Fitz buys shares of Suns

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Adam Schefter

Arizona Cardinals’ WR Larry Fitzgerald has purchased a minority stake in the Phoenix Suns, becoming the second active NFL player with an NBA ownership share, league sources tell ESPN. Green Bay’s Aaron Rodgers has a stake in the Milwaukee Bucks.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Learning from the worst owner in the NBA (not named Dolan) is a poor idea.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Larry is such a nice guy that he can even get along with Sarver. Let’s hope Fitzgerald has some influence on that selfish cheapskate

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well he is obviously an alright businessman because he has owner behind his name. Not to mention his $400M investment is now worth $1.5B.
None of that changes my statement.

And I hold Jerry responsible for selling the franchise to such an abrasive, jackass of a human.

But yeah...... congrats on the increase in equity.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And fans think winning is everything. Definitely not to the owners.
Depends on the owner I guess.

The smart ones understand that your equity position grows even higher when you have more home playoff games, create a winner (or in his case.... just maintain excellence) and grow your brand rather than internally destroy it.

The Warriors, Mavs, and many others understand this. He (like Dolan & Sterling) are just here to cash checks. And for that...... in the industry of professional sports...... he deserves nothing but scorn.

And amongst his peers..... he has to be the laughingstock of the Western conference.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
man... I love Larry to death, but that man is one of the biggest gluttons for punishment I've ever seen.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is this even news.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz has said before he wants to be a majority owner of a sports franchise.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pay cut? I can't take a pay cut! I got to buy the Suns!

I just looked it up the lowest priced pro sports franchise is the Florida panthers at under 200 million.. Fits net worth in total is a paltry 98 Million. And Im sure thats not liquid and available to put toward the purchase of a pro sports franchise. Baseball and Basketball teams are much much higher.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Why is this even news.

It's good for Larry's brand as a baller. These minority ownership arrangements don't do much; Bill Simmons talks dismissively about what Jay-Z got for his short time as a minority owner of the Nets. I think you get easier access to courtside seats.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I saw a stupid poll question on 12 News the day this story broke. Will Fitz being a minority owner help Suns win? Unless Larry morphs into 26 year old Michael Jordan and plays for PHX this is nothing more than PR move for both Suns and Larry.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose