2019 Offseason

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You really want the sub-.200-hitting, no defending Lamb being our regular starting third baseman?

If that's the case, we might as well unload Ahmed, Bumgarner, Bradley and Ray now. If Lamb gets 500 at-bats, this team isn't winning 65 games, let alone 75.

Where did I say I wanted that? This regime has played him at 3B well over 200 games, saw what they saw yet tendered him... I don’t have an answer here.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
New fear: Three man platoon at 2B and 3B. Against lefties, Dozier at 2B and Escobar at 3B; Against righties, Escobar at 2B and Lamb at 3B.

In addition to it not being effective overall, expect it to take its toll on Escobar and risk injury there.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where did I say I wanted that? This regime has played him at 3B well over 200 games, saw what they saw yet tendered him... I don’t have an answer here.

I have no clue why they tendered Lamb, either. He is actually WORSE than the Valaika/Vargas/Rojas/Young/Leyba group...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I have no clue why they tendered Lamb, either. He is actually WORSE than the Valaika/Vargas/Rojas/Young/Leyba group...

To get a draft pick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
  • You must be registered for see images attach

MOOKIE BETTSOF, BOSTON RED SOX
    You must be registered for see images attach

Alex Speier of the Boston Globe reports that the Red Sox "remain engaged" with the Padres and Dodgers on trade talks involving Mookie Betts.
    Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic says that the Diamondbacks have also shown interest in Betts. Speier notes that ongoing trade talks with multiple clubs "is not a guarantee that Betts will be dealt," but the Red Sox' willingness to consider parting with the former MVP "appears serious." He adds that the Dodgers are "almost certain to make a significant push" to sign Betts in free agency, but they certainly have incentive to try to land the star outfielder now as they attempt to get over the hump and end their World Series drought. The Dodgers were in on Gerrit Cole, Stephen Strasburg and Anthony Rendon, so their appetite to acquire a marquee player is clearly there. As far as the Padres go, trading for Betts would be a bold move for a franchise that hasn't even won 80 games since 2010.

RELATED: SOURCE: Boston Globe
    Jan 26, 2020, 1:49 PM ET

Hmmm. Extreme long shot, but the first encouraging report about the Diamondbacks' efforts I have heard in a number of days. Fingers crossed...

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Silly for two reasons:

- We’re not trading the farm for one year of Betts

- If we’re not trading the farm it means we’re taking David Price which we can’t afford

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Silly for two reasons:

- We’re not trading the farm for one year of Betts

- If we’re not trading the farm it means we’re taking David Price which we can’t afford

Still better than the alternatives presented by recent reports (a three-man platoon at 2B and 3B between Escobar, Lamb and Dozier; or trotting out Valaika, Vargas, Rojas, Leyba and/or Young at 2B)...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You really want the sub-.200-hitting, no defending Lamb being our regular starting third baseman?

If that's the case, we might as well unload Ahmed, Bumgarner, Bradley and Ray now. If Lamb gets 500 at-bats, this team isn't winning 65 games, let alone 75.

I am not high on Lamb but this feels like an extreme overreaction if Lamb gets 500 ABs.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am not high on Lamb but this feels like an extreme overreaction if Lamb gets 500 ABs.

Then you haven't been paying attention to how horrible he has been the last two and a half seasons, both behind the plate and in the field. They are better off trotting out the awful Vargas at 3B than giving Lamb more opportunities to bring the team down.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then you haven't been paying attention to how horrible he has been the last two and a half seasons, both behind the plate and in the field. They are better off trotting out the awful Vargas at 3B than giving Lamb more opportunities to bring the team down.

I have, in fact, been paying attention and I even said I am not high on Lamb. I simply stated that you going off how one guy getting 500 ABs turns this team into a 65 win group. That, to me, is the very essence of overreaction to a high degree.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have, in fact, been paying attention and I even said I am not high on Lamb. I simply stated that you going off how one guy getting 500 ABs turns this team into a 65 win group. That, to me, is the very essence of overreaction to a high degree.

When you consider that Torey insists on batting him in the middle of the order, he has rally-killer written all over him. And his defense is getting progressively worse.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Still better than the alternatives presented by recent reports (a three-man platoon at 2B and 3B between Escobar, Lamb and Dozier; or trotting out Valaika, Vargas, Rojas, Leyba and/or Young at 2B)...

I get it. Anthony Banda and Braden Shipley were considered great prospects at one point. History says most of them flame out but for only one year of Mookie isn’t reasonable. If it was 2-3 years remaining you could sell the farm for an elite player.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro (@nickpiecoro)
1/27/20, 12:21 PM
⁦‪@Gambo987‬⁩ Assuming they're able to complete this deal, it would mean Ketel Marte moves back to second base. The Diamondbacks' lineup could look something like this:
1. K. Marte
2. S. Marte
3. Escobar
4. Peralta
5. Walker
6. Calhoun
7. Kelly
8. Ahmed

I am thinking:

1. S. Marte
2. Peralta
3. K. Marte