Greg Olsen or no?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not that we need a bunch of TE's considering we have Maxx Williams signed for next season & more than likely will resign Dan Arnold (he may have another yr left on his contract?) Arnold is more of a hybrid TE/WR, our coaches say he can block also. I doubt Clay will be brought back. So do we draft another one or try & sign Greg Olsen on one of those SK veteran/cheap deals? Is he too old? Does he still get separation? What does everyone think? I do like Charles Clay, he blocks & doesn't drop passes. I'm sure we could find one in the draft but Greg Olsen is experienced & a former pro bowler.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that we need a bunch of TE's considering we have Maxx Williams signed for next season & more than likely will resign Dan Arnold (he may have another yr left on his contract?) Arnold is more of a hybrid TE/WR, our coaches say he can block also. I doubt Clay will be brought back. So do we draft another one or try & sign Greg Olsen on one of those SK veteran/cheap deals? Is he too old? Does he still get separation? What does everyone think? I do like Charles Clay, he blocks & doesn't drop passes. I'm sure we could find one in the draft but Greg Olsen is experienced & a former pro bowler.

I was thinking the same. None of the TEs we have are mainstream receivers. Arnold is a RZ threat. Williams is more a blocker.

On the right deal for a year Olsen would be a great receiving option as part of a rotation. I think he would be a great scheme fit.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No. He has missed a lot of games and I’d rather draft a young body. Money is tight as it is. Next year at this time it might be a different story.

To be fair he gets injured a lot because they ride him hard.

When Olsen is fit he averages about 94% of offensive snaps. If you compare that to someone like Austin Hooper who played 65%.

If we brought him in it would be to play more like 60% of snaps in a rotation. Maybe even less. Which should help keep him healthy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair he gets injured a lot because they ride him hard.

When Olsen is fit he averages about 94% of offensive snaps. If you compare that to someone like Austin Hooper who played 65%.

If we brought him in it would be to play more like 60% of snaps in a rotation. Maybe even less. Which should help keep him healthy.
Okay. I still say no.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Landing spots for Olsen IMHO

1. New England
2. L A Rams
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Green Bay

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

1. New England
2. L A Rams
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Green Bay
I would take Minnesota and Green Bay off that list.

Minnesota just drafted Kyle Rudolph's replacement.

Jimmy Graham is not going anywhere until 2021.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cards are in the wrong place of their development

Olsen is a player you add when you think you need a vet here or there to make you dangerous in the playoffs

I was actually thinking Olsen is exactly the kind of reliable receiving option Kyler needs to help his development. Something we don't have with current TEs.

Olsen gives you exactly what people wanted Hooper for for less money and a shorter term.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um.... no. No players like Suggs this offseason. Meaning, one more big paycheck for before calling it quits.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1. New England
2. L A Rams
3. Minnesota Vikings
4. Seattle Seahawks
5. Green Bay

I would take Minnesota and Green Bay off that list.

Minnesota just drafted Kyle Rudolph's replacement.

Jimmy Graham is not going anywhere until 2021.

I nominated those teams based on their closeness to and desire to be in contention for a S B and I also believe Olsen has the same interest in a ring.

Graham is worn out and their WRs flat ass blow in Green Bay. Have to believe Olsen would be worth 60 receptions easily for Aaron. Olsen might need the vikings more than the Vikings need him, but I believe it is a possibility.

Pats miss Gronk in a huge way and Olsen could be a part of Brady's swan song season. Rams will do everything to bring that offense back.

Seattle has Wilson and a bunch of mediocrity.

Olsen has a few good years left and I see no good reason why he would sign with Cards.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We aren't there yet and if we sign a TE in FA we need one that stays for another 3-4 years, Olsen might have another 2 in the tank, but I'm not sold yet. He might sign with one of the mentioned teams that have a good chance to go to the playoffs. From there anything can happen.

So basically Arizona will not be on that list, or hopefully is not on his list.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We aren't there yet and if we sign a TE in FA we need one that stays for another 3-4 years, Olsen might have another 2 in the tank, but I'm not sold yet. He might sign with one of the mentioned teams that have a good chance to go to the playoffs. From there anything can happen.

So basically Arizona will not be on that list, or hopefully is not on his list.

He wants to go to the Skins. Davis retired and Reed will be cut so makes sense.

Watch Keim sign Reed. He loves a guy with an injury history.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hell no! Pretty much everybody in here ******* about signing old aging veterans especially with injury history… And Now we recommend and Greg Olsen? ****

Last edited: