OT - Kobe Bryant dead

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shocking news. Reportedly in a helicopter crash with 4 others in California.

Just heard his daughter was on board too.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Speechless... Kobe was on a path toward becoming more influential and great than he was on the court... What a tragic, tragic loss. I can’t begin to imagine what his wife is going through right now.
RIP Kobe, Gianna and the rest of those who perished... [emoji3525]

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts go out to his wife and remaining children on their loss. Also to the families of the other victims.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even as a Brit who not a Bball fan I found this shocking.

Just so sad. Kobe seemed like a straight up great guy who had earned a long life of happiness with a beautiful family. So tragic to see that ripped apart just travelling to a game for his girl.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not trying to paint him as a Saint at all. But he was a good dad and a good person, but with his flaws like most people. It's always tragic when any family is torn apart like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really Cuozzo? What is the world supposed to do? Not say anything about one of the greatest athletes that ever lived? No one's perfect fam. You don't like him that's fine, but this is a bit much IMO and way too soon. But do you.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Apparently they had sex and it was consensual. Had she not had DNA from different men on her clothes it might’ve given her a better chance to pursue a full trial. Paying someone off doesn’t always constitute guilt either...

He may be an cornholio and he’s definitely a cheater although I’m not sure where you’re getting the 100 women (which could be true I suppose) other than assumption.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I don't know about the validity of the "hundreds of women" that Kobe may or may not have slept with. And we all know about equally well the public record on the Colorado rape case. But I do agree with Cuozzo about this part of his quote:

I've become increasingly frustrated with society and how we glorify athletes and celebrities - make them so much bigger and better than everyone else.

I didn't personally know Kobe Bryant... whether he was a good guy or bad guy or something in between. I would venture that 99.9% of everybody who is lionizing him posthumously knows no more about him personally than I do.

I do know he was really good at playing basketball, and really famous for it. And I would likewise guess that is also the REAL reason 99.9% of the people who didn't know him are imputing qualities to him he may or may not have really possessed.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know about the validity of the "hundreds of women" that Kobe may or may not have slept with. And we all know about equally well the public record on the Colorado rape case. But I do agree with Cuozzo about this part of his quote:

I didn't personally know Kobe Bryant... whether he was a good guy or bad guy or something in between. I would venture that 99.9% of everybody who is lionizing him posthumously knows no more about him personally than I do.

I do know he was really good at playing basketball, and really famous for it. And I would likewise guess that is also the REAL reason 99.9% of the people who didn't know him are imputing qualities to him he may or may not have really possessed.

That is a really good post

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose