Now that the big game is over....

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
A grown man who responds to people with I’m going to rain on your parade because I’m in a bad mood is someone you shouldn’t be debating with. Stop responding to him and he’ll go away.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was a poor hire in the first place, who has not won at any level. But sure, let's expect him to change his stripes just because we're fans.

Why should I "grow up and move on" and just pretend he's going to be good? I didn't "like" Wilks. I gave him and McCoy both a chance to run the team because I thought they could be decent. They weren't, they got fired, good riddance. And I'm not depressed, I think this team sucks and doesn't deserve my money where we stand today.

Yes you don't like the product and u don't have to spend any money If u don't like it
But someone can like it or are happy with the progress made and see a brighter future ahead
We know your point of view so I think there is no reason by you repeating the same stuff
I think you are interested being part of this community so u should have to change your approach here
What do u think about going to the cinema with a friend that is always hypercritical about the actors, the film direction, the script... Would u really enjoy watching it with him?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
A grown man who responds to people with I’m going to rain on your parade because I’m in a bad mood is someone you shouldn’t be debating with. Stop responding to him and he’ll go away.
I said one time that I "like being grumpy" as a joke. Chill.

Yes you don't like the product and u don't have to spend any money If u don't like it
But someone can like it or are happy with the progress made and see a brighter future ahead
We know your point of view so I think there is no reason by you repeating the same stuff
I think you are interested being part of this community so u should have to change your approach here
What do u think about going to the cinema with a friend that is always hypercritical about the actors, the film direction, the script... Would u really enjoy watching it with him?
Is there a "happy takes only" rule on this board?

I've posted here for what's coming up on 20 years. I don't want to leave because of a couple of years of disliking our team's direction.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
"9-7 is possible with the right moves"

...Why is this an acceptable standard? Hoping and praying we make the right decisions to win one game over .500? Our fanbase has been abused into accepting mediocrity.

Tough division, horrendous contracts and salary cap mines and a depleted defensive roster make 9-7 with a playoff appearance more than just mediocre

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We have to decide what our identity's going to be and draft and play to our strengths.
The Chiefs have the top offense in the league. The Niners have the toughest DL and a very good secondary.

We need a string of draft hits for Keim. He's drafted 50 players or so for the Cardinals in his tenure, and so far the ones who have been successful enough to garner a second contract: David Johnson, Tyrann Mathieu, and Rodney Gunter.

These are the BEST picks of his tenure. (Kyler notwithstanding, jury's still out)
He's got some young talent to work with (Baker, Murphy, Kirk) but we need a monster draft this year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Somehow the Cards have to upgrade the talent level defensively .Chandler Jones is a real star.PP is a solid CB when he feels like it.Hicks is a solid LB and Peters is okay.Otherwise upgrades are needed and/or young kids have to develop Murphy,Zack Allen,the safeties,.Free agency and the draft have both been very hit or miss for the Cards and to try and be a real contenderchasing Seattle and SF and the Rams the Cards need to have more hits than misses the offseason.Cards need to find a way to keep Drake and what to do about Humphries at LT and what about RT?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
We have to decide what our identity's going to be and draft and play to our strengths.
The Chiefs have the top offense in the league. The Niners have the toughest DL and a very good secondary.

We need a string of draft hits for Keim. He's drafted 50 players or so for the Cardinals in his tenure, and so far the ones who have been successful enough to garner a second contract: David Johnson, Tyrann Mathieu, and Rodney Gunter.

These are the BEST picks of his tenure. (Kyler notwithstanding, jury's still out)
He's got some young talent to work with (Baker, Murphy, Kirk) but we need a monster draft this year.
Good post, I really agree with the identity part. That's huge, "what are we? " is what needs to be answered first and foremost and build on it.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somehow the Cards have to upgrade the talent level defensively .Chandler Jones is a real star.PP is a solid CB when he feels like it.Hicks is a solid LB and Peters is okay.Otherwise upgrades are needed and/or young kids have to develop Murphy,Zack Allen,the safeties,.Free agency and the draft have both been very hit or miss for the Cards and to try and be a real contenderchasing Seattle and SF and the Rams the Cards need to have more hits than misses the offseason.Cards need to find a way to keep Drake and what to do about Humphries at LT and what about RT?
Agree. We need to use F/A to shore up this defense. We are not going to be able to upgrade every position of ( desired) need.
OLB Mathew Judon would be a great splash signing and fill a huge need.
DE Derek Wolfe might be a good 2nd tier that could add depth and experience at DE .
ILB Joe Shobert would fit well but not the greatest against the run. Maybe Nick Kwitkowski? Not sure we can fit all three in and still retain Drake( bob and weave), Humphries ( ducks), Hundley, Gonzalez, Gunther and remaining players we want to bring back or replace to fill this roster.

I would really like to head into the draft with the BPA in mind.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

The Cardinals need to be more PHYSICAL on both sides of the ball, but especially on defense. We obviously need to be able to stop the run without committing 8 guys to the box & leaving our vulnerable secondary even more vulnerable. I'm not saying we want a heavily penalized D, but we are sorely lacking an intimidating presence. Our OL needs to continue to increase their nastiness. They made some progress there (good coaching), but more progress needs to be made if this team is going to improve their traditional ground game (minus KM's runs).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agree. We need to use F/A to shore up this defense. We are not going to be able to upgrade every position of ( desired) need.
DE Derek Wolfe might be a good 2nd tier that could add depth and experience at DE .
ILB Joe Shobert would fit well. Not sure we can fit all three in and still retain Drake( bob and weave), Humphries ( ducks), Hundley, Gonzalez, and remaining players we want to bring back or replace to fill this roster.

Judon is good! Most Ravens fans I know are pretty sure they will lose him in FA.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, for the last 15-20 years, it's been TB and the Patriots.
I'm afraid for the next 10-15 years, it just might be PM and the Chiefs, and LJ and the Ravens.:(:)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, for the last 15-20 years, it's been TB and the Patriots.
I'm afraid for the next 10-15 years, it just might be PM and the Chiefs, and LJ and the Ravens.:(:)

Absolutely could be the case. Both are great players & both were very fortunate to be drafted by franchises that have a clear idea of how to win. I strongly believe that KM is special, but it'll be tougher for him until our FO develops a winning tradition that lasts longer than 3 years.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We were 3-13 because our awful GM chose poor coaches and failed to acquire young talent, which is where I see us today. Going 9-7 if we beat teams who are all losing teams is not an accomplishment.
So why are you here? They aren’t worth you money but they’re clearly worth hundreds of hours of your time.

Such a bummer you painted yourself into the Kyler hater corner and can’t enjoy our OROY and bright future

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
ILB Joe Shobert would fit well but not the greatest against the run. Maybe Nick Kwitkowski? Not sure we can fit all three in and still retain Drake( bob and weave), Humphries ( ducks), Hundley, Gonzalez, Gunther and remaining players we want to bring back or replace to fill this roster.

That would be a good situation but are you confident SK can make that happen? I am not.Whoever he signs in FA has got to be a impact player IMHO.Nothing wrong with getting a couple more solid veteran guys who are better than the guys now but SK still has to get a difference maker or two before heading into the draft.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
So why are you here? They aren’t worth you money but they’re clearly worth hundreds of hours of your time.

Such a bummer you painted yourself into the Kyler hater corner and can’t enjoy our OROY and bright future
You've been posting here for a whopping four months if I round up for you. I am here because I love this team, have invested a bunch into this board over the years, and I'm not going to suddenly leave because I don't like our direction. We will get better at some point. I don't think that is with Kliff Kingsbury and Keim, but hey.

I enjoy coming here and sharing my opinions while reading the opinions of others I respect, even if we don't always agree. I can't stand the overwhelming positivity posts, but it's my right as a fan to feel how I want. Some posters have chosen to ignore me because they don't like my negativity. It is what it is, you can block me as well. But I'm sure 4-5 years down the line, or whatever it ends up being, I'll still be here to participate and have fun and enjoy the ups and much as I dislike the lows.

As I've said, feel free to make a thread called "Positive Thoughts Only," and I'm sure none of the Darksiders will come in to ruin your parade celebrating a team coming off their 4th consecutive non-winning season.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That would be a good situation but are you confident SK can make that happen? I am not.Whoever he signs in FA has got to be a impact player IMHO.Nothing wrong with getting a couple more solid veteran guys who are better than the guys now but SK still has to get a difference maker or two before heading into the draft.
Absolutely have to make some kind of splash in free agency on defense. I don’t want to see anymore 36 year old guys looking for one more year of glory.

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hi Zeem. Would like to take a minute to introduce you the THe Prophet of Doom, aka Solar.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad the Niners lost. Didn't want to hear about them all next season.
Conflicted.

Reid always gets the best of us in deals. But Mahomes plays like KM. Gotta like him.

But we almost beat SF (twice) and they're a division rival. Sherman talks a mouthy game.

I decided to root for KC.