Who would you take at 8?

Who do you want regardless of FA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't know either but Kliff did recruit Terrance Steele at TT (started as a RS freshman LT and RT). He is 6-6/310 but doesn't move nearly as well as Becton.

There just aren't many guys Becton's size.

Imagine Becton at LT and Cordy Glenn (your trade option) at RT next year. Both guys for less than what we would be paying Humphries.

Kliff had to take who he could get at TT. He didn't have the luxury of recruiting players who were exact fits.

I know Becton is good for his size, I've seen him play basketball. I would still draft him, I'm just wondering if the Cardinals would see him as a fit.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Cant get me off the Wirfs train...though Becton might be the closing the gap more than anyone else. I like Derrick Brown the most, but I know we need to protect Murray.
Would love to get Brown in here. But ultimately it got down to protecting Murray. We're in a special draft slot in that we should have the 2nd OT off the board. Of which 4 have exceptional talent levels there. Very closely rated.

WR is deep and will continue to be in the coming years. Draft one more sometime in the draft. Whoever falls in your lap. Could be an elite TE also.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Isn’t one of Murray’s best attributes his ability to avoid rushes and make plays outside the pocket?

Wouldn’t that minimize the need for a strong pass blocking OL? I know a strong OL is always nice to have but the emphasis should be less with a QB like Murray. If it was a Carson Palmer, I get it.

I’d go with Brown or Jeudy but I think there pick will be Lamb.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Isn’t one of Murray’s best attributes his ability to avoid rushes and make plays outside the pocket?

Wouldn’t that minimize the need for a strong pass blocking OL? I know a strong OL is always nice to have but the emphasis should be less with a QB like Murray. If it was a Carson Palmer, I get it.

His speed and rushing ability should be used to continuously push the ball down the field and take off to run if he needs to.

Murray's footwork was sloppy, and he chose to run instead of stepping up in the pocket many times, because he had no time. A QB needs to have confidence in their line, and not be told "hey man, our strategy is just for you to run away and make something happen, timing be damned."

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Steele got destroyed at the Senior Bowl. UDFA grade for me.

Lol
Huh?....I was responding to Chopper of the wisdom to go OT 1st because there is a deep WR class coming. You can take another flyer in a later round or a TE who unexpectedly falls and lands in our laps. Thinking of Cole Kmet ND, Trautman from Dayton or the Florida Atlantic kid, Harrison Bryant.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/harrison-bryant/eupKGeJEhb

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Russell Wilson has been sacked nearly 400 times (including playoffs).

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I have no faith in Keim picking a winner in the 8th slot so I would trade down for pics is I were him.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

All QB's need a strong pass blocking OL. Just because you can avoid pressure doesn't mean you should.

Every time Kyler has to scramble everyone else has to abandon what they are supposed to be doing on that play. Wide Receivers that might have been open for a 30 yard gain have to turn back to the ball in the hope they can salvage 10.

The odds of a successful play about half when a QB has to scramble to avoid pressure compared to good pass pro.

Plus, it's not Kyler's game. He's a pocket passer who can run. Kyler has spent his whole career behind ELITE O lines. In high school he had current NFL tackles protecting him. In college he had an O line made up of 1st and 2nd round picks.

In his whole career before the Cardinals he was sacked 30 times. 30 times in his life as a QB. Then he got sacked 50 times as a Card.

If Kyler is asking for anything it's for a better O line.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Wirfs or Thomas, but Derrick Brown would be very difficult to pass on if he's still there.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Derrick Brown reminds me a bit of Suh. Hard to pass on such talent for the 2nd or 3rd best OT.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I think as Murray becomes a veteran we can focus less resources on the offensive line...while he is still developing, I would prefer to protect him more so he can learn and develop better fundamentals in the NFL. Whether we want to admit it, we drafted a very raw and inexperienced QB in Kyler Murray. It is tough to learn at the NFL level, and I want to give him the best opportunity for success.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to give the scouts inc rankings:

Jeudy 93
Brown 92
Lamb 91
Thomas 90
Espenesa 85
Wirfs 80