2019 Offseason

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only like the universal DH if it mirrors the starting pitcher. After that each pitcher change requires a batter change as well (even if that batter is the current pitcher)

This at least compromises between the two leagues and keeps in some of the strategy of the NL

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

·
14m

Reliever Jeremy Jeffress and the Chicago Cubs are in agreement on a one-year, $850,000 major league contract, sources familiar with the deal tell ESPN. Jeffress can earn an additional $200,000 based on games pitched.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I only like the universal DH if it mirrors the starting pitcher. After that each pitcher change requires a batter change as well (even if that batter is the current pitcher)

This at least compromises between the two leagues and keeps in some of the strategy of the NL
My feeling is that, as long as the same rules apply identically to both leagues, I'm OK with whatever they do.

Which is, of course, a universal policy. Unless the new rule is outlandish.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand)
1/30/20, 1:08 PM
Mariners announce they have signed RHP Yoshihisa Hirano to a 1-year Major League contract. To make room on the 40-man, roster, Seattle designated LHP Ricardo Sánchez for assignment.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman)
1/30/20, 10:56 AM
Dodgers (and Padres) continue to show interest in Betts, and trade to 1 or other seems pretty likely at this point. LA wouldn’t include Lux or May but has many good prospects to include. Some scenarios have included David Price in deal, others have not. ⁦‪@ByMcCullough‬⁩ all over it

LA taking back Price to lessen the prospect blow is my worst fear.

OP
OP
overseascardfan

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LA taking back Price to lessen the prospect blow is my worst fear.
Shades of 2012 where BOS purged their contracts (Gonzalez, Beckett, Crawford) for practically nothing in return. That's what happens when you have owners with pockets deeper than the Marianas Trench. Watch they get Price and he has a Verlander in HOU type of rejuvenation.