Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Marc Stein
@TheSteinLine
· 1h
Andre Drummond and Steven Adams are the big-name bigs available, but among the most intriguing is Aron Baynes. The Suns are not shopping Baynes, league sources say, but they have also not ruled out moving him before the Feb. 6 deadline if a team meets their trade price

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Under the right circumstances I am ok with trading Baynes - but who exactly is going to play backup center if we trade him?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Under the right circumstances I am ok with trading Baynes - but who exactly is going to play backup center if we trade him?
I love what how he stepped in for Ayton, but Baynes' stamina and health have him missing a lot of time.

So the question is . . . who exactly is going to play backup center if we keep him?

I wish that weren't the case.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns shouldn't be shy about shopping Baynes or putting together a package that includes KO or MB in a package if it fills some holes on the team. I would hate to lose KO or MB because they are so young and going to get better but there are too many holes for this team to fill right now. I hope they are active. Naturally I would prefer to hang onto some guys and be more creative but I have my doubts about this FO being able to pull anything off.

Sorry to say but James Jones didn't have as many noodles stick to the wall that he hoped.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Suns shouldn't be shy about shopping Baynes or putting together a package that includes KO or MB in a package if it fills some holes on the team. I would hate to lose KO or MB because they are so young and going to get better but there are too many holes for this team to fill right now. I hope they are active.

Sorry to say but James Jones didn't have as many noodles stick to the wall that he hoped.

Especially with how the Suns are playing and their current direction, there is zero chance Oubre sticks around after next season, anyway. I would be shopping him actively right now.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Especially with how the Suns are playing and their current direction, there is zero chance Oubre sticks around after next season, anyway. I would be shopping him actively right now.

I don't know about that. Oubre wants to win. If the Suns show some signs of life I could see us resigning him. He wants to be here. Winning cures everything.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't know about that. Oubre wants to win. If the Suns show some signs of life I could see us resigning him. He wants to be here. Winning cures everything.

Indeed...but with this team's current direction, and knowing how inept James Jones is at building an NBA roster, do you honestly see enough winning occurring between now and this time next year such that Oubre continues to want to be here?...

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Indeed...but with this team's current direction, and knowing how inept James Jones is at building an NBA roster, do you honestly see enough winning occurring between now and this time next year such that Oubre continues to want to be here?...

I honestly think the team is one good player away from making the playoffs on a regular basis. I am not saying I am overly confident that he can pull it off but I am willing to give him a shot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I honestly think the team is one good player away from making the playoffs on a regular basis. I am not saying I am overly confident that he can pull it off but I am willing to give him a shot.

We gave him a shot last offseason. He all but killed the franchise.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
What type of “good?” Booker good? Oubre good? Rubio good?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What type of “good?” Booker good? Oubre good? Rubio good?

Good question. I guess it’s a subjective statement. I don’t mean all star but someone consistent. Saric isn’t good at all. We have no good backup PG. fill either of those and I bet we would get in.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns could be sellers at trade deadline.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns could be sellers at trade deadline.

unfortunately, they waited too long with Baynes and he completely fell apart. can't imagine they could get more than a 2nd rounder for him at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unfortunately, they waited too long with Baynes and he completely fell apart. can't imagine they could get more than a 2nd rounder for him at this point.

There are persistent rumors the Clippers are interested in Baynes.

If the Suns could acquire Zubac or a first round pick from the Clippers I would do it already. Zubac is under contract for several more years at a reasonable salary.

I prefer Zubac.

Harrell, even though he is expiring contract, would be someone to consider as well.

It would give the Suns a chance to see what a power player looks like next to Ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't understand how someone thinks trading a young improving good player like oubre or Bridges is a good idea.

What other young guy is it you think is available - because that is the only way it should be considered.

The way out of our current position is through getting lucky in the draft - that is really the only thing that is going to work.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harrell, even though he is expiring contract, would be someone to consider as well.

come on... why would you even bring Harrell up? He's the heart and soul of that teams bench. There's no freaking way he'd even be a consideration for the Clippers to deal for a 15 minute guy like Baynes who doesn't even look like he can contribute that much at this point.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
come on... why would you even bring Harrell up? He's the heart and soul of that teams bench. There's no freaking way he'd even be a consideration for the Clippers to deal for a 15 minute guy like Baynes who doesn't even look like he can contribute that much at this point.

I doubt the Clippers trade Harrell but I've seen his name mentioned in rumors.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

for someone like Baynes? or for a bigger trade? People are drinking drano if they think the Clippers are trading their best big man for Baynes or anyone Baynes-esque.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I guess it's an open question whether they'll choose to afford him this off-season. The Clippers figure to be major luxury tax payers, and it's entirely likely that Harkless* could command a huge deal -- $100M/4yr wouldn't surprise me, if he hits the open market. Given that he's feuding with his coach, it's possible they'd want to cash him in now rather than wrestle with the prospect of parting ways this summer.

*Edit: Actually I meant to write Harrell here. Harkless could also be expensive, but probably not in the same range as Harrell.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess it's an open question whether they'll choose to afford him this off-season. The Clippers figure to be major luxury tax payers, and it's entirely likely that Harkless could command a huge deal -- $100M/4yr wouldn't surprise me, if he hits the open market. Given that he's feuding with his coach, it's possible they'd want to cash him in now rather than wrestle with the prospect of parting ways this summer.

but for a guy like Baynes?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
for someone like Baynes? or for a bigger trade? People are drinking drano if they think the Clippers are trading their best big man for Baynes or anyone Baynes-esque.

You know how trade rumors go. Most of them are speculation by writers with time on their hands.

However, Baynes' name is out there. It has been connected with the Clippers for awhile. I sincerely doubt Harrell is going anywhere.