Suns @ Bucks Sunday game thread 2-2-20

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A jumper is less imposing than taking it strong to the hole on a grown man stronger and more experienced than he is.

I want Ayton to keep his outside shot. However, if he could get the ball where he could take one step and dunk it or lay it up, I think he would be more productive. Perhaps it would be better for him to learn inside out.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Eddies right, Ayton doesn't play with enough bad intentions in the paint. Not nearly enough.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
It's a matter of building confidence. Getting positive results. A friend of mine was great but he was more tentative and less assertive on the top level, while another teammate zipped around like it was nothing and he was not that talented. People are different. I'm pulling for the kid.
We're all pulling for the kid. We just want to see some aggressiveness.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We're all pulling for the kid. We just want to see some aggressiveness.

he really needs to stop flapping his gums until he starts showing up every night with the aggression needed to get those fouls he wants to get called.

a guy that big, quick and athletic should never go 10-27. that's ridiculous.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
After his suspension, Ayton does not have the right to be a team spokesman.
I actually posted that when he came back.

But I'm sure the Press keeps giving him the chance.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

I fail to see the logic in that statement. We ask Ayton to be more of a vocal leader on this team, and when he brings up a valid point, he should keep his mouth shut?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually posted that when he came back.

But I'm sure the Press keeps giving him the chance.

It has nothing to do with being a spokesman, the press asks everyone questions and they publish what they think will get the most views.

Furthermore, isn't it a GOOD thing that he is calling himself out on not getting to the line?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I fail to see the logic in that statement. We ask Ayton to be more of a vocal leader on this team, and when he brings up a valid point, he should keep his mouth shut?
Uh who exactly has asked Ayton to be a more vocal leader? Don’t recall anyone in this board saying that. He needs to walk the walk before he flaps his lips.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with being a spokesman, the press asks everyone questions and they publish what they think will get the most views.

Furthermore, isn't it a GOOD thing that he is calling himself out on not getting to the line?
I didn’t read that as calling himself out. I read it as scapegoating the refs. Lame.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
James Jones better get the right coaches for Ayton and soon. Get him stronger and accustomed to contact. Some Greek wrestling for instance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones better get the right coaches for Ayton and soon. Get him stronger and accustomed to contact. Some Greek wrestling for instance.

I was thinking the injury to Baynes certainly does not help Ayton practice against another big man.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I didn’t read that as calling himself out. I read it as scapegoating the refs. Lame.
Well you've recently become one of the most biased people on this board re: Ayton, so it's no surprise you don't give him any benefit of the doubt. I know you want him to just stay silent, but that's not how the NBA works.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Well you've recently become one of the most biased people on this board re: Ayton, so it's no surprise you don't give him any benefit of the doubt. I know you want him to just stay silent, but that's not how the NBA works.

How dare Ayton advocate for himself and his team. Shame on him. :biglaugh:

The Ayton takes have gone from frustrating to comical now that he's checked off most of the boxes that people wanted him to check off to begin the season.

He could average 30/15/4/3 while doing the Red Panda act during halftime and people would still find ways to whine and complain.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
How dare Ayton advocate for himself and his team. Shame on him. :biglaugh:

The Ayton takes have gone from frustrating to comical now that he's checked off most of the boxes that people wanted him to check off to begin the season.

He could average 30/15/4/3 while doing the Red Panda act during halftime and people would still find ways to whine and complain.
Look, what is the most frustrating is that he’s shown that he can be aggressive. He just doesn’t do it very often. But that doesn’t mean he sucks or that he’s unwilling or unable to change.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

who's asked Ayton to be more a vocal leader? If anything, a lot of us want him to stop talking the talk until he walks the walks consistently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly I’m not biased against him. Read what I’ve written. When he’s shown aggression i applaud. When he does stuff that’s problematic, i point it out. It is all 100% observational. When I watch suns games I can’t help but to focus almost singularly on Ayton at this juncture.
As for these comments, he was literally denigrating the refs. How you can perform the mental gymnastics to apologize for him and turn that into he’s beating himself up I have no idea. But you do you chap.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Look, what is the most frustrating is that he’s shown that he can be aggressive. He just doesn’t do it very often. But that doesn’t mean he sucks or that he’s unwilling or unable to change.
And pretty much no one has said either of those things. So there’s that. Thanks for pointing out something that no one is arguing about chap!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Btw, that much vaunted perimeter defense that Ayton got the rep around here last year really hasn’t evidenced itself this year. He routinely gets used on the outside either being too far to contest threes or letting drivers waltz past him for layups.
This was posted exactly after he switched into levert and came nowhere close to blocking levert’s 3 point shot. Also harkens back to last game where it happened repeatedly. This is partial observation and partial opinion based on observation.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Also Ayton’s defense sucked ass again today. Anytime soft serve switches into a guard just chalk up the 3. He plays so far off he concedes the three routinely. There was a sequence where he switched into Bledsoe, bled just dribbled a little bit at the three point stripe, never threatened to drive (so no need for Ayton to retreat) and then just busted a trey in soft serve’s late reacting face. That was followed by a brick shot at the offensive by Ayton. And that was followed by Ayton letting devincenzo drive into his chest to draw a foul. In other words a second heaping helping of soft serve in a row. His numbers in this game lie. He was awful again tonight.
OB-SER-VA-TION

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm guessing Ayton might get fined for these comments about the officiating.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

In multiple postgame interview answers, Deandre Ayton repeated that he was not happy with tonight's officiating in a 128-109 loss at Milwaukee. "I just don’t like how these refs called the game tonight…I’m putting it on them." #Suns

2:14 PM - 2 Feb 2020
Hey chap - is he being hard on himself or blaming the refs? So difficult to tell here . . .

must be bc I’m biased.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson