LOL.

Did you watch the NFC Championship game? Yeah he did a ton of leading there!

Football is a team game. Garrapolo is like Kirk Cousins. He can put up big numbers but he isnt a winner in his own right.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Maybe I would be excited, but by now we would be disappointed. Hes an empty numbers guy. Once the Chiefs took the lead, I said to all the Niners fans around me, that's game....Jimmy G wont lead the Niners back.

I'm much happier with Murray, who is better than Garrapolo in every way other than height and pretty boy looks.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I don’t see Joe Burrow being anywhere near the top 10 anytime soon. And he is going to go #1. That puts it in perspective for me. Kyler Murray was the right pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don’t see Joe Burrow being anywhere near the top 10 anytime soon. And he is going to go #1. That puts it in perspective for me. Kyler Murray was the right pick.

Burrow was amazing, but look at how good his team was. Highly regarded offensive line. Absolutely sick receivers. Good running game. Dog gone good defense.

I think Burrow will be Matt Ryan class. Not a great QB, but a good one.

Murray has a higher ceiling. Remember one of the anti-Murray arguments was that Tua (LOL) was coming out and a year after that Lawrence. That would have meant another train wreck with Josh "my college head coach damned me with faint praise" Rosen. I'm not even certain that Lawrence will be that good. He struggled some this year.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I
Maybe I would be excited, but by now we would be disappointed. Hes an empty numbers guy. Once the Chiefs took the lead, I said to all the Niners fans around me, that's game....Jimmy G wont lead the Niners back.

I'm much happier with Murray, who is better than Garrapolo in every way other than height and pretty boy looks.
I totally disagree. I personally think Kyler’s a cute little guy. :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave