AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
This should easily win the Academy for best cinematography. Fantastic film.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
It didn't hold up as well on my second viewing. Some truly great camera work here..... and the night scenes and finale still blow me away.

But once the schtick wears off it loses some rewatchability IMO

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It didn't hold up as well on my second viewing. Some truly great camera work here..... and the night scenes and finale still blow me away.

But once the schtick wears off it loses some rewatchability IMO

ha! I was actually just about to post the same thing. literally... everything above from the night scenes to the finale. But yeah, even seeing it for the first time on the big screen a couple weeks ago, I wasn't as taken with it as I was the first time at home.

it's still a very good movie and impeccably well made, but it loses a little of it's fastball second time around.

after seeing the second time, it cemented The Irishman as the best movie of the year for me. I was beyond impressed the first time I saw it and have rewatched once, getting more engrossed in it and have even watched bits and pieces of it for a patchwork third viewing as well. It's a harrowing tale of regret.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Just saw it I thought it was great. Not my favorite movie of the year but definitely deserves an Oscar for Mendes (director) as well as cinematography. Highly recommend.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My brother bailed on me twice. I need to see this.