Pacers @ Suns Wednesday game thread 1-22-20

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Listening to the radio this week, James Jones didn't seem to have a sense of urgency. He was asked if he was going to add anybody, and he thought this team hadn't played together enough yet to need to add someone. He wanted to give our guys a chance to play together.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Listening to the radio this week, James Jones didn't seem to have a sense of urgency. He was asked if he was going to add anybody, and he thought this team hadn't played together enough yet to need to add someone. He wanted to give our guys a chance to play together.

Might be the dumbest or slowest executive I have ever seen. Just doesn't have the intelligence for the position.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Ridiculous comment. There’s not one player doing well tonight, so **** on Ayton and write off his entire career after a string of four awesome games.
Ridiculous retort. I'm just stating his weak, futility, against more aggressive AND smaller big men.
Been a problem since he was drafted. He's weak.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
After this performance I feel like it’s time to tank.

New Orleans and Memphis are just better than the suns.

I don’t know the feeling will probably pass but this is depressing.
The Suns don't have to tank.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Ridiculous retort. I'm just stating his weak, futility, against more aggressive AND smaller big men.
Been a problem since he was drafted. He's weak.

Don’t call my retorts “ridiculous” when you proceed to prove me right in your response.

Goodness, we need smarter fans.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To add to that, in regard to trade activity, James Jones said something to the effect his involvement in trade activity is normal and he never forecasts his thinking.

TJ

Reaction score
To add to that, in regard to trade activity, James Jones said something to the effect his involvement in trade activity is normal and he never forecasts his thinking.

It’s pretty important for the GM of a team in rebuild mode to forecast the future. I hope JJ is bluffing here, because the status quo isn’t getting us far.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Don’t call my retorts “ridiculous” when you proceed to prove me right in your response.

Goodness, we need smarter fans.
How did I prove you right? Feelings hurt? My response is spot on. Ayton is a project! Not a prodigy like
so many homers believe. Deandre Ayton is weak.. Just like YOUR defense of his weak play.
I'm rooting for this kid, believe me! But to see what other members of his draft class are doing?
He is weak....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It’s pretty important for the GM of a team in rebuild mode to forecast the future. I hope JJ is bluffing here, because the status quo isn’t getting us far.
I know we clear a ton of cap space if we stay the course with the team as it is comprised now. I am wondering if that is the goal. If so, I doubt we make the playoffs this year.

TJ

Reaction score
I know we clear a ton of cap space if we stay the course with the team as it is comprised now. I am wondering if that is the goal. If so, I doubt we make the playoffs this year.

Who’s gonna willfully join this team in the off-season without being overpaid? In other words, who’s gonna be the 2020 Ricky Rubio? Jones has to hope to hit a home run in the first round of the draft and find a nice group of role players. IMO, we’re inching closer to Booker asking to be dealt

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Who’s gonna willfully join this team in the off-season without being overpaid? In other words, who’s gonna be the 2020 Ricky Rubio? Jones has to hope to hit a home run in the first round of the draft and find a nice group of role players. IMO, we’re inching closer to Booker asking to be dealt
You look at the Lakers and Clippers. We are light years from being able to match up with them.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

He doesn't have the intelligence to bluff, nor does have any incentive to do so. He really is this clueless.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's a shame if he isn't active because the Suns chances of contending for a playoff spot is slipping away.

My gut feeling, he is more reactive than proactive when it comes to trades.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We don't clear that much. Certainly not enough to throw a season away and waste trade opportunities that could better help us fill our roster. Plus that approach would assume that even if there were a star we could sign for less than the max (as we do not have the ability to clear max space), he would be willing to join this mess.

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus, Indiana social media manager.

TJ

Reaction score
You look at the Lakers and Clippers. We are light years from being able to match up with them.

Right. Not saying we need to be a Top-4 WC team next season, but it’s reasonable to expect to be a legit contender for the playoffs next season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's a shame if he isn't active because the Suns chances of contending for a playoff spot is slipping away.

My gut feeling, he is more reactive than proactive when it comes to trades.

Bingo. And not just trades, but everything.

Again, lack of intelligence and slowness of mind. He just isn't bright enough for a position like this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jesus, Indiana social media manager.
Right now he’s the leading scorer on a playoff team. And we got zero for him. They have every right to troll.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Worse yet, the gave up the 32nd pick to trade him.

A pick with which they could have taken Eric Paschall, who would right now be by far the best power forward on our roster.

James Jones could not possibly have bungled that evening any worse. He should have been fired right then and there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave