Glazer’s NFL Mailbag

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'll help you out, this is what I recall as I'm not going back to check :)

Detroit - Despite the come back definitely a winnable game in OT. Couldn't get the TD and Brock fluffed the INT. +0.5
Ravens - One of our best road games I thought. Lost by 6 but I won't count it as winnable even though our RZ conversions sucked.
Panthers - Definitely not winnable. One of our worst games.
Seahawks - See above
Bengals - Win
Falcons - Win
Giants - Win
Saints - No comment
Niners - While we only lost by 3 we were down by 14. It was winnable if we had a D though so I'm counting it. +1
Bucs - Definitely winnable. Scored 27 and were up late in the 4th. Defense couldn't stop a beach ball in a breeze. +1
Niners - Up again late in the game. Lost on one of the dumbest defensive calls I've seen. That zero blitz inside our own 30 on 3rd down. +1
Rams - Ugh
Steelers - When you can't hold Duck Hodges to less than 23 at home you have a problem.
Browns - Win
Seahawks - Win
Rams - Again up in the 4th and allowed the Rams 2 TD's for the comeback win. A couple of INT's and a bad D lettings us down. But winnable. +1

So conceivable with an average defense we could have won 4.5 more games which would have been 10-6.
I was talking about 2018. 2019 is definitely still fresh in my head. Like, sure, we lost to the Vikings by 10, but were we within 3 with 5 minutes to go and they scored at TD? Those are the items I don't recall.

It's why it's easier just to go with the 3 point margin.

Like, we can debate up and down in the games you're adding as a +1, but it's been my feeling (and you haven't been around to read this from me), that a combination of inexperience, lack of talent, and outright poor coaching is the reason we lost the games you have a +1, and almost the reason we lost 3/5 of the actual wins.

Teams were able to figure us out and step on our throats when it mattered, either by our own doing, or superior ability. If it weren't for the Browns and Seahawks games, I'd be in pure sky is falling mode.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was talking about 2018. 2019 is definitely still fresh in my head. Like, sure, we lost to the Vikings by 10, but were we within 3 with 5 minutes to go and they scored at TD? Those are the items I don't recall.

It's why it's easier just to go with the 3 point margin.

Like, we can debate up and down in the games you're adding as a +1, but it's been my feeling (and you haven't been around to read this from me), that a combination of inexperience, lack of talent, and outright poor coaching is the reason we lost the games you have a +1, and almost the reason we lost 3/5 of the actual wins.

Teams were able to figure us out and step on our throats when it mattered, either by our own doing, or superior ability. If it weren't for the Browns and Seahawks games, I'd be in pure sky is falling mode.

Off the top of my head, from what I recall discussing at the time I think it was 5 games. Five that we realistically played well enough to win if not for some major blunders or bad game management.

Bears where we lost by 2. I think was Rosens first game, he came on late coz Bradford sucked.
Then the following game Rosen started vs the Seahawks, he looked really good, we pissed our pants and went for a late field goal when we had 3 downs inside 30 yards if I recall. Missed the FG. Gave the Chicks 1:40 to go down the other end and kick the winner.
Then we beat the Niners at Levi followed by the Vikings on the road where a bad fumble by DJ and some bad play calls lost us the game.

That could have been a nice 4 game winning streak. Should have been really if not for some bad coaching.

Then later in the year we lost by 2 to the Raiders at home and the last game vs the Seahawks at Century link we lost on a last second FG again when tied.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson