2020 Mock Draft machine

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Wirfs: the draft network

Pros: Tristan aligns at RT for Iowa’s offense. Smart and versatile enough to swing from RT to LT over the course of a game. He has sufficient overall athleticism. He displays good technique on the perimeter, evidenced in his good hand placement. Displays sufficient initial quickness off the ball. He has Very good punch and inline power in his hands. Plays well in a “phone booth” He is very good at the point of attack in the run game. He is dominant when he is play side in the run game and does a very good job of sealing and getting his body in good positions to create run lanes.. He displays good block temperament on double teams. He will finish blocks and plays hard from snap to whistle. Displays good short set anchor and tenacity at the point of attack. He plays with good anticipatory instincts in his pass set, with regards to stunts and games.

Cons: He struggles at times to redirect on a defender’s counter or second move. Also displays average athleticism to engage LBs at the second level. He doesn’t play with great bend or length on the perimeter. As a result, speed rushers, skilled pass rushers with counter moves and more athletic defensive ends will give him problems at OT in the NFL. Struggles against quicker defender hard inside move. He does not project with true swing ability and would struggle as a LT in the NFL. Can play RT but may struggle against athletic pass rushers in the NFL, but skill set is best suited as a OG.

I’m not drafting a guy who plays RT in the top ten. Guys play RT because they can’t play LT. If the word “guard” is even mentioned he’s not a guy I want in the top ten
You need to look at the date of the scouting report. It was before the season started. He has played LT and RT this year and looked really good at both. Semifinalist for the Outland trophy. On Bruce Feldman's freak athlete list.

Move along because this is a flat bad take.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You need to look at the date of the scouting report. It was before the season started. He has played LT and RT this year and looked really good at both. Semifinalist for the Outland trophy. On Bruce Feldman's freak athlete list.

Move along because this is a flat bad take.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

LT and RT you say

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
LT and RT you say

Wirfs is a monster.

Seriously. He dominates nearly everyone he goes against.

Like I said, I dont care if he stays at RT....hes going to be really good.

Humphries-Pugh-Cole/Gaillard/FA-Sweezy-Wirfs.

That right side would be nasty, Wirfs and Sweezy are both real tough.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wirfs is a monster.

Seriously. He dominates nearly everyone he goes against.

Like I said, I dont care if he stays at RT....hes going to be really good.

Humphries-Pugh-Cole/Gaillard/FA-Sweezy-Wirfs.

That right side would be nasty, Wirfs and Sweezy are both real tough.

Monster no. Good yes. I think Thomas is pretty much regarded as the better of the two.

Honestly if we pick 5-10 range I’d want Brown or Thomas first then Wirfs. But Wirfs ahead of any WR. We are just so freaking bad up front it’s to the point we have no choice

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it does seem like that first pick represents a real fork in the road:

This is a really good WR class, with the top of it being very high end -- Jeudy, Lamb and Ruggs would give the Cardinals the true #1 threat. FWIW: I have Ruggs as the best of the group.

After that, there are good prospects but not the kind that scare defenses.

if the Cards win 2 more games ( and we are getting into the time of year where unanticipated results really start happening: like the Dolphins beating the Eagles last week) -- i could see Wirfs and Thomas (and Brown the DT) all being gone by #11 or so. One of the WRs might be the clear best player at that spot.

The OT class seems deep. After Thomas and Wirfs, it seems like there are 5-8 guys who are ranked 15-50, and the order is different depending on who is doing the ranking ( example: some have Austin Jackson of USC in the 1st round, some have him in the late 2nd). It feels like if you go anything other than OT in round 1, you better get one of the 2nd tier guys in the 2nd.

that means you spend 1st and 2nd on offense-- a "build on your strength" kinda draft.

and i sure hope the D had been addressed in FA at that point.
Whichever way they go with their first FA signing in March will go a long way in deciding who we draft with our 1st pick imo.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

Isaiah Simmons

, LB
    Clemson

Raekwon Davis

, IDL
    Alabama

J.K. Dobbins

, RB
    Ohio State

Damien Lewis

, IOL
    LSU

Devin Duvernay

, WR
    Texas

David Reese II

, LB
    Florida

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Cardinals make a surprise pick, but it fills a huge need. Chaisson has world class ability getting to the QB and compliments Jones' power game with unadulterated speed.

Round 2, the Cardinals grab a playmaker at TE for Kyler Murray. Hopkins has the making of a seem buster and should grab significant attention from LBs and safeties, opening up easier catches for the Cardinals bevy of young receivers.

Round 3, the Cardinals add more depth to the defensive back field by adding a true playmaker with strong NFL bloodlines. With Baker and Jalen Thompson in tow, the Cardinals need a safety who can make plays on the ball and add on of the best coverage safeties in the draft.

Round 4 the Cardinals gamble on a former top LT prospect who has battled back from injuries. Trey Adams is a monster of a man, and will initially be tried at RT since he has had some struggles at times against quick edge rushers.

With Arizona's last two picks, the Cardinals add RB depth to compliment RBs Drake and Edmonds and an intriguing DE candidate. Gipson is a bigger back who is a load to take down in the open field. Naquan Jones is a jumbo DE who is strong and quick and should immediately factor into the DE rotation.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
krang:

if that really happened, this board would utterly melt down

the first three picks are........ hmmmmm

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Isaiah Simmons

, LB
    Clemson

Raekwon Davis

, IDL
    Alabama

J.K. Dobbins

, RB
    Ohio State

Damien Lewis

, IOL
    LSU

Devin Duvernay

, WR
    Texas

David Reese II

, LB
    Florida
I really like the Dobbins pick!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

Round 3, the Cardinals add more depth to the defensive back field by adding a true playmaker with strong NFL bloodlines. With Baker and Jalen Thompson in tow, the Cardinals need a safety who can make plays on the ball and add on of the best coverage safeties in the draft.

Like the idea of adding A. Winfield Jr. if there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
krang:

if that really happened, this board would utterly melt down

the first three picks are........ hmmmmm

Chaisson had MASSIVE potential. The elephant in the room is that the Cardinals need another real pass rusher.

Hopkins would step in an be the 3rd best receiver on the Cardinals. He is a match up weapon; too quick for LBs and too big for safeties.

Winfield is the type of player the Cardinals need st FS.

As far as how the board would react, I would laugh because this would be a massive steal for the Cardinals. Each pick was nearly a round later than they were supposed to go. You could argue it's a tad early for Chaisson, but I wouldnt be shocked if he went BEFORE 8. He is that talented.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What’s his weight and more importantly what can he get down to? His feet look better than a guy like DJ Fluker...

I like Wills better than Wirfs. I think Wills is stronger and has better feet/technique.

I wouldn't take either one in the top 10 as RT's (which they are IMO).

I will take it one step further...

I like Mekhi Becton better than Wirfs.

Watch Mekhi Becton RT for Louisville today at 4pm EST.

6-7 and 368 pounds!

Played LT and RT vs Alabama below (2018)

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here he is vs Clemson in 2019

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no issue with people banging the drum for Becton. I think the arguments for him and Wirfs are similar. Athletic freaks who you think have the potential to be special. I would say they both have that over Thomas and Wills. The rumor behind Thomas's "drop" is that he has slow feet and is just not very athletic.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
What’s his weight and more importantly what can he get down to? His feet look better than a guy like DJ Fluker...

6-7, 360.

Freak athlete for his size. The reason you will see him likely jump to the front over the next few months is because he has Bryant McKinnie-like traits.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have no issue with people banging the drum for Becton. I think the arguments for him and Wirfs are similar. Athletic freaks who you think have the potential to be special. I would say they both have that over Thomas and Wills. The rumor behind Thomas's "drop" is that he has slow feet and is just not very athletic.

I'm starting to think Becton should be the pick, but there is a chance he is gone before we pick.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Becton was a basketball player who started focusing solely on football in college.

The reason he is a bit of a sleeper among the layman but not by scouts in the know, is that he really came on this year and he is only a junior.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/all-aboard--the-mekhi-becton-hype-train-is-leaving-the-station

One of the things the Cardinals should take into account with any player they select in the top ten is whether that player has SPECIAL traits. That's how you hit big on a top ten pick, take a player who can become great.

Becton easily has more special traits than Thomas, Wills, or Wirfs. As Chopper is relating, fans are higher on Thomas than scouts. Thomas isnt viewed as having great feet and he sets up too wide in his pass sets. Becton is much larger, but may have the best feet of all of the top prospects. Becton also has incredible upper body strength, which is why he rag dolls DEs regularly.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My picks post Senior Bowl:

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA