2020 All Star Watch

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Expect Booker to ask for a trade in the offseason. This is likely the last straw for him.

This is a ridiculous take.

A loser thinks like that.

A winner gets better and makes people recognize they messed up - that is what booker is going to do.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Expect Booker to ask for a trade in the offseason. This is likely the last straw for him.

Overreact much? Lord. If he asks for a trade it will have little to do with the all-star game. It will have everything to do with the team imploding the rest of the season and not making moves needed to get guys around him.

Having said that...f....the All-star game. I won't watch a minute of it.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Overreact much? Lord. If he asks for a trade it will have little to do with the all-star game. It will have everything to do with the team imploding the rest of the season and not making moves needed to get guys around him.

Having said that...f....the All-star game. I won't watch a minute of it.
Probably not worth watching anyway...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lol this is just too much, all hot take made to rile people up. No context or supporting arguments to back up the claim.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Okay, well call me a conspiracy theorist, if you want. But I expect deliberate/calculated snubs like this by the NBA occur for one of two reasons:

1. The NBA simply hates Phoenix, most likely because it hates Sarver.

2. The NBA wants to make it clear to Booker that if he ever wants all-star/all-league recognition, he's going to have to relocate his career at some point to one of the league's "favored" franchises (i.e., LA Lakers, Boston, GS). This is pretty much how the NBA operates these days to keep those "favored" franchises relevant, by funneling talent from the less glamorous outposts to the more lucrative ones.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I were Booker I wouldn't participate in an All-Star event. Make that any Suns player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay, well call me a conspiracy theorist, if you want. But I expect deliberate/calculated snubs like this by the NBA occur for one of two reasons:

1. The NBA simply hates Phoenix, most likely because it hates Sarver.

2. The NBA wants to make it clear to Booker that if he ever wants all-star/all-league recognition, he's going to have to relocate his career at some point to one of the league's "favored" franchises (i.e., LA Lakers, Boston, GS). This is pretty much how the NBA operates these days to keep those "favored" franchises relevant, by funneling talent from the less glamorous outposts to the more lucrative ones.

And I can't imagine Booker, or anyone else, being strong enough to resist that, which brings me back to my original reaction...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If I were Booker I wouldn't participate in an All-Star event. Make that any Suns player.
Nah. Part of the reason he should is the exposure. He only gets one national game per year. People need to realize how elite he is .

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah. Part of the reason he should is the exposure. He only gets one national game per year. People need to realize how elite he is .

If somehow Booker got in the All-Star game because of injury... sure. Otherwise, I would react to a snub by giving a snub.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

That apparently will never happen as long as he is a Phoenix Sun, no matter what he does, unless and until the team starts winning, which likely isn't for at least another 2-3 years, if ever. He HAS to be thinking that right about now.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Luka has had ankle problems recently so maybe he pulls out. Someone has to to save the integrity of the AS game

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And now the Suns have gone 8 years without an All Star. Is that an NBA record?
That is on Sarver. Devin Booker can make waves and be done with him.

Phoenix Suns fans can't pick up and leave the market.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones releases a statement.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think he should’ve gotten in over Ingram. It’s where the front court/backcourt thing is stupid. Particularly due to the fact that it’s not like it’s a competitive game so who cares?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am angry about this. It almost seems like a conspiracy to make Book unhappy to be here. We have seen it happen with AD in New Orleans.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am angry about this. It almost seems like a conspiracy to make Book unhappy to be here. We have seen it happen with AD in New Orleans.

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner. And it will work with Booker just as it worked with AD. Expect Booker to be a Warrior or Timberwolf (much more likely a Warrior) by this time next year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave