Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
And Deandre in his last four games.

pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, shooting percentage.

20, 10, 1, 4, 74%--win
26, 21, 2,2, 73%--win
26, 15, 2, 2, 37%--win
25, 12, 2, 1, 64%--loss

AVG: 24.5 points, 14.5 rebounds, 1.75 assists, 2.25 blocks

Booker 23
Ayton 21

both are trending in the right direction

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Definitely encouraging signs all around, but honestly, it's probably a little too late for this season. They just can't seem to string a good stretch together to get headway into the 8th spot. I think OKC is more or less locked in to the 7th, unless they trade CP3, and there's a lot of competition for that last spot. All these games the Suns are losing to other teams competing for the 8th are really going to hurt in tie-breaker scenarios.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
At this point does it really matter? Playoffs are a good goal to work at, but we just want improvement to the point where we EXPECT the playoffs. And frankly that was never in the cards this season. Now if we continue on this trajectory, playoffs or no, then NEXT year will be the year.

That has to be the case anyway if we want to be big FA players in 2021.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Deandre in his last four games.

pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, shooting percentage.

20, 10, 1, 4, 74%--win
26, 21, 2,2, 73%--win
26, 15, 2, 2, 37%--win
25, 12, 2, 1, 64%--loss

AVG: 24.5 points, 14.5 rebounds, 1.75 assists, 2.25 blocks

It has been really impressive.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
At this point does it really matter? Playoffs are a good goal to work at, but we just want improvement to the point where we EXPECT the playoffs. And frankly that was never in the cards this season. Now if we continue on this trajectory, playoffs or no, then NEXT year will be the year.

I think it's an important part of a team's development to get to the playoffs. To be able to get a taste of the atmosphere, the pressure, the importance of in-game and in-series adjustments; there's a lot of experience to be gained that you just can't replicate in the regular season.

I also think it's disingenuous to say that it was never in the cards this season. Yes, it was extremely early, but there was real talk when the team was 7-4 with some solid wins without Ayton and a seemingly impressive defensive turnaround compared to last year.

Even now it's still within reach, they're not that far out of reach. As long as they are not making some future roster gutting move, they should absolutely still push for it, and I believe they are. I just think they're going to fall short and it's a shame.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it would be more important to get to the playoffs this year than it would be to be in the lottery and have a chance for a top pick. I would not mind making a trade that would help us get there, as long as it still has more of a long-term view. While I like Ibaka, if he is going to just be a 2 month rental, I am not sure it is worth it.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
Playoffs would be huge. Everything should be done to get there. The experience and energy will far outweigh another lotto pick.

I don't think it's too late at all. If Ayton can continue to build on his recent play, the suns will have a real chance.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Playoffs would be huge. Everything should be done to get there. The experience and energy will far outweigh another lotto pick.

I don't think it's too late at all. If Ayton can continue to build on his recent play, the suns will have a real chance.

Not ready to go that far. By that reasoning, Kevin Love would be a real option for you. I don't think it should be.

We need to improve the team so that we are competitive. And we should do it without destroying our future flexibility. Because we aren't winning a championship anytime soon. If we have two choices -- 1) continue on this trajectory without worrying about playoffs this year, or 2) aquire someone to help guarantee playoffs this year while mortgaging our future on such a piece, I'd choose #1 every day and twice on Sunday.

You're right, the playoffs can be a big help, but if you mortgage your future to get there one year when you don't have a chance to actually win a championship, then you actually lose in the long run.

Our goal should always be building a sustainable championship-caliber club. We tried the perennial playoff contender but no championship card, and I don't want to go back to that.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
All hall of famers except LeBron. Its really amazing when you think of all the players that must be below him on that list (Including Michael and Kobe). He also won't be 24 until October.
t

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
All hall of famers except LeBron. Its really amazing when you think of all the players that must be below him on that list (Including Michael and Kobe).
At the same time how many players aren't on this list because they went to college for 3-4 years. Such as MJ, but he would be on there if he wasn't injured for most of his 2nd season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All hall of famers except LeBron. Its really amazing when you think of all the players that must be below him on that list (Including Michael and Kobe). He also won't be 24 until October.
t

Jordan played 3 years in college and broke his ankle during his second season.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
t

And I think all played for teams with winning records except one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Fitzgerald, second all-time in NFL receiving yards, has built a strong relationship with Suns managing partner Robert Sarver. Fitzgerald, 36, had already taken on a significant ambassador's role with the Suns. Even so, his presence has been more than ceremonial. While Fitzgerald has done everything from sit in on potential front office candidate interviews to canvass for a Suns public arena vote, he won't take a more active role with the Suns until his professional football playing career is over, sources told ESPN. He's been a season ticket holder with the team since 2005.

An iconic Arizona sporting and philanthropic figure, Fitzgerald is expected to bring an additional level of credibility to Sarver and the Suns. Fitzgerald, 36, has been engaged in well-regarded charitable foundations in the Phoenix-area for much of his career.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28536699/sources-cards-larry-fitzgerald-buys-share-suns

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA