Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monday the Suns begin a two game home stretch with the Spurs and then play the Pacers on Wednesday.

Spurs (18-23) beat the Heat today in San Antonio 107-102. They are 5-5 over their last 10 games.

Suns (18-24) try to make it three wins in a row after victories on the road against the Knicks and Celtics. Over a 10 game stretch the Suns are 6-4.

The Spurs are a half game ahead of the Suns in the playoff race in the Western Conference.

Suns play the Spurs again on Friday. This time on the road.

Game time is 7 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

It will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the Suns injury report.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will repeat the injury report because the above tweet is not showing up at the moment.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Kelly Oubre Jr. is probable for tomorrow's game at home against the Spurs. He's missed the last two games after being in concussion protocol.

Cam Johnson (quad bruise) is questionable and Aron Baynes (left hip soreness) is doubtful.

8:08 PM - 19 Jan 2020

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Derozan is my number 1 trade target.we don’t need a PF we need another perimeter player who can initiate the offense when Booker isn’t in the game. When he goes the bench the numbers are insane.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Derozan is my number 1 trade target.we don’t need a PF we need another perimeter player who can initiate the offense when Booker isn’t in the game. When he goes the bench the numbers are insane.

We need a PF and a backup PG. The wing positions are the only places where we actually have depth, Derozan would be redundant and would not be at all happy about being a reserve.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

We desperately need not one, but two, power forwards. That being said, I could see the benefit of adding someone like DeRozan if it doesn't cost us Booker or Ayton.

I would still focus on the likes of Aaron Gordon, Thaddeus Young, Julius Randle, Bobby Portis, Myles Turner, LaMarcus Aldridge, John Collins and Derrick Favors.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Gina Mizell
@ginamizell

·
27m

Monty Williams remains hopeful Kelly Oubre Jr. will be able to return tonight vs. San Antonio (officially listed as probable). Oubre talked about the steps of concussion protocol, including playing a computerized “Memory”-style card game (flipping over one-by-one to match) #Suns

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is one of those times where I hate how this board trims the URL. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but this is how it looks for me...
You must be registered for see images attach

I wouldn't need to click it if it said the whole thing, which is "kelly oubre jr slated to return for suns vs spurs after concussion" with hyphens in between words instead of spaces.

Hopefully Kelly does return. Surely Popovich has gameplans to stop Ayton and Booker already so having a 3rd scorer will help tremendously.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

IMO, the training staff shouldn't have allowed Oubre to continue playing. That was a pretty good hit.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Headed to the game tonight. So far 1-0 this season when I’m at the game...hopefully 2-0 after tonight.

If we can only convince Phrazbit to attend the Pacers game we will have it covered.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is one of those times where I hate how this board trims the URL. Not sure if it's the same for everyone but this is how it looks for me...
You must be registered for see images attach

I wouldn't need to click it if it said the whole thing, which is "kelly oubre jr slated to return for suns vs spurs after concussion" with hyphens in between words instead of spaces.

Hopefully Kelly does return. Surely Popovich has gameplans to stop Ayton and Booker already so having a 3rd scorer will help tremendously.
I would bring him back slowly. Start Bridges.

Oubre can be the Tazmanian Devil coming off the bench.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would bring him back slowly. Start Bridges.

Oubre can be the Tazmanian Devil coming off the bench.

Oubre is a starter in this league BUT would he be better suited to be The Man coming off the bench? He's not known to be a great and willing passer, but can get and create his own. And would Bridges' talents be more complementary to the starters??

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Oubre is a starter in this league BUT would he be better suited to be The Man coming off the bench? He's not known to be a great and willing passer, but can get and create his own. And would Bridges' talents be more complementary to the starters??
The bench could definitely use a shot in the arm offensively, that's for sure. Might be a better balance on both sides of the floor with more defense for the starting lineup and more offense when some of the starters get a rest. Either way, Oubre should still be part of the closing lineup.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Oubre is too vital to setting the energy of the team to bring off the bench but then the Suns energy has been lacking to start games in the last dozen or so. So maybe bringing him off the bench to provide a boost would be better. It's worth trying, at least.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin‏Verified account @DuaneRankin

Kelly Oubre Jr. is officially back. Will play. Monty Williams and I did our usual back-and-forth on whether Oubre will start tonight.

Williams didn't say Oubre would start, but didn't say he wouldn't start either. Fair question because of how Mikal Bridges is playing. #Suns

4:40 PM - 20 Jan 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose