Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yep. Attended the game today. It was a very fun team to watch. And everyone was wearing their shorts like a normal adult

Well, apparently fun starting with about 13 minutes to go in the first half. Those first 7 minutes of the game were some of the most atrocious basketball I have ever seen on any level.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I mean yeah if Hazzard and Smith shoot like that it obviously changes things. We need more from Nico to offset the fact they won’t shoot like that though.

Ira isn’t the most skilled guy but he plays physical. He’s the anti-Jeter.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I mean yeah if Hazzard and Smith shoot like that it obviously changes things. We need more from Nico to offset the fact they won’t shoot like that though.

Ira isn’t the most skilled guy but he plays physical. He’s the anti-Jeter.

Sadly, Nico appears to be well on his way to being the most underperforming recruit (relative to his high rating and expectations) since Grant Jerrett.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Coach Miller in the process of blowing a 20 point lead to a mediocre ASU team. His departure is long overdue.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Three first round NBA picks, and this team, which might be the most mentally weak team I have ever seen, might not win a single road game this year and might miss the NCAA Tournament.

How does Sean Miller NOT get fired at this point?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another game, another blown double digit lead. Sean Miller might very well be the worst coach in the conference right now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well, that's good to know, though they still blew yet another double digit lead in the process.

Interesting piece of trivia:

This is the latest in the season the Wildcats got their first road win since...the Russ Pennell season when their first win came on the Oregon Road trip on February 5, 2009. Before that, the latest was...Lute Olson's first season in Tucson with the first road win coming at ASU on February 17, 1984.

For a team that was supposed to have Final Four aspirations, this might the most disappointing, underperforming basketball team in Tucson in at least 36 years...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no Miller fan but what the heck happened to UW? I know they lost their PG but my goodness they have 2 potential lottery pick freshmen on the front line, went bananas from 3 to start the 2nd half, and still couldn't win the game. I think they're finding out that playing that zone defense is not going to work with such a young team. it takes more than one year to figure that defense out, they block a ton of shots but it was amazing how easily Gettings got uncontested shots in the middle. Hopkins was yelling at his bigs to get a hand up but they were conceding that shot to rim protect. I actually thought Miller did a smart thing he put gettings back in, in foul trouble, and it turned the game around because he hit a couple of midrange shots and opened up the zone.

Hopkins is a good coach but that team is throwing games away left and right at the moment.

USC and Oregon appear to be the cream of the conference right now. I don't think Enfield is a good coach but he took a page from Altman and added a key transfer that's paying off. I kind of expect Oregon to win it I just think much better coach but USC has some young talent, if Enfield could actually coach mobley they would have more upside I just don't think he can.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So help me God, if they blow a 20-point lead for the second week in a row...

EDIT: After giving up a 10-2 run with a 20-point lead, they thankfully stopped the bleeding and appear they are going to pull it out. The poor shot selection (too many jumpers, particularly contested three pointers, when Nnaji is in excellent position and calling for the ball inside), sloppy turnovers, missed free throws, missed lay-ups and defensive lapses due to loss of focus or inattention are maddening, though.

Last edited:

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stone Gettings was great tonight. He scored 19 and grabbed 12 rebounds. The team has played better when Gettings starts. And to think someone on this forum said Stone has no more ability than Jake Desjardins.:biglaugh:

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stone Gettings was great tonight. He scored 19 and grabbed 12 rebounds. The team has played better when Gettings starts. And to think someone on this forum said Stone has no more ability than Jake Desjardins.:biglaugh:

Yeah, I was certainly wrong there, though the guy really has no athleticism at all. What he does have is an extraordinary basketball IQ, terrific heart and a sweet looking jump shot. Kind of like a power forward version of Steve Kerr.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Awesome that we’re good enough to win a game in which we don’t make a single bucket. That was boring to watch

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Awesome that we’re good enough to win a game in which we don’t make a single bucket. That was boring to watch

It will all be over soon for Miller and his Pack Line. Need to start looking toward the future. One more year tops

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
If Sean Miller is still the coach, this team won't win 10 games next year.

The team may not win more than 10 games with anybody else either. There is a financial element to the situation. And it overlaps with the football program. Not good

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
It will all be over soon for Miller and his Pack Line. Need to start looking toward the future. One more year tops

Easier said than done. Money is an issue as is finding a quality coach to replace him with the specter of sanctions looming. Plus, do you want Heeke running a coaching search for the basketball program? I’d rather have that weasel Greg Byrne do it.

Although today, it’s Hard to bust Miller’s chops after sweeping the Washington schools up north. Team seems to be playing better with Gettings in the starting lineup over Jeter. What’s odd is our KenPom and NET rankings would put us as a 3 seed in the tournament (hard to believe that’d happen). Sweep the L.A. schools at home and we control our destiny for the conference championship.

I still feel comfortable saying this team has the ability to get to the Final Four, but the floor is much lower than I’d anticipated coming into the season. Meaning that it could also get pummeled by a double-digit seed.

We’ll see. College basketball is dumb this year.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Huge game next Thursday.

USC poo itself tonight at the Galen center. Not easy turning around after that and having to play in McKale for the next game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson