Chris Simms for GM

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Dude gets it and doesn’t follow conventional bs.

Said Lamar Jackson was best QB in ‘18 draft prior to draft
Said Tom Brady was 9th best qb coming into this year after winning the SB.
Said Blake Bortles was one of the worst QB’s in the league the year he went to the SB. Proven correct later.

He seems like a complete football junkie, played the game, played through a lot of pain, is very intelligent IMO, and could be with us for decades if he works out or we cut ties if not. Little risk, HUGE REWARD IF RIGHT.

Google his takes. Everybody is wrong at some point but he makes a lot of smart observations.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude gets it and doesn’t follow conventional bs.

Said Lamar Jackson was best QB in ‘18 draft prior to draft
Said Tom Brady was 9th best qb coming into this year after winning the SB.
Said Blake Bortles was one of the worst QB’s in the league the year he went to the SB. Proven correct later.

He seems like a complete football junkie, played the game, played through a lot of pain, is very intelligent IMO, and could be with us for decades if he works out or we cut ties if not. Little risk, HUGE REWARD IF RIGHT.

Google his takes. Everybody is wrong at some point but he makes a lot of smart observations.
The Jaguars have never been to the Super Bowl.
Brady finished higher than 9th and had garbage for weapons. He's also close to the oldest QB to ever start a game in the NFL.

No thanks to TV blowhards who are paid to make hot takes. As a scout or something, sure. For GM, Matt Millen is all I needed to see to not be interested.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
You could literally throw darts at a board and be better at drafting than Keim. Dude sucks, but I'm pretty sure Simms isn't the answer, either.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No thanks to TV blowhards who are paid to make hot takes. As a scout or something, sure. For GM, Matt Millen is all I needed to see to not be interested.
I don't know if you were in the group but there were people talking up Mayock as a GM and all he is a TV blowhard. I wouldn't want a tv guy either.
I'm surprised John Lynch has been successful. He's be the answer to oppose Millen.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitch was pushing Daniel Jeremiah for GM a few weeks ago, this is how desperate we have become.

I would bet both my arms that when Keim eventually goes it will be in internal promotion. Almost certain A Dub. Mikes Grooming his as we speak. It's why he gets him involved in so much stuff.

Bidwill cares more about having a puppet who won't complain about him having his fingers in pies he shouldn't than winning games.

For all the Keim hate he is only a part of the problem. Mikey B is as much involved in personnel decisions as Keim.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I guess I'm a Steve Keim guy, but realize that he has to hit a HR in this off season. I do like Chris Simms as a TV FB guy, and appreciate the outside the box thinking by Syracusecards in proposing him for GM. I'd be fine with CS as GM, but doubt that it will happen. SK is coming to the plate and the bases are loaded.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Mitch was pushing Daniel Jeremiah for GM a few weeks ago, this is how desperate we have become.

I would bet both my arms that when Keim eventually goes it will be in internal promotion. Almost certain A Dub. Mikes Grooming his as we speak. It's why he gets him involved in so much stuff.

Bidwill cares more about having a puppet who won't complain about him having his fingers in pies he shouldn't than winning games.

For all the Keim hate he is only a part of the problem. Mikey B is as much involved in personnel decisions as Keim.
You are correct.
I was blasted earlier when I was said that Mike is not an easy guy to work for. And that comes from people within the NFL.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You could literally throw darts at a board and be better at drafting than Keim. Dude sucks, but I'm pretty sure Simms isn't the answer, either.

Well, in real time, close observers of the game were giving Keim at B+ or A after the last draft.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know if you were in the group but there were people talking up Mayock as a GM and all he is a TV blowhard. I wouldn't want a tv guy either.
I'm surprised John Lynch has been successful. He's be the answer to oppose Millen.

Mayock was not simply a TV blowhard and the jury is still out on his tenure.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

1. Let's not confuse what 'we' have become, our needs, with Mitch's brain farts.

2. He who signs the cheques always has a say.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Almost certain A Dub. Mikes Grooming his as we speak. It's why he gets him involved in so much stuff.

my one complaint about Mike B

he wants the familiar. Thats why if Keim gets replaced, it will be with someone in the org.

i dont think its about being a puppet, but rather prefers someone he has known for years. I have a hard time seeing Adrian Wilson as being a yes man.

for all the "i really want a Championship" -- the question is: does he want it enough to be uncomfortable

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Mayock's got a long proven track record of breaking down film and focusing on draft prospects, building a board, and being intimately acquainted with the draft process. Simms is a color commentator. And Mayock has a long way to go before we say he's done anything - his highest profile acquisition had a meltdown and left the team.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh with this, I don't mind any outside the box thinking, and Lynch has been surprising, but I want a proven football executive to take the reins from MB's hands for the most part, and revamp what has been a status-quo, internal hire program for the team since we got Ferguson in 1994. That's over 25 years of an organization having one model to go off of/learn from.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The football world is catching up to my generation.

I played against Chris Simms in highschool, and the quarterback for my team in highschool is currently the head coach of Boston College.

Crazy

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. Let's not confuse what 'we' have become, our needs, with Mitch's brain farts.

2. He who signs the cheques always has a say.

He who signs the cheques does have a say, but Mike goes way too far.

In the tiers of NFL GM's and how much the interfere Mike B is right up their in Tier 2 just below those that are the GM like Brown and Jones.

What does it say about Steve Keim and Mike's involvement when at your presser to announce your new HC the first thing he does is thanks Acorssi for consulting and Adrian Wilson who is below your GM.

The problem is, when your owner is the defacto GM, or is so heavily involved as Bidwill is, things never change. He can't fire himself. Just look at the Cowboys and Bengals long droughts of success.

Firing Keim wouldn't actually change anything as cathartic as it may be. Not unless Bidwill changes how he works.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

In the tiers of NFL GM's and how much the interfere Mike B is right up their in Tier 2 just below those that are the GM like Brown and Jones.

What does it say about Steve Keim and Mike's involvement when at your presser to announce your new HC the first thing he does is thanks Acorssi for consulting and Adrian Wilson who is below your GM.

The problem is, when your owner is the defacto GM, or is so heavily involved as Bidwill is, things never change. He can't fire himself. Just look at the Cowboys and Bengals long droughts of success.

Firing Keim wouldn't actually change anything as cathartic as it may be. Not unless Bidwill changes how he works.

So you somehow have a birds eye view of the internal dynamics at Cards HQ - brilliant!

You and Mitch have something in common.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim is our GM for at least the next year. Honestly it won't take much for that to be 2 years. If he gets to 8 wins he is fine because he will be tied to Kingsbury.

So we just got to let it go as fans

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Britcard is wrong here when it comes to Mr. Bidwill. He is extremely active in the organization and he has a deep friendship with Keim.

If a former federal prosecutor didn't fire his employee after committing an actual crime and then didn't fire him after the worst season we have ever seen in Arizona...

That employee probably isn't getting fired.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Mayock was not simply a TV blowhard and the jury is still out on his tenure.
That's exactly what he was. He's no different than Mel Kiper or Todd McShay. Just because people may like his delivery better and that he uses scouting terms fed to him like "pound the table" and such doesn't mean he wasn't tv shill. Just look at how he always had ND players rated higher than most. Think that had anything to do with him calling ND games on NBC and serving their product?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's exactly what he was. He's no different than Mel Kiper or Todd McShay. Just because people may like his delivery better and that he uses scouting terms fed to him like "pound the table" and such doesn't mean he wasn't tv shill. Just look at how he always had ND players rated higher than most. Think that had anything to do with him calling ND games on NBC and serving their product?

Well, unlike Kiper and McShay, he's a coaches son, played the game (BC Hall of Fame) and in both the NFL and CFL.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t read the whole thread because Keim is here today and he’ll be here tomorrow.

could be a topic of conversation next year at this time.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
Jerry Jones is lucky that his son is around to keep him from making stupid decisions like drafting Johnny Manziel.

Steve Keim has Mike Bidwill telling him he has to let head coaches have a big say in who he drafts.

The main dif between JJ and MB is JJ OWNS the idea of being the GM. Bidwill hides behind Keim and pretends Keim has the "last say".

Pretty sure Keim would not have drafted 3 WR's last draft, or wasted a pick on Logan Thomas who could have been picked up as an UDFA.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I definitely disagree with alot of what you say, but I noticed the same thing when MB and SK were talking about the K2 hire.

Something happened with the Wilks hire. My thoughts is that MB has lost trust in SKs ability to hire a coach or it was MBs call but he still questions SKs ability.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I definitely disagree with alot of what you say, but I noticed the same thing when MB and SK were talking about the K2 hire.

Something happened with the Wilks hire. My thoughts is that MB has lost trust in SKs ability to hire a coach or it was MBs call but he still questions SKs ability.

If Keim had primary responsibility for the Wilks debacle added to other issues, he'd be gone - IMO.

What saved him, I suggest, was that Wilks was MB's call.