Brentson Buckner back.....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am pretty apathetic regarding this move. I don't know that I saw anything from him or his unit I felt was better than average. I could be completely wrong.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Honest question: Would anyone know who he was or care if he wasn't a vocal figure on "All or Nothing?"

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like him. Cards d-line did well when he was here. He was with the Raiders only one year and they improved.

In just one season with the Raiders, Brentson Buckner's work as defensive line coach saw the unit go from a league-worst 13 sacks in 2018 to 32 in 2019.

Apparently that one-season turnaround wasn't enough to keep Buckner for more than one season.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
I like him. Cards d-line did well when he was here. He was with the Raiders only one year and they improved.

In just one season with the Raiders, Brentson Buckner's work as defensive line coach saw the unit go from a league-worst 13 sacks in 2018 to 32 in 2019.

Apparently that one-season turnaround wasn't enough to keep Buckner for more than one season.

Buckner also saw the Raider run D improve from 30th in the league to 8th. Not real sure why Raiders would want to go to Rod Marinelli just because the Cowboyz dumped him.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
I think Calais will be expensive...I'm guessing in the 6M-10M per year range. I don't think we'd want to allocate that much cap space to the defensive end position.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Give him something to work with and he'll shine. Last good D Line we had was Dockett and Campbell.
The guys since then have been pedestrian, or lonely. I like Peters, but he hasn't had much dominant help.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am pretty apathetic regarding this move. I don't know that I saw anything from him or his unit I felt was better than average. I could be completely wrong.
I’ve got to disagree. Our defenses were better than average and the strength of them was stopping the run, which began with his unit.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Maybe he can be DC if or when VJ is fired with his crappy scheme?
I was thinking the same thing. The FO will give VJ something to work with next season between the draft & FA. If his defense doesn't improve, he may very well be shown the door after next season? BB would definitely be in line to take over.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm very pleased with this move from the Cards. His unit was good when he was here last time round. He'll get some new pieces in free agency and hopefully the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
At the very least it is a upgrade over last season and it could be a massive upgrade. Like the move and wonder if Corey Peters was at all consulted.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose