The "I was wrong" thread

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
- Saw Ryan Williams make a move in the Red & White game and was convinced we had a franchise RB

- Thought Andre Ellington was the next Jamal Charles

- Thought Beanie Wells was the next Deuce McAllister

- Thought the David Johnson extension was a good move

- Don’t think we should re-sign Kenyon Drake

So based on my history of RB takes we should absolutely re-sigh Drake!

If you were a fan long enough and also thought Leeland McElroy was a All Pro... then I am backing up the Brinks truck for Drake :raccoon:
You must be registered for see images attach

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Simeon Rice. That line was awesome.
Actually Swann had deteriorated badly by 1998 when Wadsworth, theoretically to replace Swann. Swann started only 5 games in ‘98 & none in ‘99. By 2000 he was in Carolina. Rashod Swinger & Jerry Drake were the starters for most of ‘99. Seems like Smith was hurt quite a bit of ‘99

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I generally don't get involved in crowning any draft picks. That just seems like a sure fire way to be wrong.

I'll go to bat for or against guys before the draft. Like I'm not a fan of CeeDee, I really like Becton, I don't like Gross-Matos etc but when it comes to our picks I rarely say "this guy will be great". The fact that Keim picked them automatically makes me dubious.

I'm more of a value guy. For example, I thought Isabella was a terrible pick in the 2nd, he was a late 3rd or early 4th guy all day long. He might come good but the spot was bad value. Opposite with Butler, I thought in the 4th was great value. Again he might not work out but the value was good based on his skill set coming out.

But when you consider we could have had DK in the 2nd and Mack Wilson in the 4th everything seems crap.

So the use of 'generally' means you do have some draft picks which you are exited about and think to yourself we just drafted a winner, and you had a strong compulsion to list some of those guys you were wrong on but pride held you back... come on, just between your ASFN family, give us one guy that really left you disgruntle just a bit lol

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So the use of 'generally' means you do have some draft picks which you are exited about and think to yourself we just drafted a winner, and you had a strong compulsion to list some of those guys you were wrong on but pride held you back... come on, just between your ASFN family, give us one guy that really left you disgruntle just a bit lol

I honestly can't think of anyone I was hot on pre draft that we have ever drafted!

There are some I didn't like that we took. Wasn't a Hump fan due to injuries. Or a Diche fan. Or a Reddick fan. Or an Isabella fan.

Runs to check... Badger. I liked Badger pre draft. And I thought Troy Niklas would be good.

Of course I don't have an opinion on every player :)

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I don't know, my wife told me to come in here and post on this thread lol

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Andre Wadsworth was a stud. Had he not had cartilage issues in his knee.........? Then had the controversial "micro fracture" surgery. He was never the same after that. That DL was amazing. Eric Swann, Mark Smith & Wadsworth in 98. Can't remember the 4th guy on that DL though?
Simeon rice.

Skipper1111

Rookie
Reaction score
David Johnson in my opinion isn't good, maybe occasionally makes a play, but I would trade him for a pick. Our leadership has made many bad picks over the years, hopefully that trend changes starting now. We have many needs!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I generally don't get involved in crowning any draft picks. That just seems like a sure fire way to be wrong.

I'll go to bat for or against guys before the draft. Like I'm not a fan of CeeDee, I really like Becton, I don't like Gross-Matos etc but when it comes to our picks I rarely say "this guy will be great". The fact that Keim picked them automatically makes me dubious.

I'm more of a value guy. For example, I thought Isabella was a terrible pick in the 2nd, he was a late 3rd or early 4th guy all day long. He might come good but the spot was bad value. Opposite with Butler, I thought in the 4th was great value. Again he might not work out but the value was good based on his skill set coming out.

But when you consider we could have had DK in the 2nd and Mack Wilson in the 4th everything seems crap.
So basically you don’t want to commit and risk being wrong. It’s okay to praise, regret, or doubt players we chose. It’s the fun part of the draft.

We can brag when we are right and admit when we are wrong.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
David Johnson in my opinion isn't good, maybe occasionally makes a play, but I would trade him for a pick. Our leadership has made many bad picks over the years, hopefully that trend changes starting now. We have many needs!
We know. The thread is about when YOU were wrong.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So basically you don’t want to commit and risk being wrong. It’s okay to praise, regret, or doubt players we chose. It’s the fun part of the draft.

We can brag when we are right and admit when we are wrong.

Its not that. There are 250 players and I don't think anyone has an opinion on all of them right?

I have players I like and don't like pre draft, but Keim seems to draft from the "no opinion" pile.

When it gets closer I'll put some down for future prosperity.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was wrong about Jaleel Scott. Former NMSU Aggie has failed to do anything for the Baltimore Ravens.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose