Pro Wrestling

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dave Meltzer reported last week that Nia Jax is close to returning and a return at the Rumble would fit in the timetable for her in-ring return. PWInsider is reporting that Jax is indeed scheduled to be in Houston this weekend so it looks like she could be a surprise entrant in the Women’s Rumble match. Jax has been out of action since last April due to ACL tears.

Another WWE star that hasn’t been on television for quite a while is Ruby Riott. PWInsider is reporting that she is also scheduled to be in Houston this weekend so it looks like her return is imminent. Riott has been out of action since May because of a shoulder injury. She has been working out at the WWE Performance Center in recent weeks.

There are plenty of slots to be filled for the Women’s Rumble match so you can expect several returns and surprises from the past. I was told that several of the women from NXT will also be in the match with Shayna Baszler being one of the favorites to win everything.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/more-potential-spoilers-on-wwe-royal-rumble-returns/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
A big six-man tag team match has been announced for the Royal Rumble go-home edition of WWE Friday Night SmackDown.

On Friday night, it will be Roman Reigns teaming up with The Usos against the team of King Corbin, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode. This match will happen just a couple of days before Reigns will take on Corbin in a Falls Count Anywhere match at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.

WWE has also announced that Daniel Bryan and Bray Wyatt will meet face-to-face for their Universal Championship contract signing. Wyatt and Bryan will wrestle in a Strap Match on Sunday night at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/6...ing-announced-for-wwe-friday-night-smackdown/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There have been denials for weeks from Edge about being cleared for in-ring action. He has also been denying that he has plans to wrestle again.

However, I just confirmed with two sources that Edge is scheduled to be in Houston this Sunday night, the site of the Royal Rumble pay-per-view. The source I spoke to did not know what Edge would be doing on the show but it looks likely that he will be a surprise entrant in the Men’s Royal Rumble match.

As previously noted, The Wrestling Observer Newsletter’s Dave Meltzer was the first to report a few months ago that Edge signed a new multi-year deal with WWE. People I spoke with are under the belief that Edge will be wrestling a limited schedule, similar to Brock Lesnar.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/major-name-scheduled-to-be-in-houston-for-wwe-royal-rumble-ppv/

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
“I think something along the ways that if he wants to keep feuding and going a step further, I’m willing to put my mask on the line versus his hair for a WrestleMania moment,” Rey revealed. “Whatever the case might be, whoever ends up winning, I think it would be a huge stepping stone for either of us. As far as moments, I really would love to relive a Royal Rumble moment, being that I hold the record right now for having the longest time in a Rumble match. These moments stick in my mind and heart. You always want to become better than you were yesterday.”

Andrade will make his next title defense against Humberto Carrillo at the Royal Rumble.
https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/r...ick-match-against-andrade-at-wrestlemania-36/

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watching the Rumble. I am hoping for an Edge or Punk appearance and hopeful win