Super Bowl 2020 Chiefs vs Niners gameday thread

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Mahomes deserved it. Oline couldn’t block for him at all and he still came on late to guide his team back not to mention his performances in the prior two playoff games. Really they should have a playoffs MVP over super bowl MVP in my opinion. Williams was great tho.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One thing is certain. The Niner’s D doesn’t dominate against mobile QB’s. A slight advantage for us moving forward.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Let the super bowl hang over begin! 9ers will win 10 games max next season!

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Let the super bowl hang over begin! 9ers will win 10 games max next season!

I hope you're right. What's obvious to me is that the Niner's D cannot dominate teams with mobile QB's like they can with teams that have less mobile pocket passers. We saw firsthand that Murray, Wilson, and Mahomes could put up points on their D. Conversely, we also saw teams like GB, LA, and Minnesota get embarrassed by the SF D. I would have to look at who the Niners play next year before I would say how much, if any, they drop off.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Williams should have been MVP
big time! No way in hell Mahomes should be MVP. That’s a complete joke!
Say whatever you want, but the Chiefs don’t win the SB if they didn’t have Mahommes behind center.

Sure he didn’t have his best game for 3 1/2 quarters but with the game on the line, facing an almost certain loss, #15 won that ring for his team!!! He made the throw on 3rd & 15 with 7 mins left, down 10 that gave them hope, then hit the long pass to Watkins with 3:30 left that set them up for the lead.

Bottom line is Mahommes made the plays with the game on the line & Jimmy G didn’t. I have zero problem with him winning MVP, but if I were voting it would’ve been Co MVP with Mahommes & Williams. #15 deserved credit without a doubt imo.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The NE game was on the defense not him.

In this one, they have the best playcalling offense in the league IMO. Jimmy G is a good not great QB as we saw at the end when needed he didn't come through. But with the run game and Kittle they've got this great play action stuff and all the misdirection.

KC just made the plays when they had to. I don't fault Shanahan at all he got this far with a good QB, just not good enough to make the plays when they needed it.

There were some head scratching calls in that SB...

Matt Ryan 7-step drop on 3rd and 1 in the 4th qtr up 16 (sack/fumble)

2nd and 11 at NE’s 23 up by 8 with 4 min left. 10 yard sack followed by holding. Call two runs = FG = game pretty much over

The defense obviously imploded but should’ve never gotten to that point.