Suggs and Honey Badger in the Super Bowl

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suggs played SK and the Cardinals like a fiddle. Signs $7M contract with the Cards and brags how he would never steal from the Ravens because he respects the organization too much. Cardinals? Yeah sure fine. Then plays half ass most of the time and convinces the Cardinals to cut him. The Chiefs claim him off waivers and now he gets to play in ANOTHER SB.

Honey Badger is going to keep recruiting PP. I’m sure Peterson will be traded.

I’m not sure why I’m ranting. Just bitter I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Chiefs, nothing without Mahomes and Reid, do not care about Honey Skunk. Suggs is still stealing money from somebody but does so with a ring he also will not earn... chill my brother, it's all good in the MFL (mediocre football league) where even drafting second the year before affords you a possible championship :)

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Badger was good, but a first class jerk who was mentored by a second class jerk (PP21) after being thrown out of college football. Badger did well with the Texans and earned this Super Bowl appearance. Suggs never should have been signed by the Cardinals. We all know that he doesn’t deserve the ring he is about to win and he should hand it back.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw one lay that Suggs made and it wasn’t a great one. Obviously HB is fully recovered from his injuries.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Remember watching Suggs preseason REFUSING to tackle everyone?? I rationalized it away.... "oh thats just a vet knowing how to get through the preseason. he'll turn it on come regular season"

Nope. never even attempted to flip the switch. straight up robbed us

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can lay blame at the feet of these two players.

Keim wasn't as patient as he needed to be with Mathieu's recovery.

Keim wasn't smart about what he was signing in Suggs.

End of story.

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
At the time we either had to choose between HB and his salary or BB.
I personally thought It was time to part with HB. He didn’t look the same after 2 blown knees. I thought he looked bad playing for the Texans, really bad when the Texans lost in the playoffs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ty's my favorite modern Cardinal, so I'm bummed about that. Suggs and I have met, he's a good dude, and I can't blame him for how things sorted out.

I hate the 49ers with my heart and soul, so I'll be rooting for the Chiefs.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Both are not the same players they used to be but hey good for them

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Keim wasn't smart about what he was signing in Suggs.

End of story.

your blaming SK for TM blowing out both his knees? He’s still not the same player he used to be. He was asked to restructure his deal, felt it was an insult and thought he could get more. Turned out he couldn’t and ended up signing for less than what the Cardinals were offering.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Keim definitely was trying to right a wrong of previous drafts for the franchise & bring back a former state legend. Should’ve never been a thought on a young team because it’s obvious his skills are toast.

As far as the Badger, the major mistake Keim & Michael made was rewarding a great player long term right after tearing his ACL. Who the hell does that? A major mistake & I said it the day the deal was signed.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Blame no but TM acted like a punk when he got released.
He acted like a dude who was told he needed to take a pay cut due to performance when he was still recovering from injury. I waffled and let myself get talked into the idea that it was the right move and have been proven wrong. I would be pissed as well if I was told I was the heart of an organization and then they said take a pay cut or we are going to fire you.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At the time we either had to choose between HB and his salary or BB.
I personally thought It was time to part with HB. He didn’t look the same after 2 blown knees. I thought he looked bad playing for the Texans, really bad when the Texans lost in the playoffs.
And yet good teams are paying him significant dollars to help their defenses while ours sucks. Obviously he isn't that bad. I didn't like the amount dead money we had to eat but I got the move. Turns out it wasn't a good one.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
your blaming SK for TM blowing out both his knees? He’s still not the same player he used to be. He was asked to restructure his deal, felt it was an insult and thought he could get more. Turned out he couldn’t and ended up signing for less than what the Cardinals were offering.
lol.

How many playoff games has Mathieu played in since he left?

How many have we played in?

Turns out he was right and Keim was wrong to not consider the injury recovery timeline more.

Another example of Keim eating a bunch of dead money and never really replacing the player he let go.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the moral here is that this org/keim can be taken for suckers.. Mathieu getting paid and still whining/suggs coming here for a vacay pay day and letting it be known. Those are my issues..not the players fault. Just an indictment on this front office..which is scary as a fan..imo.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I think the moral here is that this org/keim can be taken for suckers.. Mathieu getting paid and still whining/suggs coming here for a vacay pay day and letting it be known. Those are my issues..not the players fault. Just an indictment on this front office..which is scary as a fan..imo.
Yes.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He acted like a dude who was told he needed to take a pay cut due to performance when he was still recovering from injury. I waffled and let myself get talked into the idea that it was the right move and have been proven wrong. I would be pissed as well if I was told I was the heart of an organization and then they said take a pay cut or we are going to fire you.

Happens every year. It’s a performance business.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Happens every year. It’s a performance business.
Sure. But that doesn't mean players need to accept it. Their reaction is the reaction of someone telling them they aren't good enough. It is understandable, not a punk move. I also have no problem when the player then shoves it down the face of the team that let them go.

Calais made us look stupid.
Tony Jefferson made us look stupid.
Mathieu made us look stupid.
Suggs made us look stupid.

Bluto is the common denominator not the reactions of the individual players.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Sure. But that doesn't mean players need to accept it. Their reaction is the reaction of someone telling them they aren't good enough. It is understandable, not a punk move. I also have no problem when the player then shoves it down the face of the team that let them go.

Calais made us look stupid.
Tony Jefferson made us look stupid.
Mathieu made us look stupid.
Suggs made us look stupid.

Bluto is the common denominator not the reactions of the individual players.

Neither do I. Nobody has a problem with him doing his job.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
And yet good teams are paying him significant dollars to help their defenses while ours sucks. Obviously he isn't that bad. I didn't like the amount dead money we had to eat but I got the move. Turns out it wasn't a good one.

Wasn't he the highest paid safety in the league? I hate to defend Keim but TM was complete ass for us the season before he got cut. We wanted to keep him but for less, he didn't want to take a paycut, instead he went and played for the Texans for lessthan what we were offering him.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol.

How many playoff games has Mathieu played in since he left?

How many have we played in?

Turns out he was right and Keim was wrong to not consider the injury recovery timeline more.

Another example of Keim eating a bunch of dead money and never really replacing the player he let go.

the fact your trying to blame him is just insane. Again we wanted to keep him and offered him more money than anyone else and in your world your trying to blame SK for him not being here.

dude let it go. I know you don’t like him but not everything is SK fault. Yeah what an A-hole SK was trying to offer TM more money than anyone else in the NFL. The nerve of some people.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wasn't he the highest paid safety in the league? I hate to defend Keim but TM was complete ass for us the season before he got cut. We wanted to keep him but for less, he didn't want to take a paycut, instead he went and played for the Texans than what we were offering him.

thats exactly what happened.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wasn't he the highest paid safety in the league? I hate to defend Keim but TM was complete ass for us the season before he got cut. We wanted to keep him but for less, he didn't want to take a paycut, instead he went and played for the Texans than what we were offering him.

The dude was also the best tackler we ever had in his prime, his size did not matter because his technique was superb. Then he became sloppy and was unable to tackle anyone along with not making dynamic interceptions... we made a decision based on results so I cannot fault Keim for when he actually did use logic by getting rid of him

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose