Suns @ Spurs Friday game thread 1-24-20

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is is being critical about James Jones? Or about another in-house Sarver puppet,
with no experience, being thrust into an important job?

Jones has an instant alibi. I want to see a General Manager who doesn't need an alibi.

And to keep comparing the Suns to last season ... or the past decade ... does not work.
Being better than piss poor is not good enough. Especially when you consider our
status right now.

Booker having to play an entire 4th quarter, then bricking a 3-point attempt to avoid
needing him in overtime, especially with Oubre having fouled out, is not ahead of last
year.

It is, as I posted after the game, desperation. The Suns are in a state of desperation.

Very difficult on the puppet GM. Very difficult on the coach. Very difficult on the players.
Very difficult on the fans.

In all honesty, who are the only ones for whom it is not difficult? Uh, the investors who
stepped into a trillion dollar windfall.

If anyone disagrees with that, please detail why.

Two things. He wants to prove himself. It’s human nature and I can’t imagine Jones coming in and blowing up the roster and throwing a ton of noodles at the wall made him sit easy for a nano second.

So I am willing to give Jones a shot. The team is way ahead of their win total. So to some degree he has already improved the team. I will give him a few seasons before completely judging him.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harper is on a 2 way. There is exactly zero chance Faried would sign a 2 way contract. Also a zero chance (and it would be moronic) Tyler gets cut before the trade deadline.

+1

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Harper is on a 2 way. There is exactly zero chance Faried would sign a 2 way contract. Also a zero chance (and it would be moronic) Tyler gets cut before the trade deadline.

Why would it be moronic? They don't intend to play him, and they don't intend to trade him. So what do they have to lose by cutting Tyler Johnson now to clear a roster spot for a big?

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Why would it be moronic? They don't intend to play him, and they don't intend to trade him. So what do they have to lose by cutting Tyler Johnson now to clear a roster spot for a big?

Because you wait the extra week and a half just in case a trade presents itself. You are the same guy that goes on and on about the Suns cutting Chandler instead of holding onto him and trying to trade him at the deadline, and now you are arguing the opposite side... once again you are becoming a parody.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because you wait the extra week and a half just in case a trade presents itself. You are the same guy that goes on and on about the Suns cutting Chandler instead of holding onto him and trying to trade him at the deadline, and now you are arguing the opposite side... once again you are becoming a parody.

It is the experience with Chandler that is motivating my thought here. As was the case with Chander, I believe it is a foregone conclusion that James Jones isn't even looking for a trade, and that the intent is just to sit on Tyler Johnson's contract and let it expire. That being the case, since Tyler Johnson isn't even getting playing time over Okobo and Carter, we might as well stop prolonging the inevitable there and use his roster spot to get some much needed front court help.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
It is the experience with Chandler that is motivating my thought here. As was the case with Chander, I believe it is a foregone conclusion that James Jones isn't even looking for a trade, and that the intent is just to sit on Tyler Johnson's contract and let it expire. That being the case, since Tyler Johnson isn't even getting playing time over Okobo and Carter, we might as well stop prolonging the inevitable there and use his roster spot to get some much needed front court help.

The smart move is to still wait the extra 10 just in case something presents itself at the trade deadline.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The smart move is to still wait the extra 10 just in case something presents itself at the trade deadline.

Considering that Jones hasn't even admitted that this team has a need anywhere that isn't already filled on the roster, what makes you think he will do anything even if something does present itself?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA