Starting to warm to Simmons, but ...

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LSU has a pair of ILBs who i like:

Patrick Queen -- who really showed up in the Natl Champ game. 2nd round guy. 6-1 227 and can run

Jacob Phillips -- all around good player, bigger at 6-3. 4th rounder

other "rangy" kinds of run / cover ILBs, all tall, all 230 lbs or so:

Troy Dye of Oregon. 6-4 ive seen him mocked everywhere from late 1 to middle 4 or so.

Justin Strnad (spelled right)-- 6-3, Wake Forest. 5th round or so

and as a real flyer:

Charles Snowden, Virginia. 6-7 (!!) 235 lbs. 5-6th round

Finally:

a up-sized safety that is the small school version of Simmons:

Kyle Duggar of Lenoire-Ryhne. 6-2, 225 lbs. Fast. Team captain, QBd the defense. Played a LB/S role. Also returned kicks and RB for them. 5th rounder. (This player has Keim written all over him BTW)
John houston Jr.
Duggar is a nice SS/FS KR with probably 4.46 time or something around, he would be a nice pick up, but he is a SS/FS I don't see us taking him since we have already 2 young guys there, but maybe he is the solution and having him and Baker back there... maybe.

Philips, is more a Hicks than a Simmons.

Queen is more OLB/ILB than ILB/SS not so good in coverage, but would be a nice add in the 2nd round to put opposite Chandler Jones.

But for Charles Snowden 6-6 with ~ 4.67 time is a OLB/DE prospect and in the NFL more a DE, maybe the right guy for our DE rotation.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah it is a belive with stats: basically for me the next decade to win a SB is to win against KC or similar teams, KC best Reciever? Travis Kelce 1229 yards (over 1000k yards in every year since 2016) if he has a 70 yards game you have a chance to win, if he scores 100+ on you, you are probably done. Titans had 943 yards on TE, Green Bay being more old school had only over 700 but on the playoff games theire 2nd reciever was Graham, 49ers top reciever? Kittle with over 1050 yards, overall around 1150 yards over TE, with 2 more games by Kittle 1200 yards just by Kittle wold have been normal, if he plays against us that one game probably even 1300 yards.

Rams have over 1100 yards at TE as well. Even Seattle changed in the playoffs and the TE was more focal even if Wilson wasn't really good to go.

So basically the top 4 Teams have a TE that can recieve. Titans are probably the team were a run stopping ILB is more valuable, but else even in our division, if you can't cover the TE you aren't going to win it.

And we need first to beat 49ers, Rams and Seattle and than you have to think about Green Bay and KC most of the next years.

So for me this is the way I see it, yes, but there are some stats, that back it up. Because even we had many first downs with a TE and I wouldn't be surprised if we really take a good TE in the draft, because that helps a QB now a days.
Those aren't historical stats, that is projecting what you feel to be true over the next 4 years. And that is ok, but it is completely different from your previous statement which implied there was a historical trend of needing to be great vs the TE to win a Super Bowl.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
What was one of, if not the biggest complaint on this board this year concerning our defense? Every game people complained that we could not stop the tight end from making plays. Every game. smh.:soapbox:
That doesn't the only way to get better is spend the #8 pick in the draft on Simmons.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You can't read solar7 or can you? do you read? No you don't, because he had more turnovers, QBR was worse had less TD because he run for none, less rushing yards worse completition% but yeah you are probably right Minshew is the next coming and was benched because Jacksonville didn't have any other option to do so. And you are always right, and you are so much better in adjusting and you know so much more about QB than anybody else in the league and therefor not Murray is the QB candidate but Minshew.

So just for god sake (and I don't belive in god but probably you) check the stats for real and don't spout out fake Facts? Thank you. And please, could you and your sorry ass other Murray haters, let this thread be about Simmons. Thank you again.

I myself wasn't a Murray lover at the beginning. Bt cbus, you and some other, make me feel that I have to start to ignore people, because they can't let it be. Let your hatred why ever you have one be on a Murray thread, and don't hijack every freaking thread and make it to a "Murray is so bad" "others are/were better" "he never will be..." "he never is..." "you are so in love with..."

Most of the forum aren't, there are facts and then there are some that love him way to much and others like you two that hate him way to much. But please, let the other Threads be about the topic. I don't know why they don't move all that nonsense to a Kyler murray thread and we could discuss the topic of the thread.
Turnovers Lost: Minshew, 13. Murray, 13.
QBR: I didn't argue this, and it's still close. Passer Rating/Quarterback Rating: Minshew, 91.2. Murray, 87.4.
Completion Percentage: Minshew, 60.6%. Murray, 64.4%.
Passing Yards: Minshew, 3,271. Murray, 3,722.
Touchdowns (points win games): Minshew, 21. Murray, 24.

Let's not forget through all of this, Minshew played four less games. It's not insane for anyone to say that Minshew had a comparable, if not better year.

Scream and wail all you want, but Minshew also ran for 344 yards in less games. The argument of putting him right next to Murray in performance isn't insane. I am "checking the stats for real," and if you want to be mad that Minshew had a comparable performance to our #1 overall draft pick enough to block me, well, go ahead.

I left cbus' comment alone so he could do his own thing for days, until you freaked out on him that the stats tell different. Well, they don't.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
#triggered
Dude, I don't care. When this coaching staff and QB prove they're elite, I'll dance down the aisles of the stadium with whoever insists I'm wrong.

Right now, our GM sucks, our head coach has never won anything, Kyler's the only thing we can have any hope in, and even he's no savior. Keim apparently drafted "the most talented player" and there's an argument to be made he's not even the best QB. Stop playing it like KM dragged us to the playoffs over more capable teams - he looked good against bad teams and won one against Seattle.

No one that isn't a Cardinals fan thinks our QB has arrived without question.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Dude, I don't care. When this coaching staff and QB prove they're elite, I'll dance down the aisles of the stadium with whoever insists I'm wrong.

Right now, our GM sucks, our head coach has never won anything, Kyler's the only thing we can have any hope in, and even he's no savior. Keim apparently drafted "the most talented player" and there's an argument to be made he's not even the best QB. Stop playing it like KM dragged us to the playoffs over more capable teams - he looked good against bad teams and won one against Seattle.

Still #triggered lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'm just messing with you. You're acting borderline obsessed. Let it go.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Probably want to get off this board & see for yourself.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You see me as obsessed, I see you as obsessed. So far it's been a decent offseason where we can discuss improvement. We've made the political allegory, but the moment people stop insisting Kyler's the infallible chosen one, or he proves that he is, the moment I'll stop. You should let it go too.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Touchdowns (points win games): Minshew, 21. Murray, 24.

believe it or not, 3 points is significant

its worth about 10 slots in rankings among the teams -- again, material in a 32 team league

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Probably want to get off this board & see for yourself.
I have. He's solid with a ton of question marks, like the rest of this team.

He keeps getting treated like he just replicated Patrick Mahomes' first full season on here. The kid is good, but has so much more to achieve.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
believe it or not, 3 points is significant

its worth about 10 slots in rankings among the teams -- again, material in a 32 team league

Kyler: 1.5 TDs per game
Gardner: 1.75 TDs per game

I'm not in any way trying to say Kyler sucks or something. But his production compared to his 6th round counterpart is not dramatically better. They are very close. Another derail though, just because questioning the greatness of Kyler is unacceptable.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There’s not a GM in the league that would take Gardner over Kyler and the fact you think it’s close says a lot.
The stats are close. I wouldn't trade the players. @wit3card insisted to another poster that the stats are overwhelmingly in Kyler's favor, and they're not. You can't make that claim.

We are a bad team with a subpar GM by draft record, HC that has never won anything to speak of, and a QB that is statistically very close to others drafted behind him. There's no debating the numbers. Our division rival that drafted one pick behind us advanced to the Super Bowl today. Pardon me for not throwing a parade in the street.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You see me as obsessed, I see you as obsessed. So far it's been a decent offseason where we can discuss improvement. We've made the political allegory, but the moment people stop insisting Kyler's the infallible chosen one, or he proves that he is, the moment I'll stop. You should let it go too.

LOL I havent mentioned Kyler in a few weeks probably. I did respond in the baseball thread.

He isnt infallible.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'll never understand people who just troll others for their own amusement.

why not just talk football instead of admittedly being a jerk to people?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Just like you have been following me around trolling me ever since the whole Swearinger thing.

Even tried DMing me. I told you what to do. Maybe you should avoid taking to me, because I'm done with you after you did the douchebag thing and hit me up in DMs.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Are you not being troll-ish in this situation? Why don't we let them figure it out instead? They are adults.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The stats are close. I wouldn't trade the players. @wit3card insisted to another poster that the stats are overwhelmingly in Kyler's favor, and they're not. You can't make that claim.

We are a bad team with a subpar GM by draft record, HC that has never won anything to speak of, and a QB that is statistically very close to others drafted behind him. There's no debating the numbers. Our division rival that drafted one pick behind us advanced to the Super Bowl today. Pardon me for not throwing a parade in the street.

this is also there first winning season in 6 years so you know... stats and all

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
this is also there first winning season in 6 years so you know... stats and all
Good stuff ignoring the rest of my post, but it's been four straight seasons with a losing record for us. Five for them before this season. And two Super Bowl appearances this decade to our 0.

I hate them, but come on.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Good stuff ignoring the rest of my post, but it's been four straight seasons with a losing record for us. Five for them before this season. And two Super Bowl appearances this decade to our 0.

I hate them, but come on.

8/8 is not a losing record

and your just going to flat out ignore all the injuries we had during that 7-8-1 and 8-8 seasons 3 and 4 years ago? The entire offense doesn’t get hurt those years were not 500 and were in the playoffs. You can’t keep ignoring this.

rebuilding for 2 years. That’s reality now go put your spin on it and tell me how much this organization sucks and much you love the 49ers.