With the 8th pick in the NFL Draft......

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Dane Bruglers 2.0 Draft a dream scenario for Cardinals: They have their choice of their biggest needs.

8. Arizona Cardinals — Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Investing in the offensive line is always a smart strategy if the talent warrants the selection and Wirfs certainly does with his big-man twitch and ability to stay balanced at contact. Kyler Murray steadily progressed as a rookie and to keep that development going, upgrading the offensive line would be a wise move.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars — Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
The Jaguars were the only team to allow six runs of 40-plus yards in 2019, struggling to limit chunk plays and get off the field on third down. Simmons is a versatile playmaker and true four-down player with his ability to blitz, stop the run and cover in the slot. He would be an immediate upgrade at linebacker for Jacksonville.

10. Cleveland Browns — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Part of the reason for Baker Mayfield’s sophomore struggles stemmed from his lack of confidence in the Browns’ protection, specifically outside at offensive tackle. Thomas needs to eliminate some bad habits and stay off the ground, but he has shock absorbers for hands and gets the job done with his lower body, projecting as a starter early in his career.

11. New York Jets — Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Sitting just outside the top 10, the Jets will be sweating in the war room if their target is an offensive tackle. The fourth tackle off the board in this scenario, Becton has some sloppy tendencies, but at 6-foot-7 and 365 pounds, he moves like a much lighter blocker and looks to impose his will in the run game, moving and burying defenders into the ground.

12. Las Vegas Raiders — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
In a wide receiver-rich class, the playmaker-needy Raiders could be sitting at No. 12 with their choice of all of them. Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock could just as easily fall in love with Jerry Jeudy or a different wideout, but Lamb’s ball skills and football instincts will be attractive.

13. Indianapolis Colts — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Colts are missing a big-play element in their offense, having produced only three 40-plus-yard receptions in 2019, which ranked next-to-last behind only the Chicago Bears. Part of the blame rests with the quarterback, but adding a talent like Jeudy would certainly help whoever is under center.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — A.J. Epenesa, Edge, Iowa
Tampa Bay wisely appears motivated to bring back impending free agent Shaquil Barrett, but that shouldn’t stop the Buccaneers from continuing to upgrade in the front-seven. Unlike Barrett, Epenesa doesn’t have great get-off, but that isn’t the only way to be a productive pass rusher in the NFL. His heavy hands, rush savvy and relentless effort creates paths to the quarterback

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Dane Bruglers 2.0 Draft a dream scenario for Cardinals: They have their choice of their biggest needs.

8. Arizona Cardinals — Tristan Wirfs, OT, Iowa
Investing in the offensive line is always a smart strategy if the talent warrants the selection and Wirfs certainly does with his big-man twitch and ability to stay balanced at contact. Kyler Murray steadily progressed as a rookie and to keep that development going, upgrading the offensive line would be a wise move.

9. Jacksonville Jaguars — Isaiah Simmons, LB, Clemson
The Jaguars were the only team to allow six runs of 40-plus yards in 2019, struggling to limit chunk plays and get off the field on third down. Simmons is a versatile playmaker and true four-down player with his ability to blitz, stop the run and cover in the slot. He would be an immediate upgrade at linebacker for Jacksonville.

10. Cleveland Browns — Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia
Part of the reason for Baker Mayfield’s sophomore struggles stemmed from his lack of confidence in the Browns’ protection, specifically outside at offensive tackle. Thomas needs to eliminate some bad habits and stay off the ground, but he has shock absorbers for hands and gets the job done with his lower body, projecting as a starter early in his career.

11. New York Jets — Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville
Sitting just outside the top 10, the Jets will be sweating in the war room if their target is an offensive tackle. The fourth tackle off the board in this scenario, Becton has some sloppy tendencies, but at 6-foot-7 and 365 pounds, he moves like a much lighter blocker and looks to impose his will in the run game, moving and burying defenders into the ground.

12. Las Vegas Raiders — CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma
In a wide receiver-rich class, the playmaker-needy Raiders could be sitting at No. 12 with their choice of all of them. Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock could just as easily fall in love with Jerry Jeudy or a different wideout, but Lamb’s ball skills and football instincts will be attractive.

13. Indianapolis Colts — Jerry Jeudy, WR, Alabama
The Colts are missing a big-play element in their offense, having produced only three 40-plus-yard receptions in 2019, which ranked next-to-last behind only the Chicago Bears. Part of the blame rests with the quarterback, but adding a talent like Jeudy would certainly help whoever is under center.

14. Tampa Bay Buccaneers — A.J. Epenesa, Edge, Iowa
Tampa Bay wisely appears motivated to bring back impending free agent Shaquil Barrett, but that shouldn’t stop the Buccaneers from continuing to upgrade in the front-seven. Unlike Barrett, Epenesa doesn’t have great get-off, but that isn’t the only way to be a productive pass rusher in the NFL. His heavy hands, rush savvy and relentless effort creates paths to the quarterback

Not a chance in hell it plays out like this, but fun to opine nonetheless. Way too much talent sliding and we’d likely be offered a kings ransom if Jeudy, Thomas, and Simmons are all still on the board at #8.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This would be a great year to have another pick from 10-15. Wonder if someone like Miami would trade one of their extras for a 2 and a pick next year.
This team is so bereft of young talent that we absolutely can't afford to be trading away draft picks, even if they're next year. Keim has left the cupboard bare there. Gotta start to make up for it so we're not stuck finding our roster in FA each year.

Also, Miami is in terrible shape, I see no reason they'd give up any picks when that roster needs to get stated on a full rebuild.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This team is so bereft of young talent that we absolutely can't afford to be trading away draft picks, even if they're next year. Keim has left the cupboard bare there. Gotta start to make up for it so we're not stuck finding our roster in FA each year.

Also, Miami is in terrible shape, I see no reason they'd give up any picks when that roster needs to get stated on a full rebuild.

When a team trades away all thier best players, puts a bunch more on IR and has a starting 22 that most people wouldn't recognise more than 2 players from and they still get as many wins as the Cards...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah honestly I am starting to think a trade back a few spots is what this team needs the most

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Herbert or Tua makes it to #8...how would everyone feel about a trade down, even if we don't get a "kings ransom".

Lets say the Raiders want to move up from #12 and will give us a 3rd....or Tampa wants to move up from#14 and will give a 2nd?

It would be awesome to say we would stock up on picks by trading down, would it still be worth moving down from #8 and potentially taking a lesser player in the 1st round if we are able to add another guy in the first 2 days of the draft?

I'm torn, but a lot would depend on free agency

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If Herbert or Tua makes it to #8...how would everyone feel about a trade down, even if we don't get a "kings ransom".

Lets say the Raiders want to move up from #12 and will give us a 3rd....or Tampa wants to move up from#14 and will give a 2nd?

It would be awesome to say we would stock up on picks by trading down, would it still be worth moving down from #8 and potentially taking a lesser player in the 1st round if we are able to add another guy in the first 2 days of the draft?

It would likely need to be a package at least similar to the one we gave up for Rosen and it would depend on the likelihood one of the players we want still being on the board with our new spot. With it being Tua and him having a lot more upside than what Rosen was considered to have we might actually be able to lure a team into a much better package for the move up as well.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Not a chance in hell it plays out like this, but fun to opine nonetheless. Way too much talent sliding and we’d likely be offered a kings ransom if Jeudy, Thomas, and Simmons are all still on the board at #8.
It actually could be that three QB's do go in top 7 with Young, Okudah, Wills (or pick your prefered OT) and Brown going 1-7. Even if 1-2 of them falls out that still leaves us with a good 5-6 solid needs picks available there.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Simmons would be perfect for this defense so there is zero chance he will be available.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Let's keep the string going and take the Oregon QB with our first pick. He is the best backup QB fit in this draft, and Murray will definitely be injured sooner or later in this style Offense and his stature.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Let's keep the string going and take the Oregon QB with our first pick. He is the best backup QB fit in this draft, and Murray will definitely be injured sooner or later in this style Offense and his stature.

On a serious side to your post, I think the Cards should draft Jalen Hurts for that exact reason. 4th round or so.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

I made a big post about this and deleted it, because I changed my mind. We have no young talent, but a bunch of young nobodies. Give me the top tier guy that slid because of the premium on QB, and don't look back. As it stands today, Kyler Murray is the only player on this roster under 25 that is even sniffing a Pro Bowl alternate. Let's get someone impactful. The existing QB needs of the teams ahead of us will slide a player who should have gone higher, right to us. And any team looking to move up to get a QB where we sit would have to give up the aforementioned "King's Ransom."

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I made a big post about this and deleted it, because I changed my mind. We have no young talent, but a bunch of young nobodies. Give me the top tier guy that slid because of the premium on QB, and don't look back. As it stands today, Kyler Murray is the only player on this roster under 25 that is even sniffing a Pro Bowl alternate. Let's get someone impactful. The existing QB needs of the teams ahead of us will slide a player who should have gone higher, right to us. And any team looking to move up to get a QB where we sit would have to give up the aforementioned "King's Ransom."
Is Budda 30 or something

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Is Budda 30 or something
I'll always admit when I'm wrong. He got ripped on so much here that I forgot about him.

Doesn't change much about still being in a really bad spot when it comes to young talent. Is Budda a true NFL star though? I don't know. For as much as I hated Kyler as a pick, gave him a hard time, whatever, I see him as the only true potential superstar on the roster.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Once free agency is over I will have a better idea who I would like with the first pick. Right now too many needs, too many choices.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I like hi commitment to his school, but I think this is a dumb move for him.
yes -- especially for a RB

college is about preparing yourself to earn a living as an adult. He is definitely prepared

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
I like hi commitment to his school, but I think this is a dumb move for him.
Always a big risk for RB. Injury could totally kill his stock. But it's a crowded RB class this year. Next season's looks way thinner.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah honestly I am starting to think a trade back a few spots is what this team needs the most

I can agree with this, as long as it is not a trade back too far. An extra 2nd and a mid first rounder would be great, we would still be able to get a great WR and be able to go OL or DL with the extra pick.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From DJs mock draft.

@Dr. Jones might lose it if we take him over Simmons, Jeudy and Lamb :grabs:

PICK

Tristan Wirfs - OG
School: Iowa | Year: Junior

The Cardinals need to protect their investment in Kyler Murray. Some believe Wirfs will stay at tackle in the NFL, but I see him as an All-Pro-caliber guard at the next level.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose