Suns @ Mavericks Tuesday game thread 1-28-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tuesday the Suns wrap up their three game road trip in Dallas.

Mavericks (28-17) play the Thunder in Oklahoma City on Monday after losing at Utah 112-107 on Saturday.

Suns (19-27) are trying to regroup after their loss at Memphis.

Game time is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

It will be televised on FSAZ.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like the Suns may be without Rubio. Baynes, Cam and Kaminsky remain out.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Ricky Rubio is questionable for tomorrow's game in Dallas due to a right ankle injury.

Baynes, Cam and Kaminsky all remain out.

2:07 PM - 27 Jan 2020

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mavericks improve to 29-17 after beating the Thunder tonight in OKC 107-97.

Doncic had 29 points, 11 rebounds and 5 assists.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing more Carter, but he might get No burn. Maybe the other slow white boy.
It would be nice to see a Suns point guard do this
https://northernarizona.gleague.nba.com/news/jalen-lecque-dunk-overshadows-late-suns-loss/

Jalen Lecque has the potential to be special if he develops.

With the Suns point guard woes I'm surprised Jared Harper hasn't received a look. He would solve some of the Suns scoring problems at point guard although he would probably have trouble on defense because of his height.

Ty Jerome looked acceptable in his last outing. If only he was more athletic. He is an excellent passer and play maker although he hasn't had a chance to show it. Jerome can also shoot the ball as well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

With the Suns point guard woes I'm surprised Jared Harper hasn't received a look. He would solve some of the Suns scoring problems at point guard although he would probably have trouble on defense because of his height.

Ty Jerome looked acceptable in his last outing. If only he was more athletic. He is an excellent passer and play maker although he hasn't had a chance to show it. Jerome can also shoot the ball as well.

Lecque is so raw and has such a long way to go but his athletic potential is so extreme. He reminds me a bit of Westbrook as a freshman where he’s a raw ball of clay. IIRC Westbrook was on the NBA map yet back then. @Russ Smith

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lecque needs a LOT of development. He has all the physical gifts in the world but not the skill set. He needed college ball. My concern is that he will not develop as he should sitting on an NBA bench.

I have no interest in Harper. He is just another version Isaiah Canaan or Mike James. He is a player who has a much bigger view of himself than he should and when he steps on the floor he makes the whole team worse. If you want Booker to want out, put Harper on the floor.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lecque is so raw and has such a long way to go but his athletic potential is so extreme. He reminds me a bit of Westbrook as a freshman where he’s a raw ball of clay. IIRC Westbrook was on the NBA map yet back then. @Russ Smith

Agree. If the light ever switches on... watch out.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lecque needs a LOT of development. He has all the physical gifts in the world but not the skill set. He needed college ball. My concern is that he will not develop as he should sitting on an NBA bench.

Lecque is mostly playing in the G-League.

I have no interest in Harper. He is just another version Isaiah Canaan or Mike James. He is a player who has a much bigger view of himself than he should and when he steps on the floor he makes the whole team worse. If you want Booker to want out, put Harper on the floor.

I suspect those who didn't like IT won't like Harper. If Harper had more height, I suspect he might make an NBA roster.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Outside of Frank Burlison and I guess Greg Hicks on BRO nobody had Westbrook on the NBA radar back then. I do recall seeing him as a freshman take off in traffic and dunk over some guy from Georgia Tech and thinking my goodness that kid gets up. We had a guy on BRO back then, posted under crgreen, he passed away a few years ago, he predicted Westbrook would be the best 2G in UCLA history, during his freshman year. Debatable I guess if you count NBA career you can make an argument. By the time he was a soph it was really obvious he was going to be good but I remember being surprised he got drafted as high as he did.

Still not sure he'll ever win a title the way he plays but sure is a great individual player.

UCLA recruited Lecque, ultra athletic but yeah needed some college or will take him a few years to convert that athletic ability.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I may be a debbie downer on this but I fear that Lecque is going to turn out to be essentially Archie Goodwin 2.0. His g-league highlights really showcase his athleticism but his overall stats from his time at the g-league are pretty horrible: https://gleague.nba.com/player/jalen-lecque/

He isn't shooting well from anywhere, he's barely over 1 assist/to and the rest of his stats are middling at best. He's young, so there's still the chance he could develop something but he really needs at least one stand out skill to keep him in the NBA; unfortunately, athleticism by itself is not it.

Here's Archie's stats for comparison: https://www.basketball-reference.com/gleague/players/g/goodwar01d.html

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would be a good surprise win if tgey can pull it off but not expecting it....

Going to need massive gms from booker ayton and rubio

Go suns

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges starts over Saric. Yes!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Bridges starts over Saric. Yes!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Sweet! Finally! We officially have a historically bad bench...ha. Glad they are finally giving this starting lineup a chance.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns versus Mavericks about to tipoff.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Finally! We officially have a historically bad bench...ha. Glad they are finally giving this starting lineup a go.

Monty finally comes around. Can't worry about the bench when the Suns lose games with slow starts.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker looked like he teared up before the game. Kobe's passing is still traumatic.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we wreck the Mavs with this lineup it will be really frustrating that we didn't turn to it weeks ago. It has consistently been our best 5 by a huge margin.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bridges keeps after it and scores the opening points.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we wreck the Mavs with this lineup it will be really frustrating that we didn't turn to it weeks ago. It has consistently been our best 5 by a huge margin.

I think almost everyone on the forum called it too.