The "I was wrong" thread

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think we need one where people are not just jostling for when they were right, plus this is thread I can do well at haha

Yeah, I thought Leinart was a great pick but now see that my initial thought of keeping Rosen was wrong with how Kyler has performed as a rookie. I was so so with the give David Johnson a chance but consider myself wrong for entertaining the idea because DJ simply does not know how to block worth a crap to give an honest variety of utilizing his WR skills in a innovative offense. I was wrong in thinking that KeeSean Johnson so far was the best WR from our draft when he seemed to fail to touch the field when we found a more heavy set formation which worked for us. I was completely loco in my observation that DJ Swearinger was that attitude catalyst which could also provide a skill set to solidify our secondary... I would have also said I was wrong about Pat P and agree with Mitch but damn Peterson bawled his last few games and will hold onto any source of accuracy I can

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we need one where people are not just jostling for when they were right, plus this is thread I can do well at haha

Yeah, I thought Leinart was a great pick but now see that my initial thought of keeping Rosen was wrong with how Kyler has performed as a rookie. I was so so with the give David Johnson a chance but consider myself wrong for entertaining the idea because DJ simply does not know how to block worth a crap to give an honest variety of utilizing his WR skills in a innovative offense. I was wrong in thinking that KeeSean Johnson so far was the best WR from our draft when he seemed to fail to touch the field when we found a more heavy set formation which worked for us. I was completely loco in my observation that DJ Swearinger was that attitude catalyst which could also provide a skill set to solidify our secondary... I would have also said I was wrong about Pat P and agree with Mitch but damn Peterson bawled his last few games and will hold onto any source of accuracy I can
Well I got to say I’m right there with you on every player. Add Issabella to my list. I still think there is a chance for him to contribute in many ways but until he does....I was wrong!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought Hump would be good if he could stay healthy.

I thought drafting Kyler and moving on from Rosen would be crazy. The whole idea of consecutive 1st round QBs for an undersized QB from that scheme fried my circuits.

I thought Sam Bradford would be a good bridge.

I defended Keim all the way up to the Wilks season.

I'm sure there are a bunch more I've blanked out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thought Harlan Miller would’ve been a big steal.

Thought Markus Golden was a huge reach.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Thought Nkemdiche would work out at the time. Too many other interests beside being great and dedicated on the field.

Still think Zach Allen will of he stays healthy.

Liked the Butler pick last year too. Not looking good at all there.

I defended the Niche too on draft day lol

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JOSH MCCOWN IS THE ANSWER

Leinart is the next Joe Montana.

Rosen will take us to the Jewper Bowl (although that was just more having fun with my judaism angle than true belief. I really wanted Lamar Jackson!)

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I was totally wrong about Leinart. I let my love for the number 7 (Mickey Mantle) blind me. (and I bought his jersey).

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Leinart, Bryant Johnson, Rosen, Alex Okafor (although he has had a good career to date), Bobbie Massie, Rob Housler.

On the other side of the ledger, did not like Niche, Michael Floyd, Beanie Wells.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Leinart's probably the #1. In more recent history I thought Rosen was the best QB in that draft, McCoy would be a decent OC, Cousins would be a good move for the team to acquire, and I loved Beanie Wells.

Where it stands today I was also wrong about Christian Kirk.

Players that I thought would be bad but ended up proving me wrong with good play: Kurt Warner (I essentially personally slighted him one time but I don't think he would have realized it unless he was watching me and listening), Deone Bucannon (even though he slipped over time).

KM has played better than I anticipated, but has a long way to go before I say I was wrong.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have way too many to count.

One that really irks me is that I liked Connor Cook. I discounted how much his teammates disliked him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leinart's probably the #1. In more recent history I thought Rosen was the best QB in that draft, McCoy would be a decent OC, Cousins would be a good move for the team to acquire, and I loved Beanie Wells.

Where it stands today I was also wrong about Christian Kirk.

Players that I thought would be bad but ended up proving me wrong with good play: Kurt Warner (I essentially personally slighted him one time but I don't think he would have realized it unless he was watching me and listening), Deone Bucannon (even though he slipped over time).

KM has played better than I anticipated, but has a long way to go before I say I was wrong.
Good Lord, really???

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Wadsworth. I thought Jonathan Cooper was going to be an all pro. I was super stoked for Leinart. I wanted Rivers instead of Fitz.....gulp.... Thomas Jones was going to solve our run game problem....

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Did not want to draft Murray, thought he was too small and liked Rosen anyway. Also didn't want to draft Bosa, thought he was injury prone. Really wanted Quinnen Williams with the first pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave