I knew the Chiefs were gonna win the second that:

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When Shanon started to pass instead of running at 6 minutes left in 4th ... 3 first downs and you have them cornered, 4 and the game is almoust over. 5 and you have won...

But no, he started to let Garappolo show who he is, a bad passer.

And finally stop that Jimmy G love, he isn't a great QB. He isn't better than Alex Smith, and that is all he might amount to.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When the Niners went up 20-10 & then picked off Mahomes, they then went conservative on offense. When will teams learn that you never take your foot off the accelerator, especially when a guy like Mahomes is on the other sideline. KK made that mistake in the 2nd Niners game. Shanahan will be criticized all offseason for that and rightfully so. I just hope that KK learned from that experience.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The officiating down the stretch was poor also. How do you miss a delay of game that even my wife caught while she was reading a book? I thought that JG was hit a few times in the head in the 4th quarter & the officials didn't throw a flag. I was rooting hard for the Chiefs, but I would have been screaming bloody murder if I was a Niners fan. There's no doubt the NFL wanted Reid/Mahomes to win that SB. Almost every close call went their way pretty much all night.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not one line holding call the whole game and it was blatant.

Funny you mention that. Just before the game started, didn't the announcers say that Shanahan's biggest concern coming into the game was IF the Chiefs got away with holding calls. Apparently, they were holding throughout the playoffs & it not being called. I was rooting for the Chiefs the whole way, but they got away with quite a bit.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that. Just before the game started, didn't the announcers say that Shanahan's biggest concern coming into the game was IF the Chiefs got away with holding calls. Apparently, they were holding throughout the playoffs & it not being called. I was rooting for the Chiefs the whole way, but they got away with quite a bit.
The , by far, best d line in the game and Chiefs don't get 1 flag. It looked like martial arts take downs competition and the Chiefs won.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The , by far, best d line in the game and Chiefs don't get 1 flag. It looked like martial arts take downs competition and the Chiefs won.
The officiating was bad on times, there were holdings that made me think of Chandler Jones being in there and not getting the flag for O-lines that hold him.

But overall, the 49ers lost the game, because Shanahan started to play to the weaknes and abandon the run game when they were in lead and had every opportunity to run the ball outside inside and so on.

That JimmyG isn't the guy that shoulders your team to a win, should have been a known fact. But okay. So now the question is how hard will the 49ers clash. Because they are the type of team that will clash in a quite difficult NFC West.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The 1st 4th qtr TD by Mahomes, up until then I really thought the 9ers could hold on (so glad I was wrong)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The officiating was bad on times, there were holdings that made me think of Chandler Jones being in there and not getting the flag for O-lines that hold him.

But overall, the 49ers lost the game, because Shanahan started to play to the weaknes and abandon the run game when they were in lead and had every opportunity to run the ball outside inside and so on.

That JimmyG isn't the guy that shoulders your team to a win, should have been a known fact. But okay. So now the question is how hard will the 49ers clash. Because they are the type of team that will clash in a quite difficult NFC West.

I agree that Shanahan has to be held accountable for blowing a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go. I'm not sold on the Niners crashing entirely though. I'm hoping that NFL teams learn how to better neutralize that running game & force JG to prove that he is at least a good QB. I personally think he's good, but not great. The Niners D is special up front, but a mobile QB like Murray/Wilson can make them look vulnerable. I don't see them winning 13 next year & I don't see them returning to the SB. But 10-11 wins is my expectation.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The officiating down the stretch was poor also. How do you miss a delay of game that even my wife caught while she was reading a book? I thought that JG was hit a few times in the head in the 4th quarter & the officials didn't throw a flag. I was rooting hard for the Chiefs, but I would have been screaming bloody murder if I was a Niners fan. There's no doubt the NFL wanted Reid/Mahomes to win that SB. Almost every close call went their way pretty much all night.

The delay of game can be a iffy call unless things have changed. I once heard that the clock on the field may not exactly be in accord with the time the Refs personally keep on the field. Maybe that has all changed now due to technology but one would think that has been updated because how hard can that be since the studio ref commented as if they actually are in sync now... but I do remember at least two occasions a few years ago when that was the case which makes me then say why even have that clock on the field if it's not exact but a mere suggestion

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
2019 training camp. Clark Hunt gave a speech to the team. Local KC documentary the franchise where he told the team nothing less was expected of them.

I told my family before the first game KC would win it all. Said it all season

I have a lot of witnesses.

I also told them why I thought that.

How could I know?

LOL

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree that Shanahan has to be held accountable for blowing a 10 point lead with 9 minutes to go. I'm not sold on the Niners crashing entirely though. I'm hoping that NFL teams learn how to better neutralize that running game & force JG to prove that he is at least a good QB. I personally think he's good, but not great. The Niners D is special up front, but a mobile QB like Murray/Wilson can make them look vulnerable. I don't see them winning 13 next year & I don't see them returning to the SB. But 10-11 wins is my expectation.

Hm I think Shanahan has exposed JG and I don't know if the run game next year is as productive as this year, but on that I could be wrong. But for me JG is a game manager that isn't on par with Alex Smith and that isn't going to cut it.

For me he is the third best QB in the NFC West, behind Wilson, who for now is the #1 and Kyler Murray who is #2 and than JG and way behind that Goofy Goff. Goff is for example the QB I compare JG, as long as your D is bad and your O isn't in for a big leas, Goff will look good, but as soon as they need to pass and the D is average or good, Goff looks below average or bad or really bad.

For me it isn't a coincidence that thoose two QB had the best two games against our bad D.

Since I hope and think we will be better on D next season, I think the 49ers will have a hard game against us, they will probably loose another 1-2 and if they hit 9-7 when all is said and done, they might happy. But 10-11 i think 6-7 is more likely. Again you have to see who they play next year as well.

@cards, Cards, @Seahawks, Seahawks, @Rams, Rams, @Patriots, @Giants, @Jets, @Cowboys, Eagles, Redskins, Bills, Dolphins, Packers and @saints.

So basically, Packers, Saints, Patritos and around 3 games against the own division will be loses. And than one of the other games can easily be a loss as well. So proably 7-8 loses is quite easy, if you start of 0-3 because you play @saints, Packers, @Seattle than many things can go south quite fast.

But as always, next season will show us, who the 49ers are really.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
And yet Jimmy G WAS the reason the Niners beat us both times lol.

I still think people underestimate him as a player just like before this season, much like they did Russell Wilson years ago. 23-7 record as a starter ain’t too shabby either

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
And yet Jimmy G WAS the reason the Niners beat us both times lol.

I still think people underestimate him as a player just like before this season, much like they did Russell Wilson years ago. 23-7 record as a starter ain’t too shabby either

I did not underestimate Wilson from the start and had him ranked above Luck and RGIII during the draft, but my belief in Leinfart nullifies that feather in my cap

I would rate as follows

1) Russell (I'm so good my actual name works now as a compliment) Wilson, a great QB who is versatile with the ability to drive for the winning score

2) Jimmy Galapagos Isles, a fringe gamer on the right occasions who is a game manager, but a very good one who has talent around him

3) Kyler Squeak Murray, a dynamic little spark plug who for a rookie gave no reasons why he cannot become a more athletic type of QB in the mold of a Wilson, but he is gong to have to get past the sophomore jinx (which is no jinx but the realty of teams having tape on you) and is then gong to have to prove he has the ability to will wins as Wilson once he gets a better supporting staff, hence he's not there yet but does promote the thought he can

4) Jared Gawd Awful, the epitome of systems QB, yes every QB is a systems QB in a scheme which allots their attributes to be successful, but Goff really has no instincts or ability to think for himself (something Jimmy G does have to compensate for what he lacks in relation to a guy like Wilson or Murray)... it's all Sean Mcvay with him because he's a great innovative coach that can make even this guy work but there is only so much you can do with him once the cat is out of the bag and it's scary to think what Mcvay could still do with a better QB

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson