OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
1/22/20, 4:05 PM
Sources: The Mavs have touched base with Joakim Noah as they search for center depth in the wake of Dwight Powell's season-ending injury. Dallas has concerns about Noah's health and is considering several other options, including G League and overseas players.

While the Suns remain quiet.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)
1/22/20, 4:05 PM
Sources: The Mavs have touched base with Joakim Noah as they search for center depth in the wake of Dwight Powell's season-ending injury. Dallas has concerns about Noah's health and is considering several other options, including G League and overseas players.

They can have Dario Saric. :p

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
While the Suns remain quiet.

James Jones's M.O. Not intelligent or motivated enough to make any proactive efforts, no matter how severe the need, instead waiting until he has no choice but to approach deals relatively.

See, e.g., the Ariza/Brooks/Oubre situation, the Rozier/Rubio situation, and the two-way spot that sat empty for 4 months only then to be filled by someone already on our G League roster.

Now a team with a dire need for a power forward, an open roster spot, and no effort to fill it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So disgusting. No reason for anyone to be out driving drunk - ever. His choice may have permanently altered the life of another person. Hope they throw the book at him and his insurance company pays up for the damage he has done. Too many people dismiss DUI's as no big deal, but here we are in 2020 with people being injured or killed every day due to these idiots.

Like Kreim?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's first game and he's clearly not in shape but this is NOT the same kid we saw at Duke with Zion. He's walking around like me, except I'm 54 had 3 knee surgeries and have arthritis in both knees, he's what 19?

I really hope we get to see him healthy at full strength for at least a full season next year because it sure looks like his career isn't going to be very long

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion going absolutely nuts in the 4th quarter, 17 in about 3 minutes, 4-4 from 3, single handedly brought NO back and doubled Lonzo's assist totals. He's still hobbling around but that was fun to watch. At least 3 times they had a player at the table to come in for Zion, he hit a 3, and the coach sat the player back down!

Hope we get to see this kid for a few years he's awfully fun to watch.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it's first game and he's clearly not in shape but this is NOT the same kid we saw at Duke with Zion. He's walking around like me, except I'm 54 had 3 knee surgeries and have arthritis in both knees, he's what 19?

I really hope we get to see him healthy at full strength for at least a full season next year because it sure looks like his career isn't going to be very long

I didn't watch Zion tonight but his stats look impressive.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He’s gotta stay healthy, though. With his weight and abnormal gait, it’s hard to see Zion having a long, productive career.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He’s gotta stay healthy, though. With his weight and abnormal gait, it’s hard to see Zion having a long, productive career.

And yet if his career were to end tomorrow, it still will have been more productive than those of Cam Johnson and Ty Jerome combined..

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Zion going absolutely nuts in the 4th quarter, 17 in about 3 minutes, 4-4 from 3, single handedly brought NO back and doubled Lonzo's assist totals. He's still hobbling around but that was fun to watch. At least 3 times they had a player at the table to come in for Zion, he hit a 3, and the coach sat the player back down!

Hope we get to see this kid for a few years he's awfully fun to watch.

How damning for Ben Simmons that Zion has made two more 3’s than his entire career. :lol:

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And yet if his career were to end tomorrow, it still will have been more productive than those of Cam Johnson and Ty Jerome combined..

Your inability to have discourse beyond your specific hatreds is... truly sad.

Branch out a little. Try, just once, making a post and not including some inane hyperbole about some player you hate or some imagined garbage.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch Zion tonight but his stats look impressive.

Oh his 4th quarter was brilliant. I don't think it's sustainable all 4 of his 3's were line drives that went in, he's not shooting 4-4 from three very often IMO, but it was fun. He's still a big quick athletic kid. Had a nice catch and layin off a lob from Lonzo, got another post feed from Lonzo where he got the ball poked away but gathered it back and laid it in. but he went nuts because he made those 3's which I doubt will be a regular part of his game.

He always walked and ran a bit odd, lots of people pointed that out before but last night he just looked like he was still in quite a bit of pain.

Was really fun to watch, I hope he gets healthy and has a great career but he sure looks like it's going to be a short career if he doesn't lean out. Mark Jackson and Van Gundy said it repeatedly, if you haven't stood next to him you can't appreciate how big he is, in a league of huge men, he is enormous and he needs to lean out. he's not in basketball shape right now, not surprisingly, but he's gotta lean out even more or it appears to me he won't have a long career.

I'm pulling for him he's so fun to watch

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh his 4th quarter was brilliant. I don't think it's sustainable all 4 of his 3's were line drives that went in, he's not shooting 4-4 from three very often IMO, but it was fun. He's still a big quick athletic kid. Had a nice catch and layin off a lob from Lonzo, got another post feed from Lonzo where he got the ball poked away but gathered it back and laid it in. but he went nuts because he made those 3's which I doubt will be a regular part of his game.

He always walked and ran a bit odd, lots of people pointed that out before but last night he just looked like he was still in quite a bit of pain.

Was really fun to watch, I hope he gets healthy and has a great career but he sure looks like it's going to be a short career if he doesn't lean out. Mark Jackson and Van Gundy said it repeatedly, if you haven't stood next to him you can't appreciate how big he is, in a league of huge men, he is enormous and he needs to lean out. he's not in basketball shape right now, not surprisingly, but he's gotta lean out even more or it appears to me he won't have a long career.

I'm pulling for him he's so fun to watch

Appreciate the recap. I hope to watch him soon.

No doubt the Suns would have drafted him #1 if the lottery had been kind. Morant is looking like he will have the better career.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, would you have selected Zion or Morant if the Suns landed #1?

In retrospect I would choose Morant if that were the choice.

I think you still take Zion becuase of the ceiling. That said they did say last night they were split and that there are many NBA people who now given the chance would take Morant because of how good he is, and now the concerns about Zion and injury.

Probably mentioned before they also showed pics, he and Morant were on the same AAU team one year, Zion was a freshman in HS and Morant a soph I think they said, Zion was nowhere near as huge but was apparently already considered a great prospect.

I am really pulling for him seems like a great kid. it was odd even guys on the Spurs seemed to be pulling for him like they get how special this kid can be if he stays healthy. But man at times he just looked like an old man hobbling around I sure hope they aren't rushing him. Played about 4 minutes first 3 quarters and then a bit longer in the 4th.

He had 17 in just over 3 minutes in the burst in the 4th but again I don't see him making 4 threes in a game very often. Had 5-6 turnovers was clearly getting his feet wet.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Knowing what you know now, would you have selected Zion or Morant if the Suns landed #1?

In retrospect I would choose Morant if that were the choice.
That’s a difficult discussion bc you have the benefit of seeing morant translate whereas we have no opportunity to see Zion. I guess you have to decide if you think zions injury is a precursor like Blake or an anomaly like Simmons or embiid. There’s seemingly more risk with Zion but likely also more upside. Guess it’s a risk/reward determination. Now I think I’d go risk averse with morant but that’s also because he fills a big need for us. But that doesn’t mean I think he’s more likely to have a superior career as your post stated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s a difficult discussion bc you have the benefit of seeing morant translate whereas we have no opportunity to see Zion. I guess you have to decide if you think zions injury is a precursor like Blake or an anomaly like Simmons or embiid. There’s seemingly more risk with Zion but likely also more upside. Guess it’s a risk/reward determination. Now I think I’d go risk averse with morant but that’s also because he fills a big need for us. But that doesn’t mean I think he’s more likely to have a superior career as your post stated.

Morant is a tremendous talent at a position of need. It's hard to beat. This is taking nothing away from Zion who may end up the better player.

I think the Suns would be a much better team with a talent like Morant. The injury concern with Zion also gives Morant the edge for me.

Pre-draft like many others, I wanted Zion and Morant 1 and 2 respectively.

Hind sight is so nice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you still take Zion becuase of the ceiling. That said they did say last night they were split and that there are many NBA people who now given the chance would take Morant because of how good he is, and now the concerns about Zion and injury.

Probably mentioned before they also showed pics, he and Morant were on the same AAU team one year, Zion was a freshman in HS and Morant a soph I think they said, Zion was nowhere near as huge but was apparently already considered a great prospect.

I am really pulling for him seems like a great kid. it was odd even guys on the Spurs seemed to be pulling for him like they get how special this kid can be if he stays healthy. But man at times he just looked like an old man hobbling around I sure hope they aren't rushing him. Played about 4 minutes first 3 quarters and then a bit longer in the 4th.

He had 17 in just over 3 minutes in the burst in the 4th but again I don't see him making 4 threes in a game very often. Had 5-6 turnovers was clearly getting his feet wet.

It's hard to go wrong with either player.

With the injury concern with Zion, I think Morant would have been a better fit for the Suns long term.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When did the Pelicans sign Aaron Nelson away from Phoenix? I wonder if that was a move made because they knew Zion's health is/was an issue and they wanted to bring in a quality training staff to work with him or if David Griffin just just wanted him in New Orleans for a mini Suns reunion with Gentry as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose